Hybrid0920

Hamilton Street Railway

Question.

Are they in the process of installing cameras as of yet? The reason I am asking is because I heard by the end of 2017 all buses will have CCTV cameras installed. Also, the whole 0800 series has not been assigned, save for a few, in almost 2 weeks. I know the summer levels are lower, and they usually park some buses, but the 08's?

2 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

Question.

Are they in the process of installing cameras as of yet? The reason I am asking is because I heard by the end of 2017 all buses will have CCTV cameras installed. Also, the whole 0800 series has not been assigned, save for a few, in almost 2 weeks. I know the summer levels are lower, and they usually park some buses, but the 08's?

0701 was the first bus I spotted with a set of cameras on the bus. Although I only got a look on the driver side, it featured a camera pod on the left front corner of the roofline in front of the fleet number. I think the 0800s are parked because they're next to get them.

Also, there are some of the 1100/1200 XD40s up on the hill at MRTC for the summer. There are a select few that will be on the road during the summer board period.

3 hours ago, Chris W said:

Also, there are some of the 1100/1200 XD40s up on the hill at MRTC for the summer. There are a select few that will be on the road during the summer board period.

The HSR is rotating series of buses to be parked for the summer and switching them every 2-3 weeks. The XD40 buses are no longer parked up the hill and the majority have re-entered service. Past experience has shown that when buses are parked for 10 weeks (like in past summers), it takes a lot of preparation to get them ready for service. A lot of problems are encountered when the buses sit for extended periods. To avoid this, they are just rotating them.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Seashore_518203 said:

A lot of problems are encountered when the buses sit for extended periods.

It's called Monday Morning Disease. It's a term carried over from the horse and buggy days.

• Like 1

I haven't been on HSR as often as previously, but I have been noticing those ugly blue "HSR ROUTE" anti-graffiti window coverings removed from the majority of their buses. Thank goodness they're gone!

• Like 1

On 2017-07-17 at 5:57 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

The HSR is rotating series of buses to be parked for the summer and switching them every 2-3 weeks. The XD40 buses are no longer parked up the hill and the majority have re-entered service. Past experience has shown that when buses are parked for 10 weeks (like in past summers), it takes a lot of preparation to get them ready for service. A lot of problems are encountered when the buses sit for extended periods. To avoid this, they are just rotating them.

Does this include the Nova's? 

2 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

Does this include the Nova's? 

No, not as far as I heard. They want to keep the Novas out as long as possible due to cheaper fuel cost and warranty. 

2 hours ago, Hybrid0920 said:

No, not as far as I heard. They want to keep the Novas out as long as possible due to cheaper fuel cost and warranty. 

That makes sense. 

This terrible sideways photo of the cameras on 1503 is the best I can do. Took me a few days to figure out how to even upload it. Anyway one on the windshield facing ahead, one above it facing back, another one in the middle and one at the back left corner. D40LF's that I've seen with cameras have the same layout minus the windshield camera. No idea if any of them are activated yet.

2houupt.jpg

Just found ex-hsr D40LF 0518 parked behind a building in mississauga. The interior has been heavily modified.

20170728_121317.jpg

20170728_121338.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Where in Mississauga?

It was beside a store called purba furniture on derry road west of airport road. You can easily see it if you are driving west on derry road.

I would assume that bus is being modified to become a party bus given that they have other buses and limos parked on the other side of the building.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2017 at 7:55 PM, noahrp24 said:

I would assume that bus is being modified to become a party bus given that they have other buses and limos parked on the other side of the building.

Looks like it

Is it possible to get a running tally on buses with cameras?

I know 1503 and 710 have them, but I'm not sure of others. Also, I've been told they haven't been activated yet because not all buses have them. 

Have a great day, guys. 

5 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Wow, it is the super rare "New Flyer Orion" bus !! I would hesitate buying a product from a seller who does not even know what he is selling.

I have seen worse, along the lines of "New Nova Flyer", LOL!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Wow, it is the super rare "New Flyer Orion" bus !! I would hesitate buying a product from a seller who does not even know what he is selling.

But it's in "excallant" condition!

And, fittingly, it has been viewed 505 times so far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently on bus 1611. It has a Stop Requested sign below the AA in the front. Did the Nova's always have this, or is this a new addition? I've never noticed it before. 

On 8/9/2017 at 11:08 AM, JRM1000 said:

Currently on bus 1611. It has a Stop Requested sign below the AA in the front. Did the Nova's always have this, or is this a new addition? I've never noticed it before. 

Pretty sure they're all like that. There's another stop request sign in the middle facing the rear as well.

VBL Bus Lines has purchased an ex DARTS ARBOC for use on the Glanbrook TransCab. The bus is numbered 204, meaning bus 202 (the white Federal Coach) will be used as the backup bus.

• Like 1

Bus 1524 has new added vents on the exterior of the bus. (Left side rear) Also the engine door fan cover has been changed for one with more larger holes in it. 

• Thanks 1