Hamilton Street Railway

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do, as he is a trusted professional in the transit vehicle maintenance field. I agree with him that your post was rather pointless.

Your post is pointless. Then how would you like it if I deleted my account from this website?

I just retired, 30 years service, from MiWay (Feb 28/18).  Now I'm proud to say my son just got hired by HSR.  Starts training on Mar 12.

Posted Images

Also, another thing at I found out a little while ago is that the screen that is next to the farebox is manufactured by Trapeze Group. I'll attach an image to show you what I mean.

Also, two more things. When I said before about the electric engine cooling system, I mean that all of HSR's Xcelsior buses have it. Also, the articulation joints on HSR's articulated buses is the ATG Artic-O-Mat Limbo II 350.

3FC804E4-49A6-4EDC-AE17-4517BA30D11E.jpeg

Edited by HelloWorld
Adding onto this post that I posted.
8 hours ago, HelloWorld said:

Also, another thing at I found out a little while ago is that the screen that is next to the farebox is manufactured by Trapeze Group. I'll attach an image to show you what I mean.

Trapeze Software Group developed the software for the Ranger unit that is in the HSR buses. It is their "Streets" software package. They do not make the unit itself and buy an off the shelf unit made by another company.

1 hour ago, HelloWorld said:

Tonight I saw buses #0813 and #0711 on 4 Bayfront but they turned off of Albright Road instead of going straight down Quigley Road. There are no detours listed on the HSR's website.

Well, something is up, because a Delaware is on Albright right now.

Update: Don't see anything on the Fire Dept. Twitter. Police activity, maybe? It would not be out of place down there.

4 hours ago, Mishap said:

Well, something is up, because a Delaware is on Albright right now.

Update: Don't see anything on the Fire Dept. Twitter. Police activity, maybe? It would not be out of place down there.

There was a person in crisis situation at the building at Quigley and Greenhill. Luckily police were able to get him help and the street reopened around 11pm. 

4 hours ago, HelloWorld said:

I have the service manuals for HSR's New Flyer DE60LFR Buses. If I can, I will post the PDF here. The PDF has both service manuals.

Oops. I accidentally posted it without the PDF. I will post it with this post.

[Untitled].pdf 5.03 MB · 5 downloads

Where’s the rest of it?

service manuals are typically over 1500 pages.

• Thanks 1

Bus_Medic, that's never true. That's the whole PDF. The PDF itself is only 11 pages long. It was sent to me by New Flyer Industries Marketing.

Here's two screenshots that I took from a video that I recorded in Downtown Hamilton near the MacNab Transit Terminal. I forget what street it was on, but it was the street that the 4 Bayfront stops on that's the closest to Jackson Square.

Some Specifications for the HSR Support vehicle in the screenshots:

License Plate: CKRH 276

Fleet Number: 500345

Manufacturer/Model: Nissan Rogue

To the Person who Said they were going to edit the CPTDB Wiki article for HSR's Support Vehicles:

Can you please edit it to include this vehicle?

1E77ED8E-1C54-48C7-87F3-48A70461DDD1.png

7218955F-D9E7-4700-B669-187CD244BF9A.png

27 minutes ago, HelloWorld said:

Bus_Medic, that's never true. That's the whole PDF. The PDF itself is only 11 pages long. It was sent to me by New Flyer Industries Marketing.

Ok, I bit and downloaded it to see what you got.  What you have from New Flyer Industries Marketing is the spec sheets out of the front of the service manual.  That's an 11 page long excerpt giving what the bus's vital statistics are but no service information whatsoever.  1,500 pages plus is about what I'd expect and probably longer if it's a hybrid with multiple propulsion and energy management systems.

You'd better call up Flyer and get them to send you the rest of the manual.

2 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

Ok, I bit and downloaded it to see what you got.  What you have from New Flyer Industries Marketing is the spec sheets out of the front of the service manual.  That's an 11 page long excerpt giving what the bus's vital statistics are but no service information whatsoever.  1,500 pages plus is about what I'd expect and probably longer if it's a hybrid with multiple propulsion and energy management systems.

You'd better call up Flyer and get them to send you the rest of the manual.

Exactly. I couldn’t do shit with that.

Another thing is that when I was taking pictures and videos of bus #1115 yesterday, I noticed something about the yield label on the back of the bus. I'll post a picture to show you what I mean. It was mostly black.

61BC8115-99F9-47CC-AC50-DEAE1F040DA6.jpeg

Also, Wayside Observer, I can't call New Flyer because of 2 reasons. Reason #1 is that I don't have a phone, and reason #2 is that I don't have any cellular device than can do phone calling. Plus, my school iPad is from HWDSB. They blocked calling.

9 hours ago, HelloWorld said:

Another thing is that when I was taking pictures and videos of bus #1115 yesterday, I noticed something about the yield label on the back of the bus. I'll post a picture to show you what I mean. It was mostly black.

61BC8115-99F9-47CC-AC50-DEAE1F040DA6.jpeg

Also, Wayside Observer, I can't call New Flyer because of 2 reasons. Reason #1 is that I don't have a phone, and reason #2 is that I don't have any cellular device than can do phone calling. Plus, my school iPad is from HWDSB. They blocked calling.

Heat discolouration.

And clearly, you contacted flyer before - but nevermind, those manuals cost a lot more than you could afford, and their charity to foamers only goes so far.

10 hours ago, HelloWorld said:

Ah ok.  Actually, the iPad from HWDSB might be a help here.  Wait about a month until late September and then use the HWDSB iPad to get in touch with Flyer using the communications method you used the first time and ask for the full service manual and say it's for a school project.

They might send you some cool swag.  They might even send you a safety vest.

I think it's 0610 and 0616.

With the 'summer service's for weekdays starting on Tuesday, Setember 8th, would the other '06 D40LFs in the 07 series that are in storage would be brought back? And are there going to be any changes to bus allocation come the start if the new board period?

On 8/30/2020 at 11:26 PM, Wonka said:

I was just wondering the other day if any of the '06 artics are still in active service. Good to know that at least 1 is still kickin around.

Both 0610 and 0615 are still around, 0615 was almost retired but was brought back in the last week

On 8/31/2020 at 7:58 AM, HelloWorld said:

newflyerInvero, it's actually buses 0610 and 0615. Bus #0616 was retired in 2016 because of a fire.

Not only was it retired due to a fire, it caught fire again on Red Hill while being towed away after it was sold off.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mishap said:

Not only was it retired due to a fire, it caught fire again on Red Hill while being towed away after it was sold off.

Because the towing company forgot to disable the retarder which caused the seized centre axle to ignite from friction.