Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

The D40LFs arrived on or before January 3 as they were all lined up at the north side of Mountain Garage, just too far away for pictures.

And about the 9700s: I got pictures of 9711, 14, 16, 18 and 20 on January 3.

And I have pictures of 9708, 17 and 19 from earlier days.

• Root Admin

On hsr's new 40' hybrids is the back restyled to?

There was a previous discussion about this somewhere down here...but thats ok. I believe the 40ft Hybrids will have the old "DE40LF" design. Just the hybrid articulated buses will feature the new restyled "DE60LFR" design.

The first three of the new 0700 series entered revenue service today.

Buses 0701 and 0703 are on Barton while bus 0702 is on Upper James/College.

It will be interesting to see what the customers reaction is to the new interior color scheme. The seats are now a dark blue, complete with the city of Hamilton logo woven in the fabric. The floor is a lighter gray while the interior walls are now an off-white color (close to beige).

Kevin

It will be interesting to see what the customers reaction is to the new interior color scheme. The seats are now a dark blue, complete with the city of Hamilton logo woven in the fabric. The floor is a lighter gray while the interior walls are now an off-white color (close to beige).

Kevin

Hey, i rode on the new 0702, they didn't put the 51 0r 34 in front of the 0702. its awesome. are the hybrids out?

Kevin

so did they do anything to the seating configuration? and is it the same type of seat they've always used but with a different color, or did they change the seat material too?

so did they do anything to the seating configuration? and is it the same type of seat they've always used but with a different color, or did they change the seat material too?

I believe it is fabric, when i rode 0702 i didn't sit down, it was packed. the engine has a weird whizzing sound.

i think it had a problem. the driver slammed on the brakes half way up the mountain, and there were no cars in front. he made a weird face like something was wrong.....

I roe 0704 yesterday, the driver said I was lucky to find him. The bus floor was mostly clean, it had the new car smell, and the engine, typically like newer New Flyers had a higher pitched drone to the engine.

BT Invero: the seating configuration is the same as the 05s.

I roe 0704 yesterday, the driver said I was lucky to find him. The bus floor was mostly clean, it had the new car smell, and the engine, typically like newer New Flyers had a higher pitched drone to the engine.

BT Invero: the seating configuration is the same as the 05s.

Again, the higher pitch is due to rear axle. Going head to Hamilton next week.

Well, that driver sure is lucky to drive a newer vehicle. But it will be mistreated in few months.

they finally got rid of the comfortable seats...now they're using the same hard stuff GRT put in their 2002 D40LFs

Well, I do miss their vinyl brown seats. However, it's a change.

Rode 0706 on the 26 tonight, and it still had a new bus smell...they do sound higher pitched than the 05s, which makes them sound a little louder. How many 07s are out now? Actually I was a little surprised to see an 07 on a Sunday night since I remember they didn't put the 05s on Sunday service for the first while after they hit the road.

Ok, that's it, I AM going to Hamilton this week, I will be taking my Camera, LOL

Thanks OrionVIII

I need to go see my computer provider anyways, and my Mum, so just one more excuse to go, LOL

my best friend is driving a mountain route this board, so I will have to go see her.