Hybrid0920

Hamilton Street Railway

2 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Not the best picture, but here it is at the garage. The Denso unit, common in Australia and eastern Asia, is being tested.

HSR 1511 - 04AUG20.jpg

Thanks

Honestly if the Danso HVAC unit cant correct the poor A/C circulation inside these Novas, than the problem is more so related to a flaw in the design of the LFS series overall. Carrier HVAC units are pretty damn bad in the LFS, while Thermo King makes good products but even that couldnt correct the issues.

I dont know what Danso units are all about, but i'm curious to see how they perform.

In my opinion, It’s a design flaw. There’s not much lining between the engine and the passenger area which makes the rear of the interior hot. Heat gets into the bus also from the lack of engine ventilation. 

New flyer has way more vents and a better fan system than nova. Maybe nova can design a fan system that is lower and closer to the engine to help the heat escape before it rises into the bus?

I don’t think it’s anything to do with the air conditioning unit, I’ve ridden on 1511 during a hot day with it’s new Denso unit and it didn’t feel any different from the others. 

If the Denso units aren't correcting the heat issues, than it's most definitely a design flaw.

I dont know how much a new fan design will help in this mater, because frankly Nova cramps the engine into such a small compartment (compared to virtually every other bus manufacturer) so it doesnt give much space between the rear of the bus. I guess that's why the back seats always feels like one is always sitting on a sauna. This is where having an extra 1 foot of space really comes in handy on a 40 foot bus design. Orion made ~42 foot long buses, New Flyer ~41 foot.

The thing that irritates me is how NovaBus wouldn't check these poor air flow circulation issues in their product testing. Either they found it and ignored the issue, or just geuninely dont know about it which i highly doubt. Maybe more vents would help, but clearly Nova doesnt seem to care much.

Hi All:

Looking through some old HSR pictures and noticed that the 14xx's CNG Xcelsiors have a plaque/info label to the right of the passenger headlight in between the license plate. Does anyone know what it says, or have a detailed picture?

1 hour ago, ViaRail6440 said:

Hi All:

Looking through some old HSR pictures and noticed that the 14xx's CNG Xcelsiors have a plaque/info label to the right of the passenger headlight in between the license plate. Does anyone know what it says, or have a detailed picture?

Instructions for use of the bike rack. All HSR buses have them installed.

• Like 1