King County Metro - Seattle, Washington

Orion VIII

45 minutes ago, Amaryah Johnson said:

I saw check on the internet for CPTDB Wiki for Sound Transit coach number 9660's 31 series then maybe they are forget this day date list on the CPTDB Wiki? ST agencies with King County Metro.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Sound_Transit_9660-9690

ST doesn't operate, store, or maintain any buses.  They partner with KCM, Pierce Transit, and Community Transit* for those services.  Each of the three agencies are responsible for a given set of routes, and ST assigns vehicles to them as necessary.  The vehicles are ordered to the specifications of that particular agency.  There have been a few instances in the last 21 years of STExpress history where the vehicles were reassigned.

*CT subcontracts out the operations of the ST (and their own commuter routes) to First Transit.  Someone else will have to chime in but I think CT maintains all buses they own and have been assigned by CT.

• 2 weeks later...

KCM's September Service Change:

https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro/schedules-maps/service-change.aspx?fbclid=IwAR32hGozW2EMGq8kAq6pnSEErs-uw0mGviO87S4qtIvakzMJAvTSCMScIO4

Looks like a lot of the network is being gutted even if COVID-related service changes were to go away tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So from what I can tell (and have heard on the radio), the rest of the 2600s will likely be retired (or at least parked) by October 1st. That's when Metro will  start collecting fares again (meaning front door boarding), and they aren't getting the driver shields that the rest of the fleet is getting. I suppose some of them could stay in service after that date, but it would be rather confusing to riders if some buses are still rear-door-only boarding...

Seems a bit abrupt to me, especially since there aren't any new buses coming to replace them, but I guess all the cuts to peak service mean that there isn't as much demand on the fleet right now. Central, which is the only base that still has a substantial fleet of 2600s, has already been getting all sorts of buses transferred over from other bases to start to replace the 2600s.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

With most of the Eastside's commuter service suspended, along with a fair bit in the rest of the network, there certainly was extra artic capacity.  But retiring all remaining 2600s at once will make things pretty tight again.

Looks to me like we have the following movements, so far (and there are still quite a few 2600s running today, so more movements are probably coming):

• Ryerson sends three-door XDE60s (so far all in the newer 8200 series) to Central, partially replacing 2600s.
  • East sends DE60LFRs to Atlantic, partially replacing 2600s.
  • South sends two-door XDE60s to Ryerson, partially replacing the three-door ones that went to Central.

Seems like the new artic hybrid fleet will be:

Atlantic: DE60LFR
Central: three-door XDE60
East: two-door XDE60, and maybe a few extra DE60LFR
North: mix of 2008-9 DE60LF and DE60LFR
Ryerson: mix of two- and three-door XDE60
South: mix of DE60LFR and two-door XDE60

2 hours ago, David L said:

Looks like seven 2600s are still in service today.

Can't say I'll miss the 2600s. I never got excited when one pulled up. I suppose they performed fairly well over their 15-16 year lifespan -- although isn't that somewhat abbreviated by Metro standards?

Otherwise, how is life now that service cuts have taken effect? Glad I went out of my way to ride the 47 when I did!

7 hours ago, David L said:

Looks like seven 2600s are still in service today.  Has anybody caught one, to see if they are collecting fares at the front?

Yeah, I saw a few of them on the 120 today, and they are collecting fares as normal even though they don't have driver shields installed. I guess Metro isn't quite as worried about that as I had thought they were. Looks like there are at least 19 of them in service today per Pantograph.

In addition to the fleet moves mentioned above, some of the 6800s from North have moved to South, and some of the 6900s from various bases that had ended up at Central have also moved to South. I wonder if they're moving older buses to South with the expectation that they'll be retired when the electric buses arrive. That's the only reason I can think for them moving the 8100s, which were ordered for suburban service, to Ryerson.

One other interesting move is that the D and E lines seem to have moved from Atlantic to Central. Many of the RapidRide coaches obviously moved over with them... but so did the ones wrapped in green that were intended to be used on normal routes, which Central seems to be using exclusively on the D and E lines. Meanwhile, the 120 seems to have moved back to Atlantic.

I've never understood any of Metro's choices with the 6800 DE60LFs since it got them. It seems to treat them almost as a single fleet with the DE60LFRs, which have a similar powertrain but very different body and interior.  It always seemed to me like the 6800s should have been consolidated at a single base, and I don't get the logic of moving just a few of them to South.

In the 40' department, seems that North sent a batch of its XDE40s back to South in exchange for a few more DE60LFRs from East. With reduced frequency on a bunch of core North routes, and social distancing capacity limits, I'm sure the artic capacity is needed up there.

On 9/29/2020 at 12:08 PM, David L said:

With most of the Eastside's commuter service suspended, along with a fair bit in the rest of the network, there certainly was extra artic capacity.  But retiring all remaining 2600s at once will make things pretty tight again.

Looks to me like we have the following movements, so far (and there are still quite a few 2600s running today, so more movements are probably coming):

• Ryerson sends three-door XDE60s (so far all in the newer 8200 series) to Central, partially replacing 2600s.
  • East sends DE60LFRs to Atlantic, partially replacing 2600s.
  • South sends two-door XDE60s to Ryerson, partially replacing the three-door ones that went to Central.

Seems like the new artic hybrid fleet will be:

Atlantic: DE60LFR
Central: three-door XDE60
East: two-door XDE60, and maybe a few extra DE60LFR
North: mix of 2008-9 DE60LF and DE60LFR
Ryerson: mix of two- and three-door XDE60
South: mix of DE60LFR and two-door XDE60

Hi man, I am not sure about and I saw a check on the internet for the bus about it more some half transferred coach number 6813,6815, 6816, 6818, 6819, 6821, 6822, 6824, 6825, 6826, 6827, and 6828 were moved from North to South Base after.

Hi, good everyone, I saw a check on the internet for about it the bus RapidRide New Flyer DE60LFR (93) Series. The final built of DE60LFR required? It lists who coach number (6117) DE60LFR - the final built of DE60LFR 2013 bus possible and I think so? RapidRide own with King County Metro in the Seattle Area. Also, because of I saw check on the internet for CPTDB Wiki about it King County Metro is lists thing fleet.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_6075-6117

2017-03-24 15.20.33.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, October 2, 2010. At 7 or 8 evenings.

Federal Way Transit Center.

I found my old pictures from 10 years ago. On the first day on October 2, 2010, about the bus old route 174 replace by new brand RapidRide for A Line. It coach number (6016) New Flyer DE60LFA on A Line from Federal Way to Tukwila via Pacific Highway S.

216830_213137142045906_7877001_n_213137142045906.jpg

216045_213137092045911_8150040_n_213137092045911.jpg

216089_213137148712572_439129_n_213137148712572.jpg

216891_213137118712575_6854729_n_213137118712575.jpg

• Like 1

Monday, November 6, 2017. 14:19.

Yes, I know I saw the bus the front type signing what wrong way next one mistake address had an issue. It so sometimes eventually. The white man the front driver because of complaining he was irritated then tired often time annoyed by people at the front door. He said no change fixed type signed gives up then he ignores the front type signing. That's interesting. Before the last moment, I rode the bus coach number (8151), too from HCC to FWTC via Pacific Highway S earlier.

It was a SubtituteBus RapidRideSubstitute coach number (8151) XDE60 special for A Line. 2017 Bus.

2017-11-06 14.19.52.jpg

• Like 1

I do find it a little odd that they're talking so much about the retirement of the 1100s right now, though. They haven't been in service since March, when the route 200 was suspended as part of the COVID service reductions. I'm surprised they've even kept them on property for this long!

• Like 1

Friday, June 29, 2018. 10:14 am.
It was a SubstituteBus RapidRideSubstitute coach number (8284) XDE60 color is blue special for A Line Tukwila Station via Pacific Highway S. 2018 Bus.

IMG_0347.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:39 AM, Amaryah Johnson said:
Monday, November 6, 2017. 14:19.

Yes, I know I saw the bus the front type signing what wrong way next one mistake address had an issue. It so sometimes eventually. The white man the front driver because of complaining he was irritated then tired often time annoyed by people at the front door. He said no change fixed type signed gives up then he ignores the front type signing. That's interesting. Before the last moment, I rode the bus coach number (8151), too from HCC to FWTC via Pacific Highway S earlier.

It was a SubtituteBus RapidRideSubstitute coach number (8151) XDE60 special for A Line. 2017 Bus.

2017-11-06 14.19.52.jpg

@aznichiro115

I have one my picture for the bus new brand RapidRide with ad-wrapped color is green coach number (6261) XDE60 on route 197.

Last on Tuesday, January 7, 2020. 7:41 am.

11 Place S, & S 320th St, Federal Way.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_6242-6269

@aznichiro115, May you need put input coach number 6261 XDE60 on the CPDTB wiki list for the picture request and I can't access make it in Edit wiki. @CPTDB_Admin

IMG_1855.JPG

• Like 1

6261 has also been unwrapped. I would have thought that non-RapidRide coaches would have been in shorter supply right now with most of the 2600s gone, but they've been using them primarily on the RapidRide lines, so who knows.

And speaking of the 2600s, I've seen a few of them with shields installed. I guess the fleet people realized that retiring all of them wasn't going to be practical (which was becoming obvious seeing as I kept hearing about coach shortages and seeing 40-footers on routes that they really shouldn't be)... I wonder if some of the ones that had been parked might come back into service, even. It seems like there are 20-30 of them currently in use.