Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

19 minutes ago, Darren1984 said:

Are any other 1600 Novas on the property waiting to go into service?  I guess this is fairwell to the 0300's.

Are the 0400's now dedicated to extra service?

There are still 0300's in service. Read up a few pages. There are 1600's still waiting to go into service.

On another note, 0311 is one of the ones of the 12 not listed there. I saw it on the 41 just now 

• Like 1

On December 2, 2007 at 0:23 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

HSR is testing the interior LED's to determine whether or not to install the new interior lights on the next order of new buses. The LED's supposedly have a shelf life of 12 years, which is now the life of a new bus meaning that they theoretically would not have to be replaced. The LED's cost more originally, but last longer and do not have the environmental disposal issues that the compact flourescent tubes have.

The number still has not been finalized, but right now it looks like HSR may be joining the Ontario consortium for 2008. This would obviously mean D40LF buses which could be delivered as early as April 2008. The number that I have heard mentioned most often is 22, which would be 17 replacement and 5 expansion. The number has not been confirmed yet but should be soon.

As for the Federal transit money, no decision has been made yet on additional artics.

Kevin

It's interesting that 0708's demo interior LED's still work perfectly since 2007 but almost every other bus had to have them replaced.

On 10/09/2016 at 6:21 AM, Hybrid0920 said:

So it's 301, 302, 305, 306, 307, 311, 315, 316, 318, 319, 320. I'm not sure of the other one to make 12.

(I believe the last 03 is 0309 but it's unconfirmed)

The 12 0300s that are still in service are 0301, 02, 06, 07, 09, 11, 12, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20.

Buses 0303, 05, 08, 10, 13, 14 were retired previously.

Buses 0304 and 0317 were buses that were still on the road at the end of June but their MTO inspections expired during the summer and they were not renewed. They are the first two of the second retirements of the 0300 series.

• Like 1

What conditions for the 0300's had to be met for them to continue on in service?  I know them and the otber CNG New Flyers were very expensive to maintain which I'm thinking is why they are being replaced so early.    Older busses were kept for so much longer in the past.  

Other than air-conditioners has there been any maintenance issues with the Novas or the 60 foot CNG busses?

On 9/11/2016 at 1:20 PM, 900 Highway 2 said:

Metrolinx needs to update their list on what agencies are getting 60 foots, it says that St.Cathrines, Durham, and Hamilton are. Don't know what's going on for Durham in terms of if we are or aren't getting them, Metrolinx and Nova says we are but Durham says we aren't. As for hamilton I'm curious, was it originally in the plans to have artics as part of the consortium?

I have the link here for further clarification. Yes, something was probably amiss with Metrolinx assuming that they were participating in teh 60 foot procurement whereas in actuality that they're only participating in the 40 foot procurement.

http://www.metrolinx.com/en/projectsandprograms/tpi/tpi_current.aspx

On 9/14/2016 at 1:35 AM, Darren1984 said:

What conditions for the 0300's had to be met for them to continue on in service?  I know them and the otber CNG New Flyers were very expensive to maintain which I'm thinking is why they are being replaced so early.    Older busses were kept for so much longer in the past.  

Other than air-conditioners has there been any maintenance issues with the Novas or the 60 foot CNG busses?

I think the main problem with keeping any of the buses due to be retired has nothing to do with their condition but more to do with the fact that the HSR just doesn't have the physical space to keep them, as more of the new buses would then become expansion buses. I'd imagine that right now every 1600 series Nova that goes onto the road can only do so once an 0300 or 0400 bus is taken off. Basically every bus that is kept past retirement right now will become an expansion bus, for which there is neither the room nor the money to hire a driver to operate it.

1614 is in service and 307 is out on an all day run on the 27/35. Also, 320 is out on the 5 and 319 is being shown on the 10, but that particular block is also showing 1431.

EDIT: 307 has been changed off for 615

EDIT2: 320 has been changed off for  1505

Does anybody know why they assigned 0300's only to have to change them off? Was it an error? Short buses this morning?

Bus 320 is out on a regular run, again. It is on the 1. If it is not changed off it will be out until about 9:40pm. Also, they seem to have changed the emergency transfers. Now they show the date printed right on the transfer and it looks as though they are colour coded for every day of the week. 

14 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

Bus 320 is out on a regular run, again. It is on the 1. If it is not changed off it will be out until about 9:40pm. Also, they seem to have changed the emergency transfers. Now they show the date printed right on the transfer and it looks as though they are colour coded for every day of the week. 

Bus 320 was a donor bus for 1614. Obviously during the process of changing the Ranger, a vehicle ID did not get changed and the system now thinks that it is 320.

It is bus 1614 you are seeing. Bus 0307 is most likely 1613.

9 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Bus 320 was a donor bus for 1614. Obviously during the process of changing the Ranger, a vehicle ID did not get changed and the system now thinks that it is 320.

It is bus 1614 you are seeing. Bus 0307 is most likely 1613.

Ah, I see. I did notice it got changed off and 1426 was put on that run on the 1 yesterday. That would also explain why 1614 was in service but nothing showing up in the system.

Does anybody know the # of the D40LF waiting for parts? Also, what is up with 1429? I have seen it being driven by mechanics, but I haven't see it in service in about a month or so. 

Have they thought about replacing the Arboc's? I see that 1021 is MIA as well. 

7 hours ago, Hybrid0920 said:

My source told me it's 0301, 0307, 0311, 0316, 0319 left. 

There's a bunch of C40LF's on the hill for quite a while, they could be adding to the pile. Which scrap yard does HSR send their buses to?

That;s correct. After that they will be taking the worst of the 04/05's off the road. I believe there is already one 0400 that has been retired or it is awaiting parts. I believe it is 412, but don't quote me on that as I have not heard anything concrete. I am not saying it's retired. It could just be waiting for parts.

6 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

Does anybody know the # of the D40LF waiting for parts? Also, what is up with 1429? I have seen it being driven by mechanics, but I haven't see it in service in about a month or so. 

Have they thought about replacing the Arboc's? I see that 1021 is MIA as well. 

That;s correct. After that they will be taking the worst of the 04/05's off the road. I believe there is already one 0400 that has been retired or it is awaiting parts. I believe it is 412, but don't quote me on that as I have not heard anything concrete. I am not saying it's retired. It could just be waiting for parts.

AFAIK 1429 is in heavy repair up on a hoist for the past few weeks. Also, I did hear the bus on the hill is 0412 as well.