Hybrid0920

Hamilton Street Railway

kevlo86   

Rode 0706 on the 26 tonight, and it still had a new bus smell...they do sound higher pitched than the 05s, which makes them sound a little louder.

That difference in sound is probably because of the different axle being used by New Flyer in most if not all of its non-Invero low floors. The sound of the new axle is less annoying I find, the older ones can be hard on the ears.

That difference in sound is probably because of the different axle being used by New Flyer in most if not all of its non-Invero low floors. The sound of the new axle is less annoying I find, the older ones can be hard on the ears.

The Invero have the same axles as the current D40LF have to match the width of the bus, however the Invero sounds quiet on the axle though which it may have a similar model.

Nice! HSR got rid of the shit brown seats! Those things were UGLY.

Well, it'll be awhile before all of those seats will be TOTALLY gone, as pretty much every other active bus besides the 0700 series, have the brown seats, including the HF's. Hopefully the DE40's and 60's would have the different seats, too. Confirmation?

Arent the hybrids coming later on this year?

Well, the DE60LFR's are due for arrival in March...not sure of the DE40LF's though :P

Ok, that's it, I AM going to Hamilton this week, I will be taking my Camera, LOL

Thanks OrionVIII

I need to go see my computer provider anyways, and my Mum, so just one more excuse to go, LOL

my best friend is driving a mountain route this board, so I will have to go see her.

Well, there may be ANOTHER excuse to head down Hamilton way ;) ...maybe if lucky enough...an 07 cna appear during a route of choice... :P

so did they do anything to the seating configuration? and is it the same type of seat they've always used but with a different color, or did they change the seat material too?

Well with the seating configuration all being the same as the 02's, 03's, 04's and 05's...it'll allow for two ways to put wheelchairs in. Well, to be specific, only the D40LF's...(04 and 05's) have that option. The 02 and 03 C40LF's I've noticed that only the back door has the ramp equipped there.

Well, it'll be awhile before all of those seats will be TOTALLY gone, as pretty much every other active bus besides the 0700 series, have the brown seats, including the HF's. Hopefully the DE40's and 60's would have the different seats, too. Confirmation?

Well, the DE60LFR's are due for arrival in March...not sure of the DE40LF's though :P

Well, there may be ANOTHER excuse to head down Hamilton way ;) ...maybe if lucky enough...an 07 cna appear during a route of choice... :P

Well with the seating configuration all being the same as the 02's, 03's, 04's and 05's...it'll allow for two ways to put wheelchairs in. Well, to be specific, only the D40LF's...(04 and 05's) have that option. The 02 and 03 C40LF's I've noticed that only the back door has the ramp equipped there.

Yes, the new seats will also be on Hybrid.

The DE40LF will be arriving just after the DE60LFR.

Huh? All NFI LF have rear ramp. The reason why they spec. aisle seating is because of the standing capacity and easier access on wheelchair.

Wonka   

Funny... I got 0520 on the Barton this evening and as I was boarding, I thought to myself "ah, newest bus on the HSR fleet". Little did I know, I was wrong :D

I like the new seats. Kind of disappointed that there are no other changes. Bring on the DE60LF's!

So if I saw in the picture correctly, the newest D40LFs are equipped with two wheelchair ramps? One in the front and one in the rear?

I would think that in the rear, it would be a pain to ensure no one is standing on the ramp everytime you are about to activate it. Is there a light that lights up? Or does the driver ask that everyone stay off the ramp?

The driver has to go to the back door to operate it. Ont he pole forward of the door, there are two toggle switches--one to kneel the rear door and one to deploy the ramp.

So if I saw in the picture correctly, the newest D40LFs are equipped with two wheelchair ramps? One in the front and one in the rear?

I would think that in the rear, it would be a pain to ensure no one is standing on the ramp everytime you are about to activate it. Is there a light that lights up? Or does the driver ask that everyone stay off the ramp?

On the drivers side for two wheelchair placement. I only see one and they go to the nearest.

Yes, all NFI buses and Orion VI have both wheelchair ramps, they never use the front ramps. The LFS however only have rear telescoptic ramp while the front have narrow doors with an extra front seat.

If the driver sees a wheelchair on the street getting ready to board, he will park and put the bus in gear neutral, then he activate the rear ramp control from the drivers side control area (so no one is going to play the control at the back). Walks to the rear, telling passengers to move to another seats when folding seats up, kneeling the sideways of the bus, deploy the ramp and have that mobility wheelchair to come in and parks into place. The he stow the ramp and lifting the kneeing bus up and proceed to go.

Well, was in Hamilton today and rode a couple of 07. The ZF transmission now have a program shift sound, very nice to my musical ears! :(

As of the new Hamilton seats, nice but uncomfortable as it's hard as a rock. Reminds me of YRT Orion VI.

MT0603   

I prefer the sound of the older axles NFI was using or what MT ordered in their 03XXs and 05XXs. The sound of the Meritor rear axles in MT's 06XXs hurt my ears.

I prefer the sound of the older axles NFI was using or what MT ordered in their 03XXs and 05XXs. The sound of the Meritor rear axles in MT's 06XXs hurt my ears.

MT does not have Meritor, they have MAN axle.

Well, was in Hamilton today and rode a couple of 07. The ZF transmission now have a program shift sound, very nice to my musical ears! :(

As of the new Hamilton seats, nice but uncomfortable as it's hard as a rock. Reminds me of YRT Orion VI.

The seats look sharp and remind me of the seating that OC D60LF's have but their seats are quite comfortable. It seems commonplace nowadays that most of the new seating is hard on the butt though.

Aztek985   

I rode a couple 07XX buses today. They are MUCH nicer and cleaner in my opinion. The new bus smell is fading fast. The seats look much nicer, while not as comfy, I believe style overrules comfort in this situation. I love the sound of the engine, and I took a 7 minute sound clip of it. Overall these buses are very nice.

The seats look sharp and remind me of the seating that OC D60LF's have but their seats are quite comfortable. It seems commonplace nowadays that most of the new seating is hard on the butt though.

If HSR continues to buy the brown vinyl with padding, I would feel more comfortable.

you know after looking at those pictures of 0704 i think i learned if i ever lived in Canada and i wanted to get a picture of a new bus i better hurry because it seems like that get dirty fast!!

you know after looking at those pictures of 0704 i think i learned if i ever lived in Canada and i wanted to get a picture of a new bus i better hurry because it seems like that get dirty fast!!

Bring on the vandels!

Can someone get a pic of 0720? it is on 25/26 today. when i saw it this morning, it was really shiny! i think it just came out this morning! (i saw it at 8 am. i dont know how dirty it is now.. since todays flurrries... <_<

is hsr still putting out 0701-0722 or did they get more? usually they buy 15-20-25 busses... not 22.

Can someone get a pic of 0720? it is on 25/26 today. when i saw it this morning, it was really shiny! i think it just came out this morning! (i saw it at 8 am. i dont know how dirty it is now.. since todays flurrries... <_<

is hsr still putting out 0701-0722 or did they get more? usually they buy 15-20-25 busses... not 22.

No, it's all about how much buses they need for their requirement on replacement.

Wonka   

Yah, little of these orders are for additional service... just replacements.

I got my first '07 yesterday, 0705 on the Barton. I must agree the engine tune is very nice. The blue seats are awesome as well. Pity the bus was ALREADY tagged all to hell. The entire back portion was all tagged up. Those damn vandals. Bus is not even a month old.

Yah, little of these orders are for additional service... just replacements.

I got my first '07 yesterday, 0705 on the Barton. I must agree the engine tune is very nice. The blue seats are awesome as well. Pity the bus was ALREADY tagged all to hell. The entire back portion was all tagged up. Those damn vandals. Bus is not even a month old.

The engine tune has nothing to do with the sound, it's the transmission.

Well, even Oakville D40LFR when new have already tagged with graffiti. A rich small town with bad riders!

The New Flyer DE60LFR buses are supposed to be delivered sometime during the week of March 5th, 2007 with the DE40LF buses to follow shortly thereafter. All of the hybrids should be delivered by the end of March.

The fleet numbers for the artics will be 0610-0616 while the 40' hybrids will be 0601-0605. This is the reverse of what I had reported earlier. I apologize for the earlier mistake.

The 40' hybrids will actually be delivered without the words "low floor low floor low floor" on the side of the buses. HSR has used this wording ever since the 9600 series to allow the public to differentiate between a low and high floor bus. Now that the fleet is getting close to the 100% low floor (just over 90% once the hybrids have entered service), it was felt kind of redundant to have the wording on the side.

Apparently, the yellow and blue stripes look really good now that they are continued all the way along the sides.

Kevin N

Felix   
The New Flyer DE60LFR buses are supposed to be delivered sometime during the week of March 5th, 2007 with the DE40LF buses to follow shortly thereafter. All of the hybrids should be delivered by the end of March.

The fleet numbers for the artics will be 0610-0616 while the 40' hybrids will be 0601-0605. This is the reverse of what I had reported earlier. I apologize for the earlier mistake.

The 40' hybrids will actually be delivered without the words "low floor low floor low floor" on the side of the buses. HSR has used this wording ever since the 9600 series to allow the public to differentiate between a low and high floor bus. Now that the fleet is getting close to the 100% low floor (just over 90% once the hybrids have entered service), it was felt kind of redundant to have the wording on the side.

Apparently, the yellow and blue stripes look really good now that they are continued all the way along the sides.

Kevin N

Judging by this, I would assume the GM Artics will be out the door by the end of March at the latest? I hope I am able to ride one during the March Break. :huh:

Kit Kat   

Judging by this, I would assume the GM Artics will be out the door by the end of March at the latest? I hope I am able to ride one during the March Break. :)

will they even be on the road for March Break? if school is out then they will not need them for that week.

The GM Artics, knowing Hamilton, will not be in service during March Break. Tough break.

The GM artics are used on the University route in the AM peak period and on the St. Thomas More school extras in the PM peak period. The high school extras will obviously be cancelled during March break, but the University is still in session so there should be a good chance of seeing them during the morning peak period only.

Kevin