Jump to content

Hamilton Street Railway


Hybrid0920
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

So im assuming the order is larger then 11 buses. Where are we going to keep them? MTC barely has space for the 11 buses we brought back in fall 2021

 

Thats probably why they're replacement, not expansion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2022 at 9:49 AM, hamilton.area.transit said:

So im assuming the order is larger then 11 buses. Where are we going to keep them? MTC barely has space for the 11 buses we brought back in fall 2021

Just to clarify, 20 Nova LFS CNG buses are scheduled to be delivered June/July. These will be 15 expansion and 5 replacements. The service expansion for year 6 of the 10 year transit plan will be implemented in September requiring the additional buses.

 

Another 31 buses will be delivered at the end of the year which will include 5 expansion and 26 replacements. As for artics, 20 are on order, the delivery time is not known at this time. It was expected to be 2022 but will most likely be 2023 due to worldwide supply issues.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Just to clarify, 20 Nova LFS CNG buses are scheduled to be delivered June/July. These will be 15 expansion and 5 replacements. The service expansion for year 6 of the 10 year transit plan will be implemented in September requiring the additional buses.

 

Another 31 buses will be delivered at the end of the year which will include 5 expansion and 26 replacements. As for artics, 20 are on order, the delivery time is not known at this time. It was expected to be 2022 but will most likely be 2023 due to worldwide supply issues.

Where does HSR plan on keeping the expansion buses? Theres no room

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have heard in the past that they were going to reuse the Wentworth yard, the one they used to use and then closed, and was being used by GO for a number of years. If that is the case then a bunch of buses could operate from there and it would actually benefit certain routes as currently there are some buses that leave mountain garage or return, that deadhead for 35-45 minutes. A supervisor I know there was telling me that at one point they had about 15 buses in the morning that left the yard and drove 30-45 minutes before entering service, and then back at the end of the shift or day. That is a lot of downtime being paid out for a city that is not that big. At 30 minutes for 15 buses that is 450 minutes of deadheading time that is being paid to different drivers with no customers/fare revenue. At least having the Wentworth yard operating again, there could be substantial deadheading savings. Meaning that it could go into improving service without adding more buses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, brianc1981 said:

I have heard in the past that they were going to reuse the Wentworth yard, the one they used to use and then closed, and was being used by GO for a number of years. If that is the case then a bunch of buses could operate from there and it would actually benefit certain routes as currently there are some buses that leave mountain garage or return, that deadhead for 35-45 minutes. A supervisor I know there was telling me that at one point they had about 15 buses in the morning that left the yard and drove 30-45 minutes before entering service, and then back at the end of the shift or day. That is a lot of downtime being paid out for a city that is not that big. At 30 minutes for 15 buses that is 450 minutes of deadheading time that is being paid to different drivers with no customers/fare revenue. At least having the Wentworth yard operating again, there could be substantial deadheading savings. Meaning that it could go into improving service without adding more buses. 

 

The new garage at that site was funded by the federal government last summer.

Here's the PDF from the public consultation event in 2019. You'll see on page 5 that they do point out the deadheading issue you brought up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wonka said:

 

The new garage at that site was funded by the federal government last summer.

Here's the PDF from the public consultation event in 2019. You'll see on page 5 that they do point out the deadheading issue you brought up.

 

 

It's good news for sure, but at the same time the idea of building a Wentworth garage that can host electric buses makes me groan.

I've still got some bits and pieces in my basement from the last time there was a Wentworth garage with electric buses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2022 at 5:09 PM, brianc1981 said:

I have heard in the past that they were going to reuse the Wentworth yard, 

The actual site is immediately north of the old Wentworth garage. It is a new lot with Hillyard, Brant and Birch on three sides. The HSR will get a brand new garage/office facility, and the existing building will likely remain a City Works facility.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 3:58 PM, hamilton.area.transit said:

So I'm on bus 0701 and the thing that shows the stops now shows the date and time. I will attach a photo to this post. Is this a thing thay will stay or is it a test?

58026C1F-FF22-4663-B0A0-72E8AA0B90D5.jpeg

 

I've seen that before, I think its just supposed to come up when the unit is started or running in some kind of diagnostic mode? I've been on a few buses where it just displayed that the entire time and the announcer system wasn't working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Yes. 0601 has had a ad on the drivers side since it came back.

Oh got it thanks!How about the doors side?I just hope to get a pic of 601 with entire HSR livery someday when the ad is off,since it may be the only active DE41LF in Canada… I wonder if it is all well with 602 which Transsee says the last time it went out was Dec last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GZ6113PHEV5 said:

Oh got it thanks!How about the doors side?I just hope to get a pic of 601 with entire HSR livery someday when the ad is off,since it may be the only active DE41LF in Canada… I wonder if it is all well with 602 which Transsee says the last time it went out was Dec last year.

the passenger side can get ads too. 0602 is MIA idk whats the issue with it, hopefully someone here can answer this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

the passenger side can get ads too. 0602 is MIA idk whats the issue with it, hopefully someone here can answer this

If I remember correctly, it broke down doing the 2 at Bell Mannor Loop when the driver shut the engine off for his layover but couldn't get it started again. I believe it got towed back to MTC. Don't recall when this happened but I think this was the last we saw of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vekoma said:

If I remember correctly, it broke down doing the 2 at Bell Mannor Loop when the driver shut the engine off for his layover but couldn't get it started again. I believe it got towed back to MTC. Don't recall when this happened but I think this was the last we saw of it.

Yea i know that, i just dont want to jump to saying stuff that i know probably isnt true. Ive drove past MTC a couple times and it wasnt in the graveyard so could it be out somewhere getting fixed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 2:35 PM, hamilton.area.transit said:

Yea i know that, i just dont want to jump to saying stuff that i know probably isnt true. Ive drove past MTC a couple times and it wasnt in the graveyard so could it be out somewhere getting fixed?

0602 is up the hill at the HSR Mountain Garage. It is not a graveyard. It is just where buses are parked when they are awaiting parts. I do not know what the issue is with 0602 and if it will return to service or not. The photo is taken yesterday.

HSR 0602 - 28MAY22.jpg

  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...