Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

He was a funny driver. Saw his bus pull up to the train tracks near Gage once. He got out and put a coin on the tracks before the train came, then retrieved it after it went over it, smiling like a kid. I never spoke to him but he seemed like a nice person. Very sad.

I always used to see him jogging on Concession. I always wondered if he lived in the area. He was a regular face on King, but I mostly saw him on Saturdays. I was saddened by this news. I was hoping he would be found alive.

On a side note, does anybody know how long he had been a driver for? I'm just curious

As of 9:25 this morning, this is what is coming up on the HSR real time map.

1 KING- 1421,1426,1431,1434

11 PARKDALE- 1437

25/26 UP.WENT/WELL- 1422,1435

27 UP JAMES- 1423

Interesting note is the 11 has all articulated buses assigned to it, i'm guessing for the Ribfest in Burlington.

Just a reminder to everybody here that today, Sept. 5, 2015, is the official last day of use of the Mountain Brow bus loop for the 21 UPPER KENILWORTH, with it's final stop scheduled for 1:25AM.

Effective tomorrow, the 21 will be expanded to take passengers out to Heritage Greene, finally connecting Upper Stoney Creek to Downtown directly.

And providing a safer transit option for those who live in Hamilton Mountain North.

=)

It was an oversight by New Flyer. HSR has informed them of this (we noticed it two months ago) and NFI will be giving us sufficient credit. At this point, it will not be replaced.

Fair enough.

There have been many situations, however, where properties have ordered different types of signs for different locations on the vehicles, so it certainly within the realm of possibility that HSR may have ordered their units that way. Which is why I asked the question - I wasn't going to assume that they had ordered the same type of sign for all three locations.

Dan

Not the greatest shot, but I caught it after it was leaving!

It was an oversight by New Flyer. HSR has informed them of this (we noticed it two months ago) and NFI will be giving us sufficient credit. At this point, it will not be replaced.

odd enough, rear sign in orange LED while the front sign in white LED, not the best combination for sure but from passenger's perspective, who cares.........a sign is a sign at the end of the day which is fineeeeeee.