Jump to content

Hamilton Street Railway


Hybrid0920
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Byfold said:

913 appears to be back in service.

It’s fallen under the radar from others here but yes it has been back in service in the last week. In addition, 0701 is (as of writing this) doing it’s first scheduled run since May 2019, on the 5/52

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Just wondering what’s happening with 0601/0602 and 0702/0703/0705/0706 and 0709.

Someone here mentioned 709 might be used for parts. 
 
I’ve also seen one of the 0600’s(number escapes me) on training.

If anyone knows what’s going on with 610 and 615 as well, I’d love to know. 
 

Thanks all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

Just wondering what’s happening with 0601/0602 and 0702/0703/0705/0706 and 0709.

Someone here mentioned 709 might be used for parts. 
 
I’ve also seen one of the 0600’s(number escapes me) on training.

If anyone knows what’s going on with 610 and 615 as well, I’d love to know. 

The remaining buses should enter service within the next 4 weeks. 

The hybrids 0601 and 0602 are included. It was mentioned in an earlier post that 0706 was possibly going to be used as a parts bus but they are fixing it up as well so it should re-enter service.

Buses 0610 and 0615 have some frame issues and may be out of service for a while. Some of the 0900s are also starting to experience frame issues as well (922, 926, etc.).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

The remaining buses should enter service within the next 4 weeks. 

The hybrids 0601 and 0602 are included. It was mentioned in an earlier post that 0706 was possibly going to be used as a parts bus but they are fixing it up as well so it should re-enter service.

Buses 0610 and 0615 have some frame issues and may be out of service for a while. Some of the 0900s are also starting to experience frame issues as well (922, 926, etc.).

i was told about a week ago by a HSR driver that bus 935 is sitting in the graveyard with a crap ton of parts missing and is retired. can someone confirm this please?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

The remaining buses should enter service within the next 4 weeks. 

The hybrids 0601 and 0602 are included. It was mentioned in an earlier post that 0706 was possibly going to be used as a parts bus but they are fixing it up as well so it should re-enter service.

Buses 0610 and 0615 have some frame issues and may be out of service for a while. Some of the 0900s are also starting to experience frame issues as well (922, 926, etc.).

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Will HSR be able to manage without these buses? I would think it’d be manageable due to the remaining 06/07’s coming back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

i was told about a week ago by a HSR driver that bus 935 is sitting in the graveyard with a crap ton of parts missing and is retired. can someone confirm this please?

 

There is a worldwide parts shortage these days. All industries are affected, even buses. As a result, even if a bus has parts missing, that is not a sign that it is definitely retired. HSR is looking at their options now. Apparently to get artics fixed off property, it would require 6 months from one of the rebuilders. HSR is looking into doing it themselves and think they could do it in 2 months. No decisions have been made on the artics as new artics are not scheduled until 2023 at the earliest. Only 20 40' buses are scheduled to arrive in 2022 at this point.

By the way, "up the hill" at HSR is not just a graveyard. They are so short of parking space at the garage that buses are regularly parked up there. Just because they are up there does not mean they are retired.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

There is a worldwide parts shortage these days. All industries are affected, even buses. As a result, even if a bus has parts missing, that is not a sign that it is definitely retired. HSR is looking at their options now. Apparently to get artics fixed off property, it would require 6 months from one of the rebuilders. HSR is looking into doing it themselves and think they could do it in 2 months. No decisions have been made on the artics as new artics are not scheduled until 2023 at the earliest. Only 20 40' buses are scheduled to arrive in 2022 at this point.

By the way, "up the hill" at HSR is not just a graveyard. They are so short of parking space at the garage that buses are regularly parked up there. Just because they are up there does not mean they are retired.

How long would it take if they were to order new artics sole source? 
I can’t imagine HSR would want to wait between 2 and 6 months for repairs to take place. Is used an option at this point? Especially with the age of the artics. 
Also, does anybody, by chance, have any pictures of 1426? Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JRM1000 said:

How long would it take if they were to order new artics sole source? 
I can’t imagine HSR would want to wait between 2 and 6 months for repairs to take place. Is used an option at this point? Especially with the age of the artics. 
Also, does anybody, by chance, have any pictures of 1426? Thanks 

I got a video of it at MTC last night. Very minor damage done to the bus. Shouldnt be out long

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should probably keep in mind that theres also a driver shortage due to the vaccination situation. If runs are being canceled I'm sure there aren't butts in every driver seat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

0705 is out on the 34 this afternoon, which leaves only 0706 to return to service

3 hours ago, Wonka said:

Should probably keep in mind that theres also a driver shortage due to the vaccination situation. If runs are being canceled I'm sure there aren't butts in every driver seat.

Indeed, although it doesn't look like it has affected the 07s returning 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...