Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

11 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

Could be. I was going based on what I was told by fleet management. 

I also heard a rumour the order was enlarged to 40 buses instead of 30. Maybe 20 x 1700 and 20 x 1800? Maybe Seashore would be able to clarify. I know he mentioned 30, but could numbers have changed since then?

14 hours ago, Hybrid0920 said:

I also heard a rumour the order was enlarged to 40 buses instead of 30. Maybe 20 x 1700 and 20 x 1800? Maybe Seashore would be able to clarify. I know he mentioned 30, but could numbers have changed since then?

I’m still only hearing 30, so I’m unsure. 

The 2018 budget calls for 18 replacement buses this year. It has been approved by the General Issues Committee and is the last vote before it goes to the whole council. Any buses being delivered are from 2016 and 2017 money. Large purchased items by police, fire, public works, transit etc, never get ordered until they are approved by council.

On 16/03/2018 at 10:14 PM, Hybrid0920 said:

The order is only for 30. My initial posting of the split is wrong and it will be 19/11 (1701-1719, 1801-1811). Bus 1719 has not been delivered at this point and will be the last bus to be received in this order. All others are already on the property.

I was waiting on that confirmation from fleet. I’ve also been told the Vicinity’s will be numbered in the 1700’s. 

Any word on how they’re coming along with the installation of the equipment? I had heard 6 weeks or so the first ones should be hitting the road. 

4 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

I was waiting on that confirmation from fleet. I’ve also been told the Vicinity’s will be numbered in the 1700’s. 

Any word on how they’re coming along with the installation of the equipment? I had heard 6 weeks or so the first ones should be hitting the road. 

I have a strong feeling the first batch of 5 will be numbered 1720-1724 and the second batch of 6 be numbered 1820-1825. I’m just speculating here, but it doesn’t seem unreasonable considering the Arbocs being 1020-1024. 

Also, the 1700/1800 buses come with no engine door fan (vent in rear door), the fan has been moved to the driver side. Can be seen on buses 1618-25 ish as well, as they are retrofitted.  (Door vent remains, but fan has been moved)

Also my source told me that the new buses have USB charge ports through out the bus, even the front wheel well with the window seat has one. 

Lastly, interior advertisements can now be placed on both sides of the bus interior. Similar to the recent TTC novas. 

1 hour ago, Hybrid0920 said:

I have a strong feeling the first batch of 5 will be numbered 1720-1724 and the second batch of 6 be numbered 1820-1825. I’m just speculating here, but it doesn’t seem unreasonable considering the Arbocs being 1020-1024. 

Also, the 1700/1800 buses come with no engine door fan (vent in rear door), the fan has been moved to the driver side. Can be seen on buses 1618-25 ish as well, as they are retrofitted.  (Door vent remains, but fan has been moved)

Also my source told me that the new buses have USB charge ports through out the bus, even the front wheel well with the window seat has one. 

Lastly, interior advertisements can now be placed on both sides of the bus interior. Similar to the recent TTC novas. 

They’ll have the A/C retrofit as well and no more facing seats. 

7 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Are there any details on what the HSR plans to do in terms of improving some of their routes based on the 10% increase in the transit budget? Thus far my searches have turned up nothing.

Kind of hope they will increase frequency of buses on the 52 to Dundas in the afternoon. Consistently overcrowded from McMaster to about Governors. 

I have heard that as part of service changes this year the 8 and 18 are being changed. The existing route of the 8 from Jackson square will extend out to the Aldershot GO station and then continue as the 18 but it will only operate on the counterclockwise routing and will be reduced from 20-minute service to 30-minute service. Other changes are apparently going to be year round 51 service and 7 days a week B-line service. Other changes rumored are going to be improvements to schedules in Stoney Creek, and improvements to service through Ancaster and Dundas. All of these improvements are pending the hiring of more drivers of course

10 minutes ago, Brian451 said:

I have heard that as part of service changes this year the 8 and 18 are being changed. The existing route of the 8 from Jackson square will extend out to the Aldershot GO station and then continue as the 18 but it will only operate on the counterclockwise routing and will be reduced from 20-minute service to 30-minute service. Other changes are apparently going to be year round 51 service and 7 days a week B-line service. Other changes rumored are going to be improvements to schedules in Stoney Creek, and improvements to service through Ancaster and Dundas. All of these improvements are pending the hiring of more drivers of course

I don't see how that's possible considering the 8 already has an interline with routes 6 and 7. The 18 can't be interlined with anything because of the long headways. Also Judi Partridge, the councillor for Waterdown has expressly said she doesn't want 40 foot buses there. What is your source on this?

1 hour ago, Brian451 said:

This may make sense given that there's another 6 Vicinities due sometime next year. I"d imagine that the plan had been for many years to see the 6/7/8 to have 30 foot buses operating on them.

Or, if the 8/18 scenario that may exist, what's the future outlook for the 6 and 7 and would they be restructured or changed at all?

10 hours ago, Brian451 said:

The key point in this post is the word "rumour". All changes listed in this post are NOT TRUE AND HAVE NOT BEEN DISCUSSED AT ALL. Please watch about posting false information. I know that is the big thing these days (especially south of the border). Let's go back to the old days of substantiating facts before posting anything.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

The key point in this post is the word "rumour". All changes listed in this post are NOT TRUE AND HAVE NOT BEEN DISCUSSED AT ALL. Please watch about posting false information. I know that is the big thing these days (especially south of the border). Let's go back to the old days of substantiating facts before posting anything.

I thought something was off with that list. To begin with, Waterdown is alternating 15 out of Aldershot, not 20. And synching routes with different frequencies and different days of service would be a task.

Technically, the Ancaster/ Dundas stuff would be true in year 3 as part of the Delaware improvements, which I believe was okayed by Council. Maybe you can clarify what those Delaware changes would be. I'm guessing that rush-hour improvements would mean every 5C continues to the Meadowlands. As for Sunday enhancements, it's already 12-minute common service. The only step up I could see would be 10-minute common service with 30-minute service to each end. Again, I'm just asking, not spreading rumours.

As for any major changes to the Waterdown service, I would think it would be wise to run a bus from downtown Hamilton eventually, but it just seems to make sense to wait until the Clappison's Interchange is completed.

27 minutes ago, Mishap said:

Technically, the Ancaster/ Dundas stuff would be true in year 3 as part of the Delaware improvements, which I believe was okayed by Council. Maybe you can clarify what those Delaware changes would be. I'm guessing that rush-hour improvements would mean every 5C continues to the Meadowlands. As for Sunday enhancements, it's already 12-minute common service. The only step up I could see would be 10-minute common service with 30-minute service to each end. Again, I'm just asking, not spreading rumours.

The Delaware improvements recently approved by Council are for 15 minute service to the Meadowlands during the weekday peak periods. Currently every second bus short turns at West Hamilton Loop. The extension of all trips to the Meadowlands will result in two more peak buses required for the route.

No major modifications are planned for the other days of the week but there may be minor tweaking.

6 hours ago, Mishap said:

Any improvements to Dundas and i'd be happy.

19 hours ago, Chris W said:

What more can they do here? Also, hello fellow Dundas resident.

Short term? Id like to seem some increased frequency instead of a half hour wait to leave or enter (Kinda sucks if you need to be at work and a bus isnt there). Another one would be for weekend service of the 52A. Itd be quite usefull. Just little things.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:50 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

The Delaware improvements recently approved by Council are for 15 minute service to the Meadowlands during the weekday peak periods. Currently every second bus short turns at West Hamilton Loop. The extension of all trips to the Meadowlands will result in two more peak buses required for the route.

No major modifications are planned for the other days of the week but there may be minor tweaking.

Hope no one minds me asking but, where is this list that includes of HSR's plans for service improvements? Unsure if I've come across anything to date on this.

And, isn't it that any more service in one area that has a different area rating that dictates how much service is delieverd in that area...has that changed at all? I think I may be off in terms of the 'area rating' and what it means by specific amount of transit service on the basis of tax levies.

Lastly, usually HSR has quarterly schedule modifications and this is usually the time for the spring modifications. I guess nothing was needed to be adjusted? I was looking through the "Spring 2018 Bus News" and didn't see anything related to those types of schedule adjustments and so on.

1 hour ago, newflyerinvero said:

Hope no one minds me asking but, where is this list that includes of HSR's plans for service improvements? Unsure if I've come across anything to date on this.

And, isn't it that any more service in one area that has a different area rating that dictates how much service is delieverd in that area...has that changed at all? I think I may be off in terms of the 'area rating' and what it means by specific amount of transit service on the basis of tax levies.

Lastly, usually HSR has quarterly schedule modifications and this is usually the time for the spring modifications. I guess nothing was needed to be adjusted? I was looking through the "Spring 2018 Bus News" and didn't see anything related to those types of schedule adjustments and so on.

See attached PDF file. This was presented to the General Issues Committee on March 2nd and approved by Council on March 8th.

Area rating has not changed.

The Spring Board will now be effective April 29, 2018. The Spring Bus News should be available on the buses mid-April. This board extension was done to re-align board dates with the McMaster school year.

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

2018 HSR Expansion.pdf

• Like 1

Teen killed in east end crash with HSR bus

Police, who say family is still being notified, have identifed the victim as an adult male.

11:12 AM 01 April 2018 Hamilton Spectator

Police confirm a 19-year-old man is dead following a crash with an HSR bus (0410)(5E Delaware Quigley at Greenhill) late Saturday night.

The scene at Gage Ave. S. and Lawrence Road has reopened following several hours of investigation by the Hamilton Police Collision Reconstruction.

The crash happened just before midnight.

Investigators believe a Nissan Altima was westbound on Lawrence and approaching Gage when the vehicle crossed over into the oncoming lane, striking a southbound HSR bus.

The driver was pronounced dead later at the hospital.

Three other occupants within the sedan suffered non life threatening injuries and were treated in hospital. The bus driver, a Mississauga resident, was uninjured as well as the two passengers on the bus.

The Hamilton Police Collision Reconstruction Unit continues to investigate.

This is the second driver death and the fourth overall fatality for 2018.

Any witnesses are asked to call Detective Constable Matt Hewko of the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905-546-4755.To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8366483-update-teen-killed-in-east-end-crash-with-hsr-bus/

• Sad 2

Sorry I wasn't trying to spread any fake reports. I was told by a higher up manager at HSR that when the new 30 foot buses come they will be used in waterdown to replace the arboc buses. The 6/7/8 routes will also receive the new 30 footers. The information I was told by the manager is that the plan would be that the bus would leave downtown Hamilton and travel along York and plains to waterdown road then go into Aldershot station and then proceed to waterdown and go counter clockwise. Eliminating the clockwise routing will benefit more people and be more consistent. I also apologize for the incorrect frequency. The manager told me that there are 3 trips an hour and it would drop to 2 trips so that was the info I used. Once I saw that people are saying this isn't happening I contacted that person and asked again. 

Also for the 5c all trips will run to meadowlands. Extra buses will be added to certain routes at certain times of the day. Future changes to the Delaware route will include a more simplified routing and changing some portions of the route to provide better more reliable service

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

When it comes time for the trolley replicas (70 & 71) to retire, will they be replaced by standarded buses for the 99 or will they acquire a different style of a replica trolley?

I’m guessing they will keep them longer since they aren’t regular service buses. Besides they only have roughly 80,000 KM on each. But good question What they will be replaced with when they are done. 

On 18/04/2018 at 12:23 PM, Hybrid0920 said:

I’m guessing they will keep them longer since they aren’t regular service buses. Besides they only have roughly 80,000 KM on each. But good question What they will be replaced with when they are done. 

Any odds that Grande West will do a Trolley version of the Vicinity?