Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

i am just imagining what would happen if the GM artics spun out.. Would they end up snapping in half? like a transport doing a turn that is too sharp?

I believe, in a case like that, the turntable would snap in many places, along with hydrolic lines breaking.

• 2 weeks later...
The New Flyer DE60LFR buses are supposed to be delivered sometime during the week of March 5th, 2007 with the DE40LF buses to follow shortly thereafter. All of the hybrids should be delivered by the end of March.

The fleet numbers for the artics will be 0610-0616 while the 40' hybrids will be 0601-0605. This is the reverse of what I had reported earlier. I apologize for the earlier mistake.

The 40' hybrids will actually be delivered without the words "low floor low floor low floor" on the side of the buses. HSR has used this wording ever since the 9600 series to allow the public to differentiate between a low and high floor bus. Now that the fleet is getting close to the 100% low floor (just over 90% once the hybrids have entered service), it was felt kind of redundant to have the wording on the side.

Apparently, the yellow and blue stripes look really good now that they are continued all the way along the sides.

Kevin N

From Kevin's Post Near The Top Of The Page !

More than likely in April due to training.

I guess the drivers need more training because it is a newer bus and it has more features? I was hoping they would come out sometime this week.... :) Im dying to see it in person!!!! or as a picture, i already say the design by the man from mixed media.... nice bus eh? what does the de60lfr look like at the back of the bus?

I guess the drivers need more training because it is a newer bus and it has more features? I was hoping they would come out sometime this week.... :) Im dying to see it in person!!!! or as a picture, i already say the design by the man from mixed media.... nice bus eh? what does the de60lfr look like at the back of the bus?

Here's a detail of the bus (back included)

bus_007.jpg

UTO, your drawing is better than the one they picked. Honestly. Also much better than the 2nd place pick. Good job on it.

Man I can't wait until the artic's hit the street. First "new" HSR bus since the Orion IV. I say that because I really don't count the different deliveries of New Flyer's as new. The most different they ever got is when the D40LF arrived... which really wasn't all that different anyway.

UTO, your drawing is better than the one they picked. Honestly. Also much better than the 2nd place pick. Good job on it.

Man I can't wait until the artic's hit the street. First "new" HSR bus since the Orion IV. I say that because I really don't count the different deliveries of New Flyer's as new. The most different they ever got is when the D40LF arrived... which really wasn't all that different anyway.

I agree with wonka.... U.T.O's drawing was better than the winner, but oh well they must have been judges that had bad taste.. :)

I agree with wonka.... U.T.O's drawing was better than the winner, but oh well they must have been judges that had bad taste.. :)

Unfortunatly, all transit does is to make plain and simple, not something complicated.

I'm sure you mean the Orion VI, IV is 4. :P

I must agree that some of the runners up had better designs than the winner, but that is not for me to decide.

Hm, did I? Rocky V + Rocky I... Yep. Orion VI then :)

0717 had to be changed off tonight because the bell was busted...the driver announced that you need to tell him where you want off just after he left Eastgate, but people who got on after didn't know and wondered why the bus wasn't stopping...it seemed as though the stop request light would go on when the bus started moving (whether someone wanted off or not) and go off when the door opened, and the bell sometimes went off when the light came on and sometimes didn't...the bus was also 10 mins late but the 1 always runs late on Saturday nights

0717 had to be changed off tonight because the bell was busted...the driver announced that you need to tell him where you want off just after he left Eastgate, but people who got on after didn't know and wondered why the bus wasn't stopping...it seemed as though the stop request light would go on when the bus started moving (whether someone wanted off or not) and go off when the door opened, and the bell sometimes went off when the light came on and sometimes didn't...the bus was also 10 mins late but the 1 always runs late on Saturday nights

The 0700's are breaki8ng fast, 0705 has a part missing at the back bumper, on the passenger side.. sad.. a few weeks ago, 0709 had door problems, front door.... wouldnt close.. :(

The 0700's are breaki8ng fast, 0705 has a part missing at the back bumper, on the passenger side.. sad.. a few weeks ago, 0709 had door problems, front door.... wouldnt close.. :(

To add, most 0700's are full of grafiti and stckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

To add, most 0700's are full of grafiti and stckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The "Stckers" is supposed to be stickers!! sorry for the mistake... :D

The 0700's are breaki8ng fast, 0705 has a part missing at the back bumper, on the passenger side.. sad.. a few weeks ago, 0709 had door problems, front door.... wouldnt close.. :)

To add, most 0700's are full of grafiti and stckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The "Stckers" is supposed to be stickers!! sorry for the mistake... :D

Gee, this is nothing new. That's your Hamiltonians, trash the bus very fast!

I was curious what they have to train the 51 University drivers. They no how to use an artic!!???