Hamilton Street Railway

Well then perhaps looking into more artics is necessary, Because effective September 8th (the first Saturday of the September/fall schedule) we'll have the 1, 10, 25/26, and more 51 buses. That's over 25 artic runs/dispatches all together..... should be interesting...

If they increase service, it doesn't necessarily mean that there is a need for artics. Capacity is being added to the route even if the new runs are 40 ft.

From this years budget presentation to council.

51 University – Weekend/Saturday/Sunday frequency improvements - Planned implementation 02Sep2012

Does this mean that they will be adding service on Sundays?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do, as he is a trusted professional in the transit vehicle maintenance field. I agree with him that your post was rather pointless.

Your post is pointless. Then how would you like it if I deleted my account from this website?

I just retired, 30 years service, from MiWay (Feb 28/18).  Now I'm proud to say my son just got hired by HSR.  Starts training on Mar 12.

Posted Images

scrapper for recent retirees is Waxman Scrap Metals, 4350 Harvester Road, Burlington (south side of Harvester about 1/4 mile west of Appleby). Unfortunately the doomed buses seemed to be jammed in an area right up against the CN Oakville Sub. Another short distance west on Harvester is Attridge's new school bus and coach yard which was previously on Harvester closer to Burloak

Sad to see them the shape they are in

• 2 weeks later...

Dose any one have interior pictures of the DE60LFR

I have an easy suggestion for you:

1. Go to youtube.

2. Type in HSR DE60LFR

3. See what kind of hits you get.

Here, the work is even done for you:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hamilton+DE60LFR&oq=hamilton+DE60LFR&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=12&gs_upl=2288l4379l0l5200l2l2l0l1l0l0l184l184l0.1l1l0

I've seen video I would like a pictures viewing the rear

Please and thank u

What do you want to know about the rear seating? It's 2 rows of 2 facing the front, then 2 inward facing seats over the tire then the 5 seats across the back, like most standard busses...

I've seen video I would like a pictures viewing the rear

Please and thank u

C'mon man, if you're going to be a dick and have a duplicate account, at least ATTEMPT to camoflouage yourself.

This is just insulting our intelligence.

Are the Novas all off property and when are these Onion VI's scheduled to retire?

All Novas are off the property. Some 9900s will be retired when the XD40s arrive but it is not yet known when they will enter service. Why don't we all wait until HSR actually receives some before we start talking retirement? Either way, there will only be some 9900s retired and most will survive this round of retirements.

I had found a note on the http://hsrtransit.blogspot.com that not only would the 1-King be given frequency improvements next month, but something surprising.

56-Conferation Park to be a 7-days-a-week route. There's a Wal-Mart on Centennial which will receive direct HSR service to/from Eastgate Square and Lakeland Loop. With this change, service to Conferation Park will only commence as of Saturday, June 2nd.

I had found a note on the http://hsrtransit.blogspot.com that not only would the 1-King be given frequency improvements next month, but something surprising.

56-Conferation Park to be a 7-days-a-week route. There's a Wal-Mart on Centennial which will receive direct HSR service to/from Eastgate Square and Lakeland Loop. With this change, service to Conferation Park will only commence as of Saturday, June 2nd.

Oh man, I HOPE your right, I know many people that are regulars to the old Eastgate location, that are currently stranded, including employees, Walmart had a shuttle during the construction & setting up of the store for employees, but since it opened its been cancelled, & many friends of mine work there & are cursing the Barton Bus & HSR, everyday.. I have been hoping for HSR to get off their rear, & do this, as if you look, the ridership on King & other routes going into eastgate square will have dropped, (I don't know by how much) once the new Walmart location opened..

With a degrading comment like this, you must have some pretty good inside knowledge on the operation of a transit system, the operational funding required for the system and the capital funding required for additional vehicles.

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a very ignorant post. Some people just don't understand how things work. I guess the HSR was suppost to have a shuttle bus standing by at Eastgate for anyone that wanted to go to the new location :rolleyes: