King County Metro - Seattle, Washington

Orion VIII

I’ve noticed that the D and E seem to be running 100% XDE60’s these days, while the C is running 100% DE60LFR’s. Is this for mileage balancing reasons, or did Metro determine the parallel hybrid system of the DE60LFR is better suited for the highway portion of the C line?

A while back, Metro moved the D and E lines to Central, while keeping the C line at Atlantic. They moved the XDE60s to Central at the same time, probably because Central already had other XDE60s. It's possible that there's more to it than that, but I kind of doubt it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jay8g said:

A while back, Metro moved the D and E lines to Central, while keeping the C line at Atlantic. They moved the XDE60s to Central at the same time, probably because Central already had other XDE60s. It's possible that there's more to it than that, but I kind of doubt it.

Thank you for this. I missed that detail completely. That makes a lot of sense.

So back to the Proterras, I saw this the other day, which implies that there are even more issues with them (at other agencies). It's disappointing to see all of the issues with BYD and Proterra buses, since I was really hoping electric buses would take off.

However, one of Metro's Proterras -- 4604 -- is back in service as of last Friday! I wonder if this is a sign of things to come, or if they're just testing things out.

Edit: Though from Pantograph data, it appears that both days 4604 was in service, it was pulled out of service mid-day. So I'm thinking the reliability issues haven't exactly been worked out yet...

4 hours ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

It is cool to see Route 70 on trolleys again. It has been so long, that the Pantograp[h website even marks it as an anomaly. Ha!

If a route has had a certain model on it for a long time, Pantograph will mark any change whatsoever as an anomaly. For example, in Vancouver it is notorious for marking 19550 (the one Hamilton-base Girardin G5) as an anomaly on Arboc-dominated shuttle routes.

Anyway, I agree, it's super cool to see the 70 running trolleys again, I'll have to go ride it and get some photos now that the XT60s are back out on it! Sad part is, this probably means an even sooner end for the DE60LFs, since so many of them were used on the 70.

• Sad 1

On 7/26/2021 at 3:03 AM, Amaryah Johnson said:

Please, look at the website New Flyer including TrolleyBus which both King County Metro and MUNI San Franscisco.

https://www.newflyer.com/bus/xcelsior-trolley/

This is a full brochure for the trolleybus version, at last. The most interesting thing is that they have upgraded the battery capacity from the existing buses in Seattle and in SF, which are about 26kWh to 71kWh which will give 22 miles off-wire range for the XT40 and over 15 miles for the XT60.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

I got a good photo of King County Metro 8293 laying over at Northgate transit center, if one of the wiki editors could input it into the list page

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_8200-8299#8293I got

PXL_20210801_010950502.jpg

Quality. Unfortunately, behind behalf interesting in a photo bus but your picture side small can't see the front them add more full photo the bus enough 100% size angle.

I example to show to you the picture. Look at the bus.

C9A34498-0500-4F4E-AB13-A5FB8513AEFA.jpeg

Saturday, January 30, 2021. 9:14 am.

3rd Ave, Seattle.

KCM, rt. 5 (8293) XDE60. 2018 Bus.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_8200-8299

8150EAEA-E384-480A-B884-B75BF8A9E027.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

Are you saying the picture has to include the front of the bus? Like this?

8294.jpg

preferably it would be at an angle where the front and full side of the bus could be seen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

Are you saying the picture has to include the front of the bus? Like this?

8294.jpg

The photo should include all of the bus, if possible, and if possible a bit of the front as well.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

So is something like this good? You could put it in https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_7301-7429 if it is good.

PXL_20210802_233835094.jpg

The angle is alright, my personal issue with it would be 1. the "fisheye" / distortion effect from taking the photo that close (which overall isn't a big deal, it's fine) and 2. the resolution - most likely due to forum size limits. if you would like it posted, feel free to PM me with the photo - I believe it doesn't compress as much there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all good everyone,

I went to ride the bus coach number 2812 DE60LF on rt. 70 from the U District to Seattle via Farview last on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. At 13:51 pm. I'm lucky! The reason 2812 was retired and but now again started active still at Atlantic Base and also I saw check on the internet for KCM FLeet information except coaches 2600-2812 and the last list long down 2812 about nothing retired yet do not source the info, too. Please fix the editor Wiki. Thank you for understanding. 

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_2600-2812