Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

12 minutes ago, JRM1000 said:

I’ve been told 701-709 are, in fact retired along with possibly 715, 718 and 721. 

I have been told that the only confirmed retirements at this point are 0611-0614 and 0603 for a total of 5 buses.

With 17 new bus deliveries, all of which were replacement, 12 other buses have been placed in storage and are not officially retired at this point. While the equipment has been taken off the buses for installation in the new buses, the possibility remains that new equipment could be installed in the buses, if needed. HSR is concerned about the spare ratio for the fall, as there will be up to 10 peak buses added with the service expansion that will be occurring. The buses in storage, currently at the 330 Wentworth Street garage, will not be used for parts at this point, just in case any need to be brought back. The storage buses are 0520, 0601, 0602, 0701-0709.

• Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

I have been told that the only confirmed retirements at this point are 0611-0614 and 0603 for a total of 5 buses.

With 17 new bus deliveries, all of which were replacement, 12 other buses have been placed in storage and are not officially retired at this point. While the equipment has been taken off the buses for installation in the new buses, the possibility remains that new equipment could be installed in the buses, if needed. HSR is concerned about the spare ratio for the fall, as there will be up to 10 peak buses added with the service expansion that will be occurring. The buses in storage, currently at the 330 Wentworth Street garage, will not be used for parts at this point, just in case any need to be brought back. The storage buses are 0520, 0601, 0602, 0701-0709.

Wow...ok. It seems we have conflicting information. I’ll see what I can get. It’s smart on their part to finally be keeping spare buses. 

Also, I shouldn’t have said retired. I should hand said withdrawn from service, as, like you stated, they’re not being used for parts at this time. 

• Root Admin
17 minutes ago, JRM1000 said:

Wow...ok. It seems we have conflicting information. I’ll see what I can get. It’s smart on their part to finally be keeping spare buses. 

Also, I shouldn’t have said retired. I should hand said withdrawn from service, as, like you stated, they’re not being used for parts at this time. 

You and your information are very unreliable. No one including myself should believe anything you say on this board going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted artic 1434 on the Bline with a Telus ad on it. The artics were supposed to remain ad free, seems those days could be over unless this is just an anomaly. This is the first time I've seen an ad on an artic so im not sure if other are wrapped as well.

1 minute ago, Vekoma said:

Spotted artic 1434 on the Bline with a Telus ad on it. The artics were supposed to remain ad free, seems those days could be over unless this is just an anomaly. This is the first time I've seen an ad on an artic so im not sure if other are wrapped as well.

They were suppose to be ad free? I'm pretty sure all their buses are available for advertising.

2 hours ago, Vekoma said:

There are a few artics that have advertising on it. 0615, one of the 900s and a couple of the 1400s have it on the driver side of the trailer section.

6 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

They were suppose to be ad free? I'm pretty sure all their buses are available for advertising.

When the new paint scheme was introduced on the artics back in early 2007, it was part of the express route rebranding. It was decided not to put any advertising on them at the time. This policy has remained in place since that time even though the fleet expanded and artics are used on all routes, not just express.

The advertising company has asked for many years to wrap an artic or put ads on it. HSR has declined but finally recently gave in. I just hope that they do not do all the buses as I still like seeing a few ad free vehicles.

2 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

The advertising company has asked for many years to wrap an artic or put ads on it. HSR has declined but finally recently gave in. I just hope that they do not do all the buses as I still like seeing a few ad free vehicles.

Maybe they can do a neater job of it. 1426, for example, has an ad that partially covers the HSR logo. It just looks sloppy. Either leave the logo exposed or cover the whole thing. 

On 8/9/2019 at 8:55 PM, soo8513 said:

Have never noticed that on 0610-, 920-. 1420-classes.  Thoughts?

Really? I remember when I was attending Mohawk back in 2013 I used the 35 up the mountain all the time, the 09 artics struggled sooo much with the West 5th access. There were a few times the artic would slow to like 10-15 km/h with the engine roaring. I haven't ridden anything up the west 5th access since then but in MY experience all the artics struggled with that one. Maybe the 06 artics handled it slightly better but I can't remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vekoma said:

Really? I remember when I was attending Mohawk back in 2013 I used the 35 up the mountain all the time, the 09 artics struggled sooo much with the West 5th access. There were a few times the artic would slow to like 10-15 km/h with the engine roaring. I haven't ridden anything up the west 5th access since then but in MY experience all the artics struggled with that one. Maybe the 06 artics handled it slightly better but I can't remember.

Agree with you on that one, that is still the case today. I'd would even go as far to say that all buses have a tough time getting up there unless they're running nearly empty.

4 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

HSR 0913 apparently caught on fire. 

Credit to the IG account in the screenshot.

Screenshot_20190820-215948_Instagram.jpg

It was doing a 41 Mohawk at the time. Judging by the location, that's west on Mohawk towards Upper James.

I'm not sure the state of it so I can't say for certain if it can be repaired. I've seen buses come back from worse.

• Like 1

The only vehicle fire around that time.

HamOnt Fire Dept @HFD_Incidents·Aug 17

NEW | F19029979 | VEHICLE FIRE | Loc: HAM @ UPPER WENTWORTH ST/KINGFISHER DR | Units: E2 | 08/17/19 15:26

Plus a few minutes latter.

UPDATE | F19029979 | Units: E2, L4

1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

The only vehicle fire around that time.

NEW | F19029979 | VEHICLE FIRE | Loc: HAM @ UPPER WENTWORTH ST/KINGFISHER DR | Units: E2 | 08/17/19 15:26

Plus a few minutes latter.

UPDATE | F19029979 | Units: E2, L4

This looks like it was 0913, as it was scheduled to be passing upper wentworth/kingfisher around that time.