Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

5 hours ago, Leapster10 said:

By the way, why were the DE41LF's retired? 0602 was dead already, but 0601? Last time I saw it, it was in pretty decent condition. Plus, wouldn't the 07's be more suitable for retirement? They're around 16 now.

As mentioned in previous threads, the 5 retirements due to the new buses were 0601, 0602, 0705, 0722, 0821. All buses have been removed from property and have been auctioned off by Bryan's Auctions on Highway 6.

Hybrids 0601 and 0602 being hybrids, most likely had battery issues and it would not make sense to repair them at this point. Even thought the 0700s are older, they are better suited to stay around for another few months. As for 0610 and 0615, it is assumed they have battery issues as well and most likely will not return to service, even though they will not officially be retired until replacement buses arrive in Spring 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Leapster10 said:

Does anybody know why Hamilton chose the articulateds to have a new livery? Also, why not carry it over to the 40 footers?

When the first artics entered service, the livery was chosen in a contest. That occurred in late 2006/early 2007.

Additionally, it was being branded as the "B-Line " Livery and that they'd only be on that route. 

I don't know when that changed, but when the 08s came in,  the restriction of sorts to the 10  was changed and they were found on the 1 as well as the 25/26 as well as I think the 27/35 and/or the 5A/5C. I could be wrong of the latter.

But overall, I feel as if that livery is fir the artics. I'm not certain if that would change or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newflyerinvero said:

When the first artics entered service, the livery was chosen in a contest. That occurred in late 2006/early 2007.

Additionally, it was being branded as the "B-Line " Livery and that they'd only be on that route. 

I don't know when that changed, but when the 08s came in,  the restriction of sorts to the 10  was changed and they were found on the 1 as well as the 25/26 as well as I think the 27/35 and/or the 5A/5C. I could be wrong of the latter.

But overall, I feel as if that livery is fir the artics. I'm not certain if that would change or not.

Alright, thanks for the information.

Thank you guys for making me feel welcome as a new user!

On 9/3/2022 at 10:18 PM, newflyerinvero said:

it was being branded as the "B-Line " Livery and that they'd only be on that route. 

The artics were definitely being used on King back in '07, pretty much as soon as they entered service. Mind you, it was mainly on weekends, when there was no B-Line, but they were never really completely exclusive to B-Line.

Yeah, I remember that. At the beginning they were used exclusively on the B-Line, University and King on weekends but after a few years they started to make their way over to the 25/26 and 27. Now they pretty much go wherever they're needed so I guess the paint scheme doesn't really mean anything beyond only being on artics. When the 2008 D40LF's were first delivered, the first couple of them had gold paint instead of yellow but they dropped that idea before the rest of the order was even delivered and the gold ones were repainted. I doubt they'd be interested in changing things up at this point, at least until the LRT is running though I'd imagine it'll have its own Metrolinx paint job unless the HSR ends up operating it.

1 hour ago, Wonka said:

Yeah, I remember that. At the beginning they were used exclusively on the B-Line, University and King on weekends but after a few years they started to make their way over to the 25/26 and 27. Now they pretty much go wherever they're needed so I guess the paint scheme doesn't really mean anything beyond only being on artics. When the 2008 D40LF's were first delivered, the first couple of them had gold paint instead of yellow but they dropped that idea before the rest of the order was even delivered and the gold ones were repainted. I doubt they'd be interested in changing things up at this point, at least until the LRT is running though I'd imagine it'll have its own Metrolinx paint job unless the HSR ends up operating it.

I could've sworn I saw 1427 on the 12 once idk ?

44 minutes ago, Leapster10 said:

I could've sworn I saw 1427 on the 12 once idk ?

I think you're right. It was probably the closest available replacement bus, and not enough run time left to bring in anything smaller.
Now if we could just see a slinky on 6/7/8 some day...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Buses 2108, 10, 11, 12 and 14 have been plated and cleared for service. They should enter service this afternoon.

EDIT: Here is an update.  2114 will be on route 43; 2110 and 2112 will be on route 20; 2108 will be on route 10/55/58.

Shall anybody be going to ride them? I'm busy.

• 2 weeks later...