Greater Golden Horseshoe Transit

Waterloo Region Rapid Transit

21 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Spotted in Belleville today. Image may contain: sky, train, plant and outdoor

That would be 511 - it is the first vehicle to have the full suite of the required onboard equipment installed to be delivered. 512 should follow in the next week or so, and 513 the week after that.

The latest update is here: https://calendar.regionofwaterloo.ca/Council/Detail/2018-09-19-1900-Council/CA2018-0919.pdf#page=13

Dan

• Like 1

Well, I guess now its confirmed. Last noights Planning and Works Commitee was updated by Grandlinq. Ion has once again been delayed till April or May citing difficulties with Bombardier. I feel for the folks who are employees of Keolis and thos who are waiting for this thing to get going for their jobs to start.

17 hours ago, D4500 said:

Well, I guess now its confirmed. Last noights Planning and Works Commitee was updated by Grandlinq. Ion has once again been delayed till April or May citing difficulties with Bombardier. I feel for the folks who are employees of Keolis and thos who are waiting for this thing to get going for their jobs to start.

It's too bad that Bombardier is getting the blame when much of it is actually with Grandlinq.

Dan

5 hours ago, andreymrklv said:

Good day! No one will tell me how many Freedom vehicles delivered to Waterloo? Can someone make a roster of cars by years of building?

With the delivery of 510 earlier this week, the last car from their roster of 14 that they are missing is 501, which was returned to Bombardier in Milhaven for upgrades to the production specifications and the installation of the Region-mandated and supplied special equipment. It sounds as if it should be on the property before the end of the year.

Dan

On 11/25/2018 at 9:22 AM, smallspy said:

With the delivery of 510 earlier this week, the last car from their roster of 14 that they are missing is 501, which was returned to Bombardier in Milhaven for upgrades to the production specifications and the installation of the Region-mandated and supplied special equipment. It sounds as if it should be on the property before the end of the year.

Dan

Hi, we're actually still waiting on 514 to arrive and 501 to come back. According to a CTV report from this past weekend they're both expected to arrive this week. Heard from sources they've both been shipped but I'm not 100% on that.

I started a page for you guys btw :Phttps://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Ion_501-514 

On 11/26/2018 at 4:17 PM, Jason L said:

Hi, we're actually still waiting on 514 to arrive and 501 to come back.

It appears that is correct. I was missing a line on my spreadsheet. My apologies.

Dan

12 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Two unmarked Ion cars just passed through Guelph 20 seconds ago.

Cool, that would have been our last two cars and they're now in Lancaster yard!

They're somewhat marked :P 501 has yellow tape on it and 514 has the number "16" taped on the windshield for Bombardier car 16 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Thanks for this! Looking at my spreadsheet, I have Feb. 27, 2017 as the offloading date for car 501, not Feb 24. Can anyone confirm which date is correct?

Looks like that is correct for the offloading date - but 501 had a bit of a unique experience in that it was brought down from the siding to the OMSF on the morning of the 24th (Friday) then sat there on the flatcar until the morning of the 27th (Monday) when it was finally offloaded. Probably some more details to work out back then as it was the first offload.

My thought on the wiki page was to use the date that the LRV was brought into the OMSF from the siding as the "delivery date" which for the other LRVs was the same as the offload date but for 501's first trip was not.