Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, 7520 said:

Just saw one of the HSR Vicinity buses westbound QEW between Bronte & Burloak broken down on the shoulder. No numbers... not sure what happened. 

Not broken down, just ran out of fuel. It was delivered later in the day.

Dan

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Nova artics are actually a pleasure to drive. But I don't think they make CNG vehicles. 

Cool story. We're talking about whether or not New Flyer Articulated buses have been ordered, not if Nova Buses makes CNG buses and if they are a pleasure to drive.

4 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

To confirm, 11 New Flyer XN60 buses have been ordered for early 2019 delivery. These buses will replace all of the remaining 0600 artics (6 units) as well as 5 40' buses to be determined.

If these are going to be replacing some 40 foot buses aswell, where would we most likely see them used? 5C? 

Its good to see the HSR making more of an attempt to shift the 60 footers to overloaded routes than they have in the past. 

In other news, the HSR is currently testing an electric-battery powered Excelsior bus. Someone on SSP got 2 photos of it at Macnab terminal, so I'll just link to that since they're not my photos to share.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2018 at 12:22 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

To confirm, 11 New Flyer XN60 buses have been ordered for early 2019 delivery. These buses will replace all of the remaining 0600 artics (6 units) as well as 5 40' buses to be determined.

So does that mean that 616 is already considered replaced by a Nova?

On 11/25/2018 at 6:31 PM, lip said:

Cool story. We're talking about whether or not New Flyer Articulated buses have been ordered, not if Nova Buses makes CNG buses and if they are a pleasure to drive.

I mention this because if the city will not order anymore diesel buses then obviously all new artics would be made by NFI.

56 minutes ago, Tom1122 said:

Any chance the battery bus will be in service two weeks from now? Where's the best place to find it?

It won't be in service at all, its just a demonstrator unit for testing purposes. I doubt it'll still be around in 2 weeks, might already even be gone. The results of the testing will have to go to council and then they'll have to vote on funding for purchase (if the HSR even decides to go down that route after testing and considering other manufacturers) so that wouldn't happen until at least late 2019/early 2020.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wonka said:

It won't be in service at all, its just a demonstrator unit for testing purposes. I doubt it'll still be around in 2 weeks, might already even be gone. The results of the testing will have to go to council and then they'll have to vote on funding for purchase (if the HSR even decides to go down that route after testing and considering other manufacturers) so that wouldn't happen until at least late 2019/early 2020.

As per a previous Council report, HSR is committed to CNG until 2020. An electric bus purchase will not happen until at least 2021 and possibly longer, depending on the results.

The XE35 will be at HSR until Thursday of this week. The Training Department is simulating revenue service with the vehicle and they do 1 or 2 trips on a route. No schedule has been set, so it is hit and miss in terms of tracking it down.

The Vicinity buses are in the process of getting all the required hardware installed (farebox, AVL, Ranger, etc.). They should be in service by mid to late December.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2