Waiting for 30 Minutes's Photos and Videos

Waiting for 30 Minutes's:

Transit Photos | YouTube Videos | Blog

As you may notice while browsing the first six pages of this topic, many of my old posts have become very out of date, and I've replaced them with a NOT IN SERVICE sign. Please go to the end for the most recent updates. You can always navigate me entire gallery from its home page. Some of the links in posts may lead to the same pictures, because the earlier links were of photos that have since been replaced.

On every update AFTER Friday March 26, 2010, an 'R' after the link to the photo means that photo has replaced an older photo of the same bus.

I could be wrong in this choice. But I may run the "88A" right up bathurst to davis drive, then over to the NewMarket GO Terminal. Then the route "30" I may run along St. Johns sideroad to Bathurst, south on bathurst to Orchard Heights, North On Meadowood Drive, west on Heathwood Heights Drive, north on bathurst, east on Davis Drive to route.

IMO the 33 branches are way too confusing as well. What I may have done is instead re-route the route 31 possibly north on Yonge, West on Aurora Heights to Bathurst (for connections to "88A"), north on Bathurst to Orchard Heights, East on Orchard Heights to Yonge, to route, OR do it the other way, north on Yonge to Orchard Heights, west on Orchard Heights to Bathurst, South on Bathurst to Aurora Heights, East on Aurora Heights to Yonge.

Eliminate the "33A" branch that you have and always have the "33" run along Wellington to Bathurst, north on Bathurst to Aurora Heights, south on McLeod Drive to Wellington, East on Wellington to State farm. The "33A" or "33B" branch (however you want to number it) might run east of hwy 404. IMO no need to route the 33 bus through the NE subdivision of Bayview/Wellington.

The 32 could now be re-routed to where the "33B" would have run south of Wellington road, running Murray north to Kennedy road, then westbound Kennedy road to Windham Trail, North on Windham Trail to Timpson Drive, then you could either run it Wellington to Aurora go station, OR run it Timpson to Sisman Drive, to Kennedy Road to Yonge, north on Yonge to Wellington to Aurora GO Station, OR another option to run it Murray north to Trillium Drive, west to either Cranberry Lane OR Timberline Trail to Highland Gate to Bathurst, north on Bathurst to Kennedy Road, East on Kennedy Road to Yonge, To Wellington to Aurora GO Station.

And to be honest I don't know how important and feasible it really is to completley re-route the 54A along Hartwell way and Conover Ave. Don't forget about trying to operate "grid" routes as much as possible as well for the "major" routes.

Just my 10 cents worth..... Since I've spent quite a bit of time in Aurora in my past.. ^_^

I could be wrong in this choice. But I may run the "88A" right up bathurst to davis drive, then over to the NewMarket GO Terminal. Then the route "30" I may run along St. Johns sideroad to Bathurst, south on bathurst to Orchard Heights, North On Meadowood Drive, west on Heathwood Heights Drive, north on bathurst, east on Davis Drive to route.

IMO the 33 branches are way too confusing as well. What I may have done is instead re-route the route 31 possibly north on Yonge, West on Aurora Heights to Bathurst (for connections to "88A"), north on Bathurst to Orchard Heights, East on Orchard Heights to Yonge, to route, OR do it the other way, north on Yonge to Orchard Heights, west on Orchard Heights to Bathurst, South on Bathurst to Aurora Heights, East on Aurora Heights to Yonge.

Eliminate the "33A" branch that you have and always have the "33" run along Wellington to Bathurst, north on Bathurst to Aurora Heights, south on McLeod Drive to Wellington, East on Wellington to State farm. The "33A" or "33B" branch (however you want to number it) might run east of hwy 404. IMO no need to route the 33 bus through the NE subdivision of Bayview/Wellington.

The 32 could now be re-routed to where the "33B" would have run south of Wellington road, running Murray north to Kennedy road, then westbound Kennedy road to Windham Trail, North on Windham Trail to Timpson Drive, then you could either run it Wellington to Aurora go station, OR run it Timpson to Sisman Drive, to Kennedy Road to Yonge, north on Yonge to Wellington to Aurora GO Station, OR another option to run it Murray north to Trillium Drive, west to either Cranberry Lane OR Timberline Trail to Highland Gate to Bathurst, north on Bathurst to Kennedy Road, East on Kennedy Road to Yonge, To Wellington to Aurora GO Station.

And to be honest I don't know how important and feasible it really is to completley re-route the 54A along Hartwell way and Conover Ave. Don't forget about trying to operate "grid" routes as much as possible as well for the "major" routes.

Just my 10 cents worth..... Since I've spent quite a bit of time in Aurora in my past.. ^_^

NISmall.png

This post is out of date. Please check more recent post for updates.

While we're discussing this, I may as well throw in my Aurora map I did a while ago:

daimlerbuses' Aurora map

A note about the 30 and 31: It is not feasible to interline them because the area where 30 serves is under development and eventually have to be extended, when that time happens 30 could be taken off of Yonge. The only reason 30 and 31 are drawn down Yonge to Aurora shopping centre is because the runtime allows for it and to even out the frequency, as well as to try and attract ridership (more convenient trip). This is why I hate the 33/33A setup right now, the runtime is way too tight (no room to expand when the time calls).

Oh and to Wilson: there is NO WAY a bus will be able to go down Kennedy around and easy of Yonge - that street is WAY too narrow. As well, there's on street parking in that section, which also adds to problems...

My personal notes about the Newmarket map:

- Instead of looping 59's north section via Green Lane, do it via Stellar and Pony. There's more to serve along those roads rather than Ringwell. There's nothing really north of Ringwell in that general area.

- The Bristol/London-Main Street area is inundated with transit loops. Cut the route 54 back to Davis drive and have it loop at Parkside and Queen, back. This gives this residential area some transit service as well. Might want to keep a rush-hour service to EG Station though.

- Eliminate the 56 loop into Upper Canada Mall. I know, YRT presently does it, but so many routes serve it, I don't see a real need for this loop.

- Axe 56 service from Harry Walker. With route 59, and only a few industrial factories along that route, there's no real need for two routes serving the road.

- Extend 98 to serve EG Station trains?

-