Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

I've been hoping that the HSR might be forced to press a few of the new artics into service because of the pan am games but so far the existing fleet seems to be handling the crowds well. Guess I'll have to keep waiting until September.

Here's a look at the fall changes. Some highlights:

The 51 will have complete artic service, no more 40-footers.

The 21 and 33 will no longer interline

The 21 is extended to Heritage Greene

The 21 and 33 will continue to serve Mohawk College in both directions. I wonder if they'll maintain the current detour routing.

http://www.hamiltontransit.ca/fall-2015-proposed-service-enhancements/

Here's a look at the fall changes. Some highlights:

The 51 will have complete artic service, no more 40-footers.

The 21 and 33 will no longer interline

The 21 is extended to Heritage Greene

The 21 and 33 will continue to serve Mohawk College in both directions. I wonder if they'll maintain the current detour routing.

http://www.hamiltontransit.ca/fall-2015-proposed-service-enhancements/

Please keep in mind that the website is an unofficial site. The changes are based on an internal memo that was issued about a month ago with possible proposed changes. All of the actual changes will be in the Fall 2015 issue of "The Bus New" which should be on buses by mid August. Not all changes on that site are accurate.

I see that NFTA has got its pilot CNG LFS, just wondering if HSR would be getting their's in the next month or so?

I think they already tested it some time ago. I remember seeing a photo of a 40 foot Nova demo bus at the garage back in the spring on instagram. I'd assume it was the CNG demo.

• Root Admin

I think they already tested it some time ago. I remember seeing a photo of a 40 foot Nova demo bus at the garage back in the spring on instagram. I'd assume it was the CNG demo.

That was a diesel. Apparently HSR's units are due for November.

Please keep in mind that the website is an unofficial site. The changes are based on an internal memo that was issued about a month ago with possible proposed changes. All of the actual changes will be in the Fall 2015 issue of "The Bus New" which should be on buses by mid August. Not all changes on that site are accurate.

Oh, ok. I knew the website is an unofficial site, I just thought the changes might have come from the city, and that they were not just proposed changes. Thanks for the clarification

I have a quick question: Now that GO Transit has opened its West Harbour station, is there an HSR bus route that would take you from the Macnab Terminal, or the Hunter Street station, to the West harbour station?

Thanks in advance.

I have a quick question: Now that GO Transit has opened its West Harbour station, is there an HSR bus route that would take you from the Macnab Terminal, or the Hunter Street station, to the West harbour station?

Thanks in advance.

From MacNab, best bet is 4 Bayfront, which you can catch by walking across the parking lot to James St, or head south on MacNab to Hunter. The 99 Waterfront Shuttle is also an option, but it's a seasonal service.

From Hunter St GO, catch the 4 at James and Hunter. You can also catch the 20 A-Line on John St at either Haymarket or Jackson, but that is peak hours only.

Is there a bus shortage? The reason I ask is that I've been seeing CNG buses out, in fact I just saw 0207 on the 20. Seems kind of inconvenient to drive them down to Wentworth to get furled, no? If not a shortage, did they upgrade and re-open the fueling station at Mountain Garage?

• 2 weeks later...

Artic 1431 was out about 1pm on Training runs. It was going south on Upper Wellington. Not sure if it's still out, or if there's others on the road.

One CNG artic is being used in Training on most days. Note the dealer plate in the windshield. The buses have not had regular plates applied at this point. Also note that the bike racks have not been installed yet.

The renovation of the CNG station is basically complete. They are now waiting for the paperwork to go through with the Province to start up the CNG fueling station which should happen next week. If everything goes according to plan and the testing of the fueling facility goes without problems, then the 1400s should enter service mid to late August.

(crosspost from the Hamilton SkyScraper Forum site)

Courtesy the HSR Official Website, here is the new Fall 2015 21 UPPER KENILWORTH schedule.

http://www.hamilton.ca/sites/default...esept_2015.pdf

2 things to see here would be that the bus route will now stop on campus at Mohawk College, and the new extension(which I've waited SO LONG to see happen) to Heritage Greene.

The new stops, for those who don't want to click the link, are...

Southbound

-Mohawk College Loop
-Limeridge at Albion Falls
-Mud at Pritchard
-Opposite #211 Pritchard
-Stone Church at Red Hill Parkway
-Stone Church at Heritage Greene
-Paramount at Upper Mount Albion
-Winterberry at Paramount
-Up Mount Albion at Stone Church

Northbound

-Stone Church at Heritage Greene
-At #211 Pritchard
-Pritchard at Mud
-Limeridge at Albion Falls
-Mohawk College Loop

Now if the 11 PARKDALE, 22 UPPER OTTAWA, and 43 STONE CHURCH buses could be re-aligned onto Upper Mount Albion, beside the cinema, then HG would see a LOT more foot traffic. =)

What do you all think?

the bus route will now stop on campus at Mohawk College,

That could have waited until the terminal is completed, which is supposedly going to be early in the new year. With the fall schedules, there will be 28 buses serving the south doors of the college each peak hour (14 northbound and 14 southbound). It's going to be crowded around there.

Given how it won't be long until the XN60's enter service and teh return of the C40LFs to be in service too, is there a determination of how many C40LFs that will be retiring? Or, would that number not be figured out until the arrival of the 24 LFS CNGs? I ask this given that since that there are some expansion plans for the HSR and this would only be the first phase of many, I don't think the entire CNG (C40LF) fleet would be retiring right away and so on.

Five C40LF buses have been retired (0201, 0204, 0206, 0210 and 0211). This is all of the C40LF buses that will be retired with this round of new vehicles. The 13 expansion buses (out of 18 artics delivered) will increase the fleet to 234 which includes the 2 replica trolleys.

I guess whatever those units retired will be anything for major rework or expire tanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna guess that we'll be seeing them in service within the next 2 weeks if they're starting to be plated. I'm disappointed that according to the Fall service changes, they won't be deployed to the 2 Barton as was originally suspected.

I'm gonna guess that we'll be seeing them in service within the next 2 weeks if they're starting to be plated. I'm disappointed that according to the Fall service changes, they won't be deployed to the 2 Barton as was originally suspected.

I was wondering about that myself. When I saw them this morning they were running part of the 2 Barton route(albeit, not much that I saw). Who knows where they were before then. Maybe they'll be assigned to Barton on weekends, or maybe they were running training on Barton today as part of a test? I would think some of the infrastructure, mainly the stops, along Barton would have to be revised for articulated buses. I was also surprised to see the 20 will be getting artics come the fall.