Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

Does the HSR have any rules or regulations on tattoos? I have a word in latin on my hand that I got when I was in the army (nothing offensive). Just wondering if that would be a deal breaker. Couldn't find anything online.

No. There are many operators with tattoos, piercings and so forth. HSR does not discriminate on that as there's no reason to.

Does the HSR have any rules or regulations on tattoos? I have a word in latin on my hand that I got when I was in the army (nothing offensive). Just wondering if that would be a deal breaker. Couldn't find anything online.

Shouldn't be an issue. I've seen drivers with full sleeves of tattoos, both male and female. They don't discriminate :)

Thanks for the responses guys. Did my job shadowing today and the operators were great. Sounds like if I got in I'd have to memorize ALL the routes. Not from Hamilton so should be interesting, lol.

Everyone uses cheat sheets when they start. You can tell the new drivers; they're the ones with index cards on the transfer clip.

I believe I read that video surveillance was being looked into, however. I guess it'll depend on how hard ATU pushes for it.

The fact that the city is finally looking into installing interior and exterior cameras finally spells forward progress for operator safety. The ATU has been pushing for it for at least five years, but council keeps rejecting it. I, for one, am all for the cameras, as I don't like hearing news articles about operators getting hurt or taking leaves due to assaults. They're a great idea that should have happened a while back.

The fact that the city is finally looking into installing interior and exterior cameras finally spells forward progress for operator safety. The ATU has been pushing for it for at least five years, but council keeps rejecting it. I, for one, am all for the cameras, as I don't like hearing news articles about operators getting hurt or taking leaves due to assaults. They're a great idea that should have happened a while back.

Yeah I feel like there's only positives when it comes to cameras on board. I wasn't even aware there weren't any. Seems like HSR is a big behind in the operator safety category.

They did for about a month on bus 1101. They decided not to pursue putting them in.

It's apparently on the table again. I think the shields are more effective then cameras are. Cameras are only good for possibly catching the guy after the assault all ready happened but the shield deters them from assaulting in the first place, and if they still attack, it gives the driver time to defend him/herself. Both should be installed.

Had my interview this weekend...although it felt more like speed dating. Not sure how I did as the HR people looked pretty emotionless the whole time. Would of preferred the typical panel interview to be honest. Should know within a couple weeks they said. Next batch of trainees starts in Feb.

Someone shared a photo yesterday of one of HSR'S Xcelsiors with a video ad screen in the ad space behind the driver. It is apparently powered by GEOSignage.

Does anyone know any more about this project? Is it a pilot? Are they being rolled out system wide?

The first two Novas (1502 and 1510) of a 24 bus order (1501-24) arrived on the property Monday evening. They will most likely not enter service until January or maybe even February. The 24 bus order will include 7 expansion vehicles which means that 17 retirements will occur.The rest of the 0200 buses (10) and seven from the 0300s will be retired.

The first two Novas (1502 and 1510) of a 24 bus order (1501-24) arrived on the property Monday evening. They will most likely not enter service until January or maybe even February. The 24 bus order will include 7 expansion vehicles which means that 17 retirements will occur.The rest of the 0200 buses (10) and seven from the 0300s will be retired.

Thanks for the update.

We now just need some pictures!

I'm just curious what the rule is for HSR drivers wearing shorts. I swear I saw a driver on the 41 in shorts today, but I can't confirm because I was too far away. It's none of my business what the drivers choose to wear, I'm just curious.

Drivers always wear shorts during the summer so It's allowed.

I saw a picture of Nova 1510 and they look practically identical to the 9700s, aside from the front door, the CNG tank on the roof, and the back of the bus. Nova's overall design really hasn't changed too much. In my opinion they are kind of ugly.