Washington State Ferries

BCT-3122-D800-10240

With the Hiyu returning to "standby" status and her future very uncertain... KING 5 decided to hop aboard the smallest ferry in the fleet for what could be one of her final revenue runs for the Washington State Ferries.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/seattle/2015/07/22/ferry-hiyu-makes-last-regular-trip/30550971/

• 2 weeks later...

The demolition of old pier at Mukilteo to make way for the new terminal. I think the way to address the car capacity issue they need to add one more Olympic Class along with M/V Tokitae also with overhead passenger walkway at Clinton.

http://m.kirotv.com/news/news/washington-state-ferries-begin-demolition-old-pier/nnFLw/

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/ferries/mukilteoterminal/multimodal/

• 5 weeks later...

Brem-Kitsap returns to Seattle/Bremerton route

The 124-vehicle Kitsap temporarily replaces the 90-vehicle Sealth on the Seattle/Bremerton route Sunday, Sept. 20 through Sunday, Oct. 11. The Sealth returns Monday, Oct. 12 until the end of October, when the 144-car Kaleetan and the 144-car Hyak are currently scheduled to provide service on this route.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/schedule/bulletin.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Faunt/Va/SW - Plan for Reduced Capacity, 10/25

Customers are advised to prepare for longer than usual wait times due to a temporary vessel downsizing on the Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth route. This temporary downsizing is needed to maintain a 3-boat sailing schedule while the Issaquah is out of service for necessary repairs. Beginning Sunday, Oct. 25, the F/V/S route will be served by the 87-car Tillikum, the 87-car Evergreen State and the 64-car Salish

M/V Salish will operate Fauntleroy / Vashon / Southworth will the M/V Issaquah under goes maintenance. I think the Evergreen State Class may be kept until WSF finds good back ships for the major of routes.

The Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth route has returned to full capacity with the Sealth and Kitsap replacing the Tillikum and Evergreen State. The galley on the Sealth is currently closed, and will re-open at 5:45am, Wednesday 11/4.

Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth has returned to normal capacity with the MV Sealth as the first vessel, the MV Kitsap as the second vessel and MV Issaquah as the third vessel.

It looks like 3 Issaquah Class vessels on the Vashon/Fauntleroy/Southworth route will now be the normal assignment. Previously that only happened due to maintenance/repairs of the reaular vessels.

That is good to hear that route will be serviced by the Issaquah Class vessels.

Faunt/Va/SW - Plan for Reduced Capacity on Monday, Nov. 9

On Monday, November 9, customers are advised to plan for reduced capacity due to a vessel downsizing on the Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth route. The route will be temporarily served by the 87-car Tillikum while the 124-car Issaquah is out of service for scheduled maintenance. The Tillikum galley will be closed on Monday. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Edmonds to Kingston is not operating due to the storm gate.

King - Update - Kingston/Edmonds Out Of Service

Due to high winds and the crossing arm down in Edmonds, the boats are unable to off load vehicles. This route is currently out of service at this time. Your alternate route will be Seattle/Bainbridge Island. Updates will occur as conditions change.

The M/V Hyak has replace the M/V Puyullap on the Seattle to Brainbridge Island. M/V Hyak was replace by M/V Issaquah on the Seattle to Bremerton route. I think if the Puyullap has been fixed the M/V Walla Walla will be shifted to the Seattle to Brainbridge Island while the M/V Hyak gets shifted to Edmonds to Kingston route.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/bainbridge-loses-one-of-its-big-ferries_08125195

The Puyallup was severely damaged this morning when it appears that a chain or a cable became wrapped around the propeller shaft. As seen in this video many of the bolts on the shaft were sheared off and at least one other was badly mangled.

Washington State Ferries says the Puyallup will be out of service for weeks and the repairs will require the ferry be put into dry dock. WSF says they hope to expedite the work currently being done on the Wenachee, I assume that's both to get a second Jumbo Mark II back in service and free up dry dock space for the Puyallup.

The M/V Hyak has replace the M/V Puyullap on the Seattle to Brainbridge Island. M/V Hyak was replace by M/V Issaquah on the Seattle to Bremerton route. I think if the Puyullap has been fixed the M/V Walla Walla will be shifted to the Seattle to Brainbridge Island while the M/V Hyak gets shifted to Edmonds to Kingston route.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/bainbridge-loses-one-of-its-big-ferries_08125195

I asked WSF about this today... they said --at this time-- they don't plan to reposition one of the Jumbo class ferries from the Edmonds-Kingston run down to Seattle-Bainbridge Island run.[/twitter]

I asked WSF about this today... they said --at this time-- they don't plan to reposition one of the Jumbo class ferries from the Edmonds-Kingston run down to Seattle-Bainbridge Island run.[/twitter]

That seems odd because they have put as Jumbo on Seattle to Bainbridge with no other Jumbo Mark II available for route before so I don't understand why they aren't this time.

That seems odd because they have put as Jumbo on Seattle to Bainbridge with no other Jumbo Mark II available for route before so I don't understand why they aren't this time.

I wrote a fairly detailed post about this over on, you know, the ferry forum of which you are a member, today. That might be a better place to get a more focused discussion on the above.