King County Metro - Seattle, Washington

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As promised, here's a shot from inside Bellevue Base  

Yes, when I saw that on the news this morning, I was stunned.  It's just devastating news.  Zack was truly a bus and train aficionado. I have always enjoyed his contributions here on the forum.  I'v

So I was waiting for the 116 at 3rd and Bell this evening and this went by: King County Metro 3633 on RapidRide E by LB Bryce, on Flickr King County Metro 3633 on RapidRide E by LB Bryce, on

Posted Images

cool. thanks for sharing

On 1/11/2021 at 7:22 PM, Benton Harper said:

Quite an interesting read, a lot of effort.  

Interesting the note about driver comfort stations...  just sounds over the top.

Noticed a complete lack of step out bus stops.  Instead of the bus pulling over, then the fight to get back in, bus stops on street, passengers just step on.  The old lane could then be used for parking or food trucks or restaurant patios.

The stop location is interesting, I've really only seen before and after an intersection on main lines/roads.  Never thought about a mid block stop.

Thank you for sharing 

no problem, found it from a google result of something in the "images" tab and a giant PDF file caught my attention

2 hours ago, Amaryah Johnson said:

Saturday, January 16, 2021. 16:34 pm.

2rd Ave, Seattle.

KCM, rt. 120 (8266) turn to go home in the garage Atlantic Base (AB) New Flyer Xcelsior XDE60. 2018 Bus. The bus go home not Central Base?

IMG_0078.JPG

i think its going to AB just to rtake a break for a few, then go onto another route and rinse and repeat, before actually going back to its base, im pretty sure part of the schedule is to go to other bases also.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

Anyone know what base 358 ran out of?

North

I've posted several copies of The Book from over the years in this thread; find them and you can see routings, maps, the route-base cross reference list, and soooo much more.

2 minutes ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

Damn, they really dont wanna for some reason.

Anyway, I saw 6245 and 6259 on the E Line in their natural red colors, I think the majority of the green wrapped 6240s-50s are unwrapped now

I could understand it all coach number 6242-6269 (28) series in regular some wrapped for color off the very slow process for running quickly during both D and E Line from the Central Base.

3 minutes ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

I mean I saw some of the green wrapped 6250s on the E line, a lot

Yes, also we are knowing the same. Why do you ask about this bus for the information? But you need to be patient. But because it wrapped half color off over to H Line in 2021 or 2022 yet.

1 hour ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

huh

But, what do I say you have not read yet. They management program the bus coach number 6242-6269 (28) series all cover wrapped color is green when starting in the service from August 2019 later some half color off it just in the regular slow process to continue the rush next route 120 will delete replace by new H Line over in September 2021 or late 2022 able. 

• 2 weeks later...

kcm7.jpg  King County METRO 2649: 2004 New Flyer DE60LF was operating on route 194 at Downtown Seattle Tunnel when it was brand new on August 13th, 2004 with the 1990-91 Breda in the background. . Photo credit goes to Oren's Transit Page, used with Permission. The tunnel is closed. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, JAX Transit 2000 said:

kcm7.jpg  King County METRO 2649: 2004 New Flyer DE60LF was operating on route 194 at Downtown Seattle Tunnel when it was brand new on August 13th, 2004 with the 1990-91 Breda in the background. . Photo credit goes to Oren's Transit Page, used with Permission. The tunnel is closed. 

Oh hmm. Yes, I know and I had been a few time to ride the old both route 174 and 194 last year earlier, too.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:48 PM, Amaryah Johnson said:

Tuesday, January 12, 2021. 11:51 am.

3rd Ave, Seattle.

KCM, rt. 36 (4501) New Flyer Xcelsior XT60 (including Trolleybus). 2015 Bus. You can upload the input list photo for required, please?

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_4500-4563

IMG_0064.JPG

@Rob's Transport Hub

On 1/15/2021 at 1:48 PM, Amaryah Johnson said:

Thursday, January 14, 2021. 11:51 am.

3rd Ave, Seattle.

KCM, rt. 62 (8025) New Flyer Xcelsior XDE60. 2016 Bus.

I have my picture the bus and need to upload input CPTDB Wiki with King County Metro model Xcelsior XDE60, coach number 8000-8084 an available for the update required, please?

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_8000-8084  @aznichiro115

IMG_0071.JPG

@Rob's Transport Hub