King County Metro - Seattle, Washington

Orion VIII

18 minutes ago, clarkwang96 said:

one day they will be moved. it doesn't mean now. you said no it won't but one day, it's gonna happen in the future.

and D40LF and D60LF is gonna plan to retired next year in 2017. 

Yes, they could be moved in the future, no one is saying they won't in the future. They could be moved to any base in the system. But at this time, there is no plans, and no reason to send any more 7200's anywhere else. They may move in the future, but until that happens nobody know to where or how many, so we can't answer your question. When and if it happens, you'll know when it happens. 

So now that you know this, and that all remaining 40' diesel Gilligs belong to Bellevue Base, we can put this subject to rest

2 minutes ago, pnwelevator said:

Do we have to LIST all the remaining Phantoms that are left for you???

and yes both 3364 & 3371 have been gone for A WHILE now.

are they retired? or in storage?

they should update whether if retired or not?

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_3700-3759 they should definitely update some changes on this. 3723 and 3745 are not at South anymore. 3723 is at Bellevue Base and 3745 is at North Base.

2 minutes ago, clarkwang96 said:

The ones that are retired are retired in South's "boneyard" which is basically their graveyard, now like Casey said, let's put this subject to rest. We've given you all the info you need, so let's put this subject to rest.

5 minutes ago, caseyrs77 said:

Yes, they could be moved in the future, no one is saying they won't in the future. They could be moved to any base in the system. But at this time, there is no plans, and no reason to send any more 7200's anywhere else. They may move in the future, but until that happens nobody know to where or how many, so we can't answer your question. When and if it happens, you'll know when it happens. 

So now that you know this, and that all remaining 40' diesel Gilligs belong to Bellevue Base, we can put this subject to rest

yeah exactly okay.

1 minute ago, clarkwang96 said:

OMG!!! Enough already.  Retired, not in service, scrapped, all of the above. The list is not maintained by King County Metro, it is maintained by people in this  discussion board. Yes it could be updated, there are a lot more retired then show on this list.  The information on these fleet lists, are not always accurate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pnwelevator said:

The ones that are retired are retired in South's "boneyard" which is basically their graveyard, now like Casey said, let's put this subject to rest.

i understand i mentioned a lot. but that's what i saw and i'm just saying what it is. and i'm just saying as opinion. sorry to bring up too much

1 minute ago, caseyrs77 said:

OMG!!! Enough already.  Retired, not in service, scrapped, all of the above. The list is not maintained by King County Metro, it is maintained by people in this  discussion board. Yes it could be updated, there are a lot more retired then show on this list.  The information on these fleet lists, are not always accurate.

k.

2 hours ago, clarkwang96 said:

one day they will be moved. it doesn't mean now. you said no it won't but one day, it's gonna happen in the future.

and D40LF and D60LF is gonna plan to retired next year in 2017. 

They wanted to retire the D40LFs and D60LFs even sooner to boast an "all-hybrid fleet" but they're still kicking because of increased service need.

The D60s are still going strong these days too. I wouldn't be surprised if the non-hybrid LFs stick around longer than 2017.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 10:30 PM, clarkwang96 said:

i understand i mentioned a lot. but that's what i saw and i'm just saying what it is. and i'm just saying as opinion. sorry to bring up too much

k.

If you like, we can bring in Garrett Morris from the New York School for the Hard of Hearing to assist you. LOL :)

I drove by Northwest bus sales today and saw one of the ex UW husky shuttle coaches there. I couldn't tell if it was ex Metro or not, as the spot in front of Northwest Bus Sales was about the only spot moving today. Also saw a 4200 series breda (or parts coach in the new livery) at the bottom of the scrap pile at General Metals in Tacoma 

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_3700-3759

this information from this site needs to be changed. 3723 and 3745 are not in the South Base. 3723 is now at Bellevue Base and 3745 is now at North Base.

by the way, who's the one that does the editing and adding what base is these buses belong to?

On June 9, 2016 at 7:59 AM, maximase86 said:

If you like, we can bring in Garrett Morris from the New York School for the Hard of Hearing to assist you. LOL :)

no. i don't have hearing problems okay.

15 hours ago, busdude.com said:

I drove by Northwest bus sales today and saw one of the ex UW husky shuttle coaches there. I couldn't tell if it was ex Metro or not, as the spot in front of Northwest Bus Sales was about the only spot moving today. Also saw a 4200 series breda (or parts coach in the new livery) at the bottom of the scrap pile at General Metals in Tacoma 

Sounds like it's nearing the end of days for the Bredas finally. Might need to catch a ride or two one of these days.

10 hours ago, clarkwang96 said:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/King_County_Metro_Transit_3700-3759

this information from this site needs to be changed. 3723 and 3745 are not in the South Base. 3723 is now at Bellevue Base and 3745 is now at North Base.

by the way, who's the one that does the editing and adding what base is these buses belong to?

no. i don't have hearing problems okay.

Apparently you do because this was answered a few posts up. 

On 6/6/2016 at 10:30 PM, caseyrs77 said:

3 hours ago, anonymous guy said:

At this stage in its lifespan, will they even bother repairing the coach to put it back into service?

A broken pole, most likely. I have seen some C40LFs get rebuilt front ends only to be in service for another year maybe two before final retirement. Unless its major damage (Accident, Major Drivetrain Failure), most of the time if the unit is in service and the fleet is not actively in the replacement process they will repair them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anonymous guy said:

At this stage in its lifespan, will they even bother repairing the coach to put it back into service?

A broke pole is in the grand scheme of things a minor repair.

Remember, all of the first batch of 4300s are in service. Any remaining 4100s will remain until delivery begins on the option order.

• Like 1

Makes sense if it is a simple repair. I wasn't aware that there were no further 4300s incoming at this time.

Originally before they ordered the Xcelsior trolleys, it was rumored that King County would be obtaining numbers less than the previous Gillig (100) and Breda (59) fleets. With service demands, numbers presumably changed. Looking at wiki information, the roster lists 110 XT40s and 63 XT60s. If all of the current 4300s are in service, then have service demands increased to the point where they need to hang onto a sizeable number of Gilligs alongside the 110 XT40 units?

2 minutes ago, anonymous guy said:

Makes sense if it is a simple repair. I wasn't aware that there were no further 4300s incoming at this time.

Originally before they ordered the Xcelsior trolleys, it was rumored that King County would be obtaining numbers less than the previous Gillig (100) and Breda (59) fleets. With service demands, numbers presumably changed. Looking at wiki information, the roster lists 110 XT40s and 63 XT60s. If all of the current 4300s are in service, then have service demands increased to the point where they need to hang onto a sizeable number of Gilligs alongside the 110 XT40 units?

They ordered the coaches during King County's flawed recession-forever budget and revenue forecasting model. They were assuming that service cuts would lead to a reduction in the peak sign out of trolley coaches. This is the same reason why we still have a ton of 2300s running as well as a healthy amount of 3200s. These were all life extended as service held steady and has begun to increase - Metro is behind on their capital purchases.

The first batch of 4300s was for 85 units. We have them, and they are in service. An option order was placed for additional 4300s, bringing us up to 110. Those coaches have not begun production. I don't remember if we're getting all the artics now and a few more later or if the 63 we ordered was the original number.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, anonymous guy said:

Originally before they ordered the Xcelsior trolleys, it was rumored that King County would be obtaining numbers less than the previous Gillig (100) and Breda (59) fleets.

Right, 18 fewer:

http://kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/NewsCenter/NewsReleases/2013/June/nr06172013_trolleycontract.aspx

There were plenty of people, myself included, pushing Metro to order more and expand the trolley network.  Apparently they were more risk adverse than they said during the study--originally they had called for a 1:1 replacement.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, northwesterner said:

The first batch of 4300s was for 85 units. We have them, and they are in service. An option order was placed for additional 4300s, bringing us up to 110. Those coaches have not begun production. I don't remember if we're getting all the artics now and a few more later or if the 63 we ordered was the original number.

25 minutes ago, Atomic Taco said:

Right, 18 fewer:

http://kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/NewsCenter/NewsReleases/2013/June/nr06172013_trolleycontract.aspx

There were plenty of people, myself included, pushing Metro to order more and expand the trolley network.  Apparently they were more risk adverse than they said during the study--originally they had called for a 1:1 replacement.

Thanks for the clarification - since 141 units was the initial number of trolley coaches Metro wanted, would it be safe to assume Metro will have 85 XT40s and 56 XT60s on hand when deliveries are completed?

Then until the options are exercised, Metro would keep about 25 Gilligs and 7 Bredas for the foreseeable future?

The initial order was for:

• 86 XT40 coaches
  • 55 XT60 coaches

That would have decreased the total number of trolleybuses in the fleet by 18 coaches since at the time the order was placed, Metro was planning to cut service (as a part of the cost-saving measures amid the economic downturn). Instead, the agency ended up expanding service after Seattle voters approved a transportation benefit district.

As a result in early 2015 the order was increased to:

• 110 XT40 coaches
  • 64 XT60 coaches

Metro will almost certainly place another order (not sure if it can be an option order) for more trolleybuses configured for the RapidRide+ routes. Since the Madison BRT calls for 60-foot buses, I assume they would order XT60 coaches with 5 doors (3 curbside, 2 streetside), possibly a powered middle axle (for the big hills on Madison), and yes, the red livery.

23 minutes ago, rickycourtney said:

Metro will almost certainly place another order (not sure if it can be an option order) for more trolleybuses configured for the RapidRide+ routes. Since the Madison BRT calls for 60-foot buses, I assume they would order XT60 coaches with 5 doors (3 curbside, 2 streetside), possibly a powered middle axle (for the big hills on Madison), and yes, the red livery.

Assuming I broke the contract down properly last year, there are 46 EUs/23 buses remaining on the trolley contract with New Flyer, so they could acquire up to 23 more trolleys in any configuration (40 or 60 foot) via this contract.  This is because SFMTA used a lot of the options.

I imagine it wouldn't be much of an issue to change the specifications to accommodate Madison BRT as the SFMTA and KCM specs differ somewhat.