Orion VIII

King County Metro - Seattle, Washington

55 minutes ago, kona404 said:

According to the wiki, some routes are served by multiple bases—I haven't done a comprehensive comparison, but I can see some (expected) overlap at Atlantic/Central (and some at Ryerson), some at East and Bellevue bases, etc.. This somewhat makes sense as they're close to each other, but I'd like to get as specific as possible. The context here is that I want to start tracking which vehicles are at which base on my tracker.

Anyone have more insight on how this works? I suspect I'll need to settle for grouping the bases across from each other as "one base," but if there's more to it I'd love to know.

There are a few exceptions for oddball routes, but routes are assigned to and operate out of a single base.  The confusion may actually be around storage bases, which I believe is for (or at least predominantly for) peak trips.  For example, a route that operates out of North that terminates in the CBD: there's not much reason to deadhead back to North just so another operator can grab the bus and deadhead it back downtown later that day.  So they instead deadhead to Atlantic/Central (and maybe Ryerson; I'm not sure) and park there and operators hop on route 661 to get back home.

Check out past Route/Base Cross Reference Lists and I've attached the list for this shakeup.  Spoiler alert: the only changes were routes 125, C, D, and E.

Route-Base Cross Reference Spring 2018.pdf

51 minutes ago, Atomic Taco said:

There are a few exceptions for oddball routes, but routes are assigned to and operate out of a single base.

Which is what I was expecting to find, but I found a few of those oddballs so quickly I assumed there may be quite a bit more, and decided to ask here before trying to identify every single one manually.

Thanks for that document, makes my job a lot easier. I'll note that C/D/E on there are listed as Atlantic only, while the wiki puts them under both Atlantic and Central. 

3 hours ago, kona404 said:

Which is what I was expecting to find, but I found a few of those oddballs so quickly I assumed there may be quite a bit more, and decided to ask here before trying to identify every single one manually.

Thanks for that document, makes my job a lot easier. I'll note that C/D/E on there are listed as Atlantic only, while the wiki puts them under both Atlantic and Central. 

Before this shakeup, i believe C,D & E drivers mostly came from Central, but all the fleet RapidRide and most non-RapidRide replacements were Atlantic buses. I either read it here or on the facebook group page. 

43,44,48,124 I believe only the OWL trips are from Central

in the PM 167 the first few trips are out of NB, when they get to Renton they become 342 to head back north. I imagine it is the opposite in the morning. 

if a bus runs 167 and 342 it is from north, a 167 that only runs 167 is from Ryerson, a 342 that only runes 342 is from Bellevue

246 i believe only the school tripper is out of east

the other school routes i have no idea, but East is all artic, with a few ST gilligs. 

Looks like Metro bought some Arboc Spirit of Liberty buses for Trailhead Direct service that may also run on shuttles during weekdays.  Along with some Chevy cutaways looks like they're in the 460-470 range.  I added stubs but need more information for the wiki if anyone has more info.

9 hours ago, Atomic Taco said:

Looks like Metro bought some Arboc Spirit of Liberty buses for Trailhead Direct service that may also run on shuttles during weekdays.  Along with some Chevy cutaways looks like they're in the 460-470 range.  I added stubs but need more information for the wiki if anyone has more info.

I think it's the opposite, 204 and 224 went DART and these were bought to run those "new" routes, and are used for Trailhead when not running community routes on the weekends.  

52 minutes ago, aznichiro115 said:

I think it's the opposite, 204 and 224 went DART and these were bought to run those "new" routes, and are used for Trailhead when not running community routes on the weekends.  

I thought DART routes were operated by Hopelink?