Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

17 hours ago, JN HSR said:

Does anyone know what this bus is? I spotted it this afternoon in downtown Hamilton.

The private owner of this bus agreed to bring it out for a photo alongside the two C40LF buses that were used in the Toronto Transportation Society charter at the beginning of June. It is good to see that bus running well at 40 years of age (new to Woodstock Transit in 1976).

EX - Woodstock Transit 14 --- 04JUN16.jpg

• Like 2

Are all of the new Nova's in yet? Or, are we awaiting the expansion buses? 

Are they prepped for service, or will they be waiting until they can pull 04/0500's off the road?

Also, I've seen drivers wearing the new uniforms. I'm not a big fan, IMO, it makes them look less professional. I like the dark blues better. Too bad they won't be around in the new year. Are the new blue dress shirts like the light blue option they have?

Our new blue dress shirts to be worn in the colder months will be darker than the old light blue we wore but lighter than the dark blue! We haven't received them yet but I believe that they will be about the same color as our new summer polo shirts! We also have to wear a tie with the dress shirt, it's mandatory! We are not happy about that! Lol 

• Like 1

So, I was doing some thinking, and I had an idea.

My 33 at 3PM out of MacNab did not show up yesterday, and the 3:20PM bus was 15 minutes late. I checked Transit 55 and noted a change off on the 3:00PM trip of the 33. HSR has really dropped the ball with service. At one point, ALL of the 33's were running between 15 and 40 minutes late!

If the HSR was on social media properly(not Hamilton Transit) they could have informed of the cancelled trip on the 33, and the delays. Also, what I think should happen, and what I would like to see happen is this. I would like the HSR to introduce new pieces for operators to sign. Extra's. Similar to what OC Transpo and some other agencies do. The operator who signs the work would have no trips and be on stand by for a late or broken down bus. That way, there would be no need to cancel trips, as you can just call out the extra.

They could be placed around the city, for example, the GO Centre, Eastgate Square,Limeridge Mall and somewhere in the west end. Have them as trippers if they don't want them to be out all day. That will solve some issues.

We have a system kind of similar to that, but it's not a guarantee system by any means! Our main issue right now boils down to not enough operators! Inspectors used to send out spare board operators, who were sitting on the couches at the garage, to locations such as Go centre, Hunter street, Limeridge Mall, Eastgate! From there they would wait for delays in buses or missed service and would be instructed to jump in to assist! Unfortunately with the lack of operators right now, this is not possible anymore! I don't see them ever posting extra pieces to sign like you suggested but just utilize spare board operators on report.

The 1600 Nova's are starting to enter service. I just got 1607 on the Barton half an hour ago. Nothing visually different inside or out but the air conditioning seemed a bit better than the 1500's. Nowhere near as powerful as the XD40's however.

1606 is in service today on Barton. Check out Transit 55 if you'd like to catch it. It's a great site and it has already made my commute a lot easier because I can see,. in real time, how late(if at all) the bus is, and the approximate location of the bus. I can't wait for the website to expand and I also can't wait for the fall schedules to go up.

16 hours ago, Wonka said:

The 1600 Nova's are starting to enter service. I just got 1607 on the Barton half an hour ago. Nothing visually different inside or out but the air conditioning seemed a bit better than the 1500's. Nowhere near as powerful as the XD40's however.

They've apparently got a fix, and the A/C is supposed to be better. They will be repairing them when they can, even the 1600's, if I understood correctly. I have been told, and am under the impression, this is affecting not only our Nova's but every system that got them from Metrolinx(Oakville, Burlington, etc.)

15 hours ago, ItsAMetro said:

Are electric buses in the cards for HSR? Spotted this on Main and Victoria today

image.jpeg

Buses demo here all the time. I believe at one point, a long time ago, HSR had an Orion VII visit. I know they've had the LFSA as well. However, there could be something to it, you never know.

2 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

No, 12 0300 series buses have been brought back and have been in service the past two days. They are used only on school extras.

They will eventually be retired as more and more 1600s enter service. Right now, only 1601-08 are in service.

They kept them around! What numbers are they? Maybe they'll assign one to a regular run by mistake.

6 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

No, 12 0300 series buses have been brought back and have been in service the past two days. They are used only on school extras.

They will eventually be retired as more and more 1600s enter service. Right now, only 1601-08 are in service.

0319 on a school extra eastbound on Rymal Rd turned north on Upper Sherman at 2:45 pm today.

11 hours ago, Darren1984 said:

Doe anybody have a list of 0300's in service? I can also confirm no artics on order, as I have been told they are not looking at artics for another few years, if at all, depending on where things are when the 0600 DE60LFR's come up for replacement.

I highly doubt the HSR is going to be ordering any more artics seeing as the B-Line bus route won't exist past 2024. With space severely limited at the mountain garage, there's probably no room for any extra 60 footers anyway. Once the LRT is up and running and a new garage is constructed, I could see them looking at purchasing some for new mountain express routes, but thats about it.

In Nova news, got 1605 on the Parkdale route to Burlington yesterday and the A/C was about as crappy as the 1500's. Really unpleasant with the humidex into the mid 40's.

20 hours ago, Wonka said:

I highly doubt the HSR is going to be ordering any more artics seeing as the B-Line bus route won't exist past 2024. With space severely limited at the mountain garage, there's probably no room for any extra 60 footers anyway. Once the LRT is up and running and a new garage is constructed, I could see them looking at purchasing some for new mountain express routes, but thats about it.

In Nova news, got 1605 on the Parkdale route to Burlington yesterday and the A/C was about as crappy as the 1500's. Really unpleasant with the humidex into the mid 40's.

It's bad that the 1600's are just as bad as the 1500's A/C wise. Once again, I have been told they are working on a fix, but I was not told when the fix will happen. It sounds like it's not just ours. I don't like when I get a Nova on a route. I think what is happening, and don't quote me on this, is the engine is producing too much heat coupled with the A/C not being strong, and you get the front of the bus feeling like a freezer and the back feeling like a sauna.

I think what they mean is those are all the properties that are eligible to get those buses, pending the funding to do so. If money has been allocated to buy the buses, then they can do so since they are on that list to be able to buy them. If there is no funding available to buy the buses, then no order is placed. and i know someone is gonna mention this, about another system picking up buses that whoever didnt get....a property can only get buses that are already on order. If there is no order placed, then there are no buses for that property, or for any other property to pick up from.