M. Parsons

Medicine Hat Transit

There are six X?40s on a field near the airport, look like they haven't entered service yet. Unfortunately I was driving several blocks away so couldn't grab fleet numbers. They're in the current gross orange scheme. Medicine Hat's previous early 2000s scheme looked more modern than the orange they have now. Branding fail!

Does anyone know why the route numbers are so high and spread apart? It is a bit unusual, although does make service areas very clear.

Apparently these are XN40 CNG units!

So, my dad and I headed to Lethbridge today, and we stopped in Medicine Hat. I spotted the following buses (no order)

759 (New CNG Xcelsior)

Unknown Arboc

745 (red/blue scheme)

Unknown Arboc leaving bus garage

At garage in storage yard:

At bus terminal:

758 (new CNG Xcelsior)

745 (red/blue scheme)

741 (red/blue scheme)

743 (red/blue scheme)

754 (new CNG Xcelsior)

I'll post some pictures I captured today on Monday.

I am currently in Lethbridge, so this is all the information I was able to collect from the pictures I got.

So, my dad and I headed to Lethbridge today, and we stopped in Medicine Hat. I spotted the following buses (no order)

759 (New CNG Xcelsior)

758 (new CNG Xcelsior)

754 (new CNG Xcelsior)

So what are 756 and 757? XN40's as well?

Here are some of my pictures from Friday. Enjoy!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I find it interesting that Medicine Hat's Xcelciors only have one signal light above each wheel, while my picture of 749 shows two lights above each wheel... Interesting, nonetheless. Interesting taillight setup the Xcelsiors have too.

Has Medicine Hat retired any of their Eldorados?

Apparently since I am seeing in other sources that 783 is now Fort Erie Transit. I never heard anything of them getting rid of their Eldorado's until yesterday when I read that Fort Erie got 783..

Apparently since I am seeing in other sources that 783 is now Fort Erie Transit. I never heard anything of them getting rid of their Eldorado's until yesterday when I read that Fort Erie got 783..

781 and 784 are also apparently at Can-Ar's yard in Vaughan, ON. Their subsidiary company TOK Transit is the contractor for Fort Erie Transit.

What buses, if any, were retired when the 2014 XN40s entered into service over a year ago? The original staff report recommended the replacement of 4 New Flyer buses, although now with the 5 ElDorados gone (and no further reports of any new deliveries) I'm guessing they were retired instead.

They picked up the two ETS C40LFR's which were supposed to retire older diesels, and, the report that supported their purchase noted that it would mean consistency and standardization in their fleet. I guess you could read into that as sending the ElDorado's packing.

They picked up the two ETS C40LFR's which were supposed to retire older diesels, and, the report that supported their purchase noted that it would mean consistency and standardization in their fleet. I guess you could read into that as sending the ElDorado's packing.

or service changes that they do not need the 30ft buses anymore? Those Eldorados sitting at Can-ar now look very decent and doesn't look beat up at all that they have to get rid of

or service changes that they do not need the 30ft buses anymore? Those Eldorados sitting at Can-ar now look very decent and doesn't look beat up at all that they have to get rid of

What you said, 30ft oddball fleet is they don't need anymore!

I visited Medicine Hat this week during my vacation and photographed both C40LFR's in service.  Also was told by staff that the Eldorado's are all gone.  Purchased by a company in Ontario and as some of us already know, a few are already in service operating in Ontario.

Here are some images of the C40LFR's.  Oh and 760 is ex-ETS 6007 and 761 is ex-ETS 6008.

210416-4355mht761.jpg

210416-4367mht761.jpg

220416-4414mht760.jpg

• Like 1