Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

37 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Just a quick question. Since its September now and ive read that HSR might be doing a service expansion and they needed was approval. Does anyone know If HSR got approval?

All of the information is contained in the Fall Bus News which is a little hard to find on the HSR web page. It is linked below:

https://www.hamilton.ca/hsr-bus-schedules-fares/riding-hsr/bus-news

All routes except 3 and 51 will return to pre-Covid schedules with routes 20 and 44 getting expansion vehicles and improved frequencies. Routes 11, 20, 27 and 44 also have routing changes. Route 18 switches to On-Demand effective Tuesday, September 7th.

2 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

All of the information is contained in the Fall Bus News which is a little hard to find on the HSR web page. It is linked below:

https://www.hamilton.ca/hsr-bus-schedules-fares/riding-hsr/bus-news

All routes except 3 and 51 will return to pre-Covid schedules with routes 20 and 44 getting expansion vehicles and improved frequencies. Routes 11, 20, 27 and 44 also have routing changes. Route 18 switches to On-Demand effective Tuesday, September 7th.

Thanks. Someone said a couple months ago that possibly 0601-0602, 0701-0709 could be returning in September. Is there a update on that?

8 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

Thanks. Someone said a couple months ago that possibly 0601-0602, 0701-0709 could be returning in September. Is there a update on that?

All of those buses have been brought out of storage and are now at the Mountain Garage. Some may see service in September but it may be more like January 2022 if route 51 returns to regular service. If 3 and 51 go back to regular service, that is 6 more peak buses and they would definitely need the older buses. For September, they may be able to get by with the existing fleet. Either way, new vehicles are not expected until at least 3rd quarter 2022 so the 0700s should see service at some point.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

I did look at the schedule for the 3 and it looks like it's fully back. 15 at peaks and 30 midday with 20 mins on Saturdays. Am I missing something that there had another frequency increase before covid during a time period?

I am not sure where you are looking at the schedule, but the PDF on the HSR website shows a 20 minute peak frequency. That is the schedule that is being operated now.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Kevin. My eyes made it look like it was 15 minutes, where in fact it was 20 minutes.

It'll be nice to see those other Flyers that came out of storage back in service again.

I'm curious about something. Has the HSR put forward a draft network as part of the MYHSR service review? I seem to notice something in the BUS NEWS which mentioned about draft policies, asking for people's input. Is a new network part of them?

16 hours ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

There is no artics on the Barton today. I thought that artics were going to be permanent on the Barton now. I take it that the Barton will be a 40 foot route with a occasional 60 foot on it

My guess is that there just aren't enough to go around now that the 51 is back in service.

9 hours ago, Wonka said:

My guess is that there just aren't enough to go around now that the 51 is back in service.

But the 51 is only running half service in peak hours, so there should be a few 60-footers to spare.

19 hours ago, Vekoma said:

Look who got to stretch her legs today. Unless they are used as training vehicles on occasion, I would imagine this is its first time out in a few years.

20210921_112631.jpg

It was being used as a training bus. Any bus can be used as a training bus. The only exception, I believe, is the DuPont Trolley’s

3 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

It was being used as a training bus. Any bus can be used as a training bus. The only exception, I believe, is the DuPont Trolley’s

Buses 0601-0602 and 0701-0709 have all been given new licence plates that end in BJ. They are still getting them ready for service but even the new Presto readers have been installed in them which were not in them before. The only possible exception is bus 0706 which might end up being used as a parts bus. The buses should enter service sometime over the next month.

• Like 1