Halton County discussion

Tom1122

Basically, this thread is about HCRR. You can talk about recent visits to there, discuss various projects, etc.

I went for the first time this year last Saturday. They only had two cars operating: 8 and 2894. TTC 8058 has been moved to the parking lot and is parked in between two ex HSR trolley coaches.

Ex TTC Flyer E700A #9339 was sent to the Illinois Railway Museum in 2007 in exchange for some spare parts for their interurbans. Last year, IRM stripped ex TTC 9348 for parts for 9339 and the body was scrapped.

Unlike HCRR, IRM has a place to run trolley buses and hopefully 9339 will be restored to operation soon. However, seeing the bus hasn't moved under its own power since 1992, who knows when that will be.

All the ex-TTC trolley buses are removed from the property as well. Not sure when that happened. Anybody know what happened to them?

• 1 month later...

Today I went to HCRR and cars 2894, 327 and 8 were running. W-30 was over the pit being prepared for Halloween. 416's trucks have been disassembled for work.

PCC 4600 is out of service for at least the summer having body work done.

• 2 years later...

Bump.

Yesterday at HCRR, I learned former TTC Flat motor RT-28 has been scrapped. HCRR had been hoping to buy a crane for it but they couldn't get it. The car was used as a trailer while at HCRR and several years ago it had one of its cabs removed.

• 8 months later...

Let's bump this thread.

I plan to visit it with friends in the upcoming weeks so I'm wondering if they have a schedule showing which vehicles are operational and can be rode on which specific days?

Does the $12 admission including riding them or just entrance fee?

Thanks.

The admission fee allows unlimited rides on whatever HCRR has running on the day you visit. However, they don't have a schedule for which cars run on which days. Though some of these cars are the most likely candidates that will operate when you visit:

8, 327, 2424, 2894, and W-30.

The admission fee allows unlimited rides on whatever HCRR has running on the day you visit. However, they don't have a schedule for which cars run on which days. Though some of these cars are the most likely candidates that will operate when you visit:

8, 327, 2424, 2894, and W-30.

I am hoping to see the TTC subway (either or both versions) out and running. Do they even run them now?