Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

That is the new design of the LFR door. The hinge at hand level is a safety concern. You will notice your beloved MT LFRs receiving [ugly] plates over the hinges.

WHAT!!! they should just change the doors. I hope the 2007 LFRs come with the new door then. How does the door on the right side work though. theres no hinge in site at the top of that door. Does it work like the Novas (the hinge is above the door itself inside the bus)??

Do you have a pic of the plates??

With regards to the 'DE41LF', does that mean that the DE60LFR is really a DE61LFR??? It also has an extended rear.

• Root Admin

That is the new design of the LFR door. The hinge at hand level is a safety concern. You will notice your beloved MT LFRs receiving [ugly] plates over the hinges.

Thats actually the original door design for the restyled D40LFR...

WHAT!!! they should just change the doors. I hope the 2007 LFRs come with the new door then. How does the door on the right side work though. theres no hinge in site at the top of that door. Does it work like the Novas (the hinge is above the door itself inside the bus)??

Do you have a pic of the plates??

Have you look at the doors yourself to see this?

I do have a pic for Oakville, but it's not edit yet.

Have you look at the doors yourself to see this?

I do have a pic for Oakville, but it's not edit yet.

What do you mean? The new (original) doors? I havnt seen that type of door myself in person, as I havnt even seen a MT LFR in person, let alone a bus all the way in Edmonton or Vancouver, or Hamilton. Im just wondering how that door works cause there's no hinge at the tope of the right hand door. And I want to see a pic of the plate they're putting on the current LFRs.

What do you mean? The new (original) doors? I havnt seen that type of door myself in person, as I havnt even seen a MT LFR in person, let alone a bus all the way in Edmonton or Vancouver, or Hamilton. Im just wondering how that door works cause there's no hinge at the tope of the right hand door. And I want to see a pic of the plate they're putting on the current LFRs.

Going to make it plain and simple: Come down to Oakville and look at it. We have two types of door for D40LFR.

The press conference to announce the arrival of the hybrids will be March 26th at 3:00 PM at City Hall in Hamilton. One 60' and one 40' hybrid will be at the conference.

The press conference for the hybrid vehicles has been rescheduled to Tuesday, April 3rd at 10:00 AM at City Hall. They were not able to work out an appropriate common time for all of the guests (Provincial and Federal Government) to appear on the 26th, so it is now pushed back.

One more artic has been delivered, 0614. It will probably be at least mid-April before the artics are in service.

Kevin

How does the mechanism work?? Anyone know??

The same exact way all slide guides work, except the hinge is in the middle.

Then again, I guess you have to ride one or at least take a look at the door from the inside to see what I mean.

They still offer the same type of door that MT's D40LFRs have, except the hinge is no longer located in the middle. Oakville's newest D40LFRs have them. (IIRC)

The press conference for the hybrid vehicles has been rescheduled to Tuesday, April 3rd at 10:00 AM at City Hall. They were not able to work out an appropriate common time for all of the guests (Provincial and Federal Government) to appear on the 26th, so it is now pushed back.

One more artic has been delivered, 0614. It will probably be at least mid-April before the artics are in service.

Kevin

hey kevin is this just for the press or can the public attend this?

The same exact way all slide guides work, except the hinge is in the middle.

Then again, I guess you have to ride one or at least take a look at the door from the inside to see what I mean.

They still offer the same type of door that MT's D40LFRs have, except the hinge is no longer located in the middle. Oakville's newest D40LFRs have them. (IIRC)

I must ask once more.... Any pics of what ur talking about. I dont have the privilage of going to MT, or OT land all the time.

hey kevin is this just for the press or can the public attend this?

The press conference is being held at City Hall, so seeing as how that is a public facility, I do not think that there would be a problem with additional members of the public showing up.

The date and time is not set in stone yet. There are still trying to schedule times for all of the politicians who want to be there. With a possible election just around the corner, it seems that everybody wants a photo op.

Kevin

Six out of the seven artics have now been delivered with 0616 being the only one that is not on the property. For the DE41LF buses, only 0601 has not been delivered.

Artic 0614 was actually on the road this afternoon on the South Mountain being road tested. However, it will still be 2-3 weeks before any of the hybrids enter revenue service.

In the meantime, here is a shot of 0611 at the garage.

Kevin

HSR_0611___21MAR07.jpg

The press conference is being held at City Hall, so seeing as how that is a public facility, I do not think that there would be a problem with additional members of the public showing up.

The date and time is not set in stone yet. There are still trying to schedule times for all of the politicians who want to be there. With a possible election just around the corner, it seems that everybody wants a photo op.

Kevin

Can't wait for my first view of the Hybrids......kinda wish though a new low floor "New Flyer" trolley was part of that same conference.......but that's the past........Hope these buses do us good, can't wait!!!

As the designer of the winning bus design - I was told to leave it off my final design as they would be added later as decals. So when they are finally on the road and I assume at the press conference - they will all be decaled out!

Just to give some of you the background of my design - the "swooshes and swoops" as they've been called represent the sweeping lines and magestic curves of Hamilton's two natural wonders - the harbour and escarpment. Blue representing the water of the harbour and gold showcasing the beauty that is the escarpment. The design also highlights our placement at the Head of the Lake and as the Hub of the Golden Horseshoe. I also think the curves will look great when the bus is breezing along King or Main Streets when it is on the B-Line. Lots of movement, fluidity and much more organic that the static lines that are a fixture on most of the HSR line.

Dave Kuruc

Are you the guy that designed our 06 artic? it is nice.... you said they are gonna put a bus wrap on the hybrids?

The designs on the new hybrids are painted on - I was talking about the HSR logo being decals and are added later when they arrive.

OHH! i see... i misunderstood you... sorry

On the D41LF's, do you think hsr is gonna put a wrap saying "hamiltons first hybrid bus" other transit companies did that, even TTC..

It would help get the word on the street that we now have hybrid busses.

On the D41LF's, do you think hsr is gonna put a wrap saying "hamiltons first hybrid bus" other transit companies did that, even TTC..

I believe TTC never put such words on their hybrid buses. All it says that this is a "hybrid electric" bus, but no mention of whether it is first or last.

I believe TTC never put such words on their hybrid buses. All it says that this is a "hybrid electric" bus, but no mention of whether it is first or last.

The "HYBRID ELECTRIC" decal on the sides of the battery box is a standard Orion thing. I think the New York buses have it as well. I personally like it ... nothing to dramatic, and just enough that it adds a bit of touch to it, instead of having a big huge white box on the roof.

- Josh

The "HYBRID ELECTRIC" decal on the sides of the battery box is a standard Orion thing. I think the New York buses have it as well. I personally like it ... nothing to dramatic, and just enough that it adds a bit of touch to it, instead of having a big huge white box on the roof.

- Josh

On MTA NYCT's Hybrids there's no decals on the battery box, but just above the windows on the side it says "Clean Air Hybrid Electric Bus" in blue.

2 questions:

Why is it only HSR's 40ft hybrids need an extra inch at the back? How come other DE40LFs are just DE40LF and not DE41LF?

Anyone have a site with photos of HSR 06xx and 07xx pics? Besides the ones in this thread.

• Root Admin

- Josh

No, thats not a standard decal that Orion has. Transit authorities request to have those decals placed on wherever on the bus. TTC has it on the battery packs. MUNI has it above the last upper windows at the rear of the bus. MTA has it above the first windows, closer to the front. It can be anywhere on any bus, or no where at all...

2 questions:

Why is it only HSR's 40ft hybrids need an extra inch at the back? How come other DE40LFs are just DE40LF and not DE41LF?

Anyone have a site with photos of HSR 06xx and 07xx pics? Besides the ones in this thread.

NFI have just added an extra 7" to accomendate the powerpack since last year. Not just HSR, other systems ordered Hybrid have 7" as well.

No, cause it's not in service yet.

It will most likely written "Powered by Electric Hybrid" on the battery pack cover much like the CNG buses, nothing fancy.