King County Metro - Seattle, Washington

Orion VIII

On 9/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, AmaryahJohnson1996 said:

The reason 2812 was retired and but now again started active still at Atlantic Base and also I saw check on the internet for KCM FLeet information except coaches 2600-2812

Ah, the last of the OG hybrids. Good catch!

I always wanted to see (or stage) a pic of 2812 and 6813 in the same place. Though the numbers aren't -technically- close, 6813 picked up the sequence where 2812 left off.

I assume they did that to avoid interference with the straight diesel D60LFs -- 2870-2899. It sure caused a weird ripple effect in the larger fleet numbering scheme.

4 hours ago, Border City Transit said:

I always wanted to see (or stage) a pic of 2812 and 6813 in the same place. Though the numbers aren't -technically- close, 6813 picked up the sequence where 2812 left off.

I understand now but unfortunately, you did not know all detail about the bus fleet list the information? The reason I got my phone app track is called Pantograph.com 2812 <- didn't get the source retired yet important. Thank you for understanding.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

It's so weird how 45 is a north base route now and 31/32 are Ryerson base routes now.

I kind of figured that would happen since the 75 switched its through-route to the 45. I feel like it makes sense, since the 31/32 are entirely south of the 45 (apart from a little bit in the U District).

A few other thoughts on day 1 of the service change:

• The 2600s might finally be done. This service change seems to be an overall reduction, so that wouldn't surprise me, especially since Metro wanted to retire them with the 2020 fall service change.
  • I'm not convinced that the new NE 45th St routing for the 31/32 is a good idea. They don't seem to have scheduled enough time for that section, at least on weekends -- basically all of the 31/32s have been running late all day.
  • It's strange to see North Base running 60-footers on the route 20, which seems unlikely to be a high-volume route. This seems to be kind of normal for North Base -- they did the same thing with new low-volume routes during the U Link service change. I imagine that will change soon enough.
  • Other than switching the 31/32 with the 45, it doesn't look like there were any other base changes (at least for routes that run on Saturdays). I was kind of surprised by that, since this is such a major service change.

9 hours ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

It's so weird how 45 is a north base route now and 31/32 are Ryerson base routes now.

1 hour ago, jay8g said:

I kind of figured that would happen since the 75 switched its through-route to the 45. I feel like it makes sense, since the 31/32 are entirely south of the 45 (apart from a little bit in the U District).

• The 2600s might finally be done. This service change seems to be an overall reduction, so that wouldn't surprise me, especially since Metro wanted to retire them with the 2020 fall service change.
  • I'm not convinced that the new NE 45th St routing for the 31/32 is a good idea. They don't seem to have scheduled enough time for that section, at least on weekends -- basically all of the 31/32s have been running late all day.
  • It's strange to see North Base running 60-footers on the route 20, which seems unlikely to be a high-volume route. This seems to be kind of normal for North Base -- they did the same thing with new low-volume routes during the U Link service change. I imagine that will change soon enough.
  • Other than switching the 31/32 with the 45, it doesn't look like there were any other base changes (at least for routes that run on Saturdays). I was kind of surprised by that, since this is such a major service change.

7:13 am.

Roosevelt Square, Seattle.

KCM, rt. 45 (6873) DE60LFR. 2010 Bus. Rt. 45 transferred North Base the first time today whoa!!

054F4C73-5AE6-40FB-B53D-74EBB480F707.jpeg

4 hours ago, jay8g said:

I also saw a 60-footer on the 347, which was pretty strange. I guess the North Base is still figuring out what to do about the excess artics it has since the 41 is no more.

Interesting -- yeah, the 2600s are back at North (after being retired from there just a few months back), and it looks like they're transferring 6800/6900s to South. I wouldn't have thought North would need more 60-footers with the 41 gone, but who knows.

Also, it looks like the new route 79 is running out of Central -- I certainly wasn't expecting that.

And even after the service change, it looks like Metro still isn't running any of their battery electric buses (Proterras or the new XE60s). The Proterras popped up briefly a while back, but never seemed to be able to make it through a full day without being switched out, and they disappeared after a week or so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

Does anyone recall or have a list of all the service changes on the day of the DSTT closure? The web archive page isn't working, but I want to know when the extension of Route 301 to firdale avenue was deleted

Sure but the reason rt. 301 says no more commuter inbound Seattle via I-5 freeway from North a very long traffic very awful someone and now cut move to a new place at Northgate Station transferred to Rail Link through Seattle.

6 minutes ago, AmaryahJohnson1996 said:

Sure but the reason rt. 301 says no more commuter inbound Seattle via I-5 freeway from North a very long traffic very awful someone and now cut move to a new place at Northgate Station transferred to Rail Link through Seattle.

Yes, but this routing was deleted before the Northgate link, so maybe a couple of service changes ago, and I want to know metros reasoning for deleting this portion, that used to look like this

Screenshot_20211005-222828.png

It wasn't a part in downtown if that's what you thought I meant, it was a part of the route in Richmond Beach

10 minutes ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

Yes, but this routing was deleted before the Northgate link, so maybe a couple of service changes ago, and I want to know metros reasoning for deleting this portion, that used to look like this

Screenshot_20211005-222828.png

It wasn't a part in downtown if that's what you thought I meant, it was a part of the route in Richmond Beach

Oh, I see and the last 2000’s mid and but I did not start with that bus Metro program another route in Seattle.

6 hours ago, Kennys bus drawings said:

Has anyone else noticed these abnormally large numbers on 2812? I searched online and couldn't find another image of these numbers besides this video screenshot.

2812.png

I have, I don't know why they did that, but I do know that 2763 had large numbers like that in the exact same place. Maybe they were gonna swap out the smaller numbers for bigger ones then decided against it?

• Like 1

I just wanted to swing by to ask anyone to update the 2600-2812 page on CPTDB wiki. I'd do it myself, but I don't know how to make an account on there.

Here is a list of active units:

All are stored at North Base. Take this list with a grain of salt, however, we may see a few 2600's return from retirement back into service. On another side note, although it has been out since June, I've ascertained that 2600 has been undergoing tests for new ORCA card scanning devices at Atlantic Base. I saw it in a different spot then where it was for several months on Friday the 8th at A.B.. I think we'll see it running on Monday the 11th. If not, at least sometime this week. Also, I swung by the South Base Boneyard and I've found out that coach 2766 is the DE60LF that will be preserved by MEHVA.

• Like 2

4700, the first of the "official(?)" XE40 has been delivered:

On 10/4/2021 at 8:15 AM, Kennys bus drawings said:

So apparently 303 is a north base route now? And Atlantic base tranferred their 2600s to north base also?

New routes 16 and 79 operates out of Central
New routes 20, 302, 320, 322 operates out of North
Route 12 moved to Central
Routes 31 & 32 moved to Ryerson
Route 45 and 268 moved to East
Route 167's Ryerson trips moved to South
Route 303 moved to North

• Like 1