M. Parsons

Medicine Hat Transit

actually 766 is currently being use for a school run in the morning and afternoon we do have new busses 748 749 750 also recieved end of april 751 752 and 753 all D40LFRs and 781 782 783 784 and 785 EZ Rider II

Welcome aboard! Fresh intel out of Medicine Hat is appreciated!

That does it! I need to get to Medicine Hat A.S.A.P.!! The newest D40LFR's with the smoothside style windows! Neat! I wonder if their newest Eldorados have the same or not.

thanks everyone glad to be here. i was driving an eldorado tonight they are nice lookin a/c is awsome but they are so choppy and you feel every bump ur back kills u after an 8 hr shift

we also have 2 new special transit buses and they are talkin about ordering more they have the same 2 tone orange design as the flyers

sentinelLG.jpg

thanks everyone glad to be here. i was driving an eldorado tonight they are nice lookin a/c is awsome but they are so choppy and you feel every bump ur back kills u after an 8 hr shift

we also have 2 new special transit buses and they are talkin about ordering more they have the same 2 tone orange design as the flyers

And yes I didn't mention earlier, but welcome to the board!

As for the choppy ride on the Eldorados, are they worse than the Champion Solos? And also, are any Solo's left running at all?

they are not as bad as the champions but give it a few yrs and they will be and yes special transit is using the champions for now just for the volume of people that use it i think they are using 2 or three not sure i don't do special

A few notes to add for the Medicine Hat Transit fleet after a trip there yesterday with friends.

Champion Solo #'s 775, 776, 778, 779, 780 seem to be the only remaining Solo's left in service and seem to be mainly used on the Specialized Transit Service that they operate. I was rather surprised to see and photograph 3 out of 4 the active units and those were 778 775, 779, 780. #776 was in the shops and I did get photos of that bus as well.

Here's an image of 776 inside the shops:

http://www.awesysnet.ca/cptdb/uploads/080610-9575mht776.jpg

Edited by MBTA9244-9640b

More images of MHT #776 incliuding a couple of interior shots can be found on my website along with 15 other new photos added to my MHT gallery at the following link:

http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta/hat/index.htm

And a shot of one of the new D40LFR's in the MHT fleet:

http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...-9625mht751.jpg

Edited by MBTA9244-9640b

Must be these two... #'s 726, 727. Photographed these back on June 8, 2010 when MHT allowed a couple of friends and myself into their city works yard.

I am not quite sure on the body manufacturer on this bus though. Looking at my images I can see they are International IC 3200's and they have Crestline logos, but from what I recall, Crestline is not actually a builder but rather a distributer.

EDIT #2: With the help from A. Wong, I went to this website: http://www.goshencoach.com/Sentinel.aspx ! So these are in fact Goshen Coach Sentinel on the International HD chassis.

Edit: Link to photos of the International HD 3200 Goshen Coach Sentinel now on my website: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...oshen/index.htm . In total I have added 24 new photos to my MHT Gallery today and here is the main link to the MHT Gallery: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta/hat/index.htm

Edited by MBTA9244-9640b

Visited Medicine Hat today, was allowed into the public works yard, lots of retired Solo's, Orion II's and Classics, plus one D40LF with broken windows.

Also got ELF 737, this isn't on the Wiki.

Visited Medicine Hat today, was allowed into the public works yard, lots of retired Solo's, Orion II's and Classics, plus one D40LF with broken windows.

The yard sounds exactly like it was when I was there just a month ago.

Also got ELF 737, this isn't on the Wiki.

Yes.... I need to get all the ELF buses added in on the WIKI. I may work on that later today. Thanks for the reminder.

I received an updated roster from Medicine Hat Transit today.

As posted earlier, Classic 766 has been retired. Also D40LF 770 has been retired. There is only one Champion Solo (775) that is active. It is still amazing that it is in service after all these years.

On the para-transit side, the newest buses are 720-725, 2010 Chevrolet Arbocs. ELF 731 (year 2000) has been retired. Other active para-transit buses are 726, 727 (2009 Sentinel bodied cutaways), 728,729 (2005 Ford E-450 Corbeil body cutaways), 732, 733 (2002 ELFs), 734-737 (2005 ELFs).

Am in Medicine Hat and seen a few of their arbocs. Noticed that there are difference amongst them. One has the roof mounted a/c while another one doesn't.

Didnt see any new buses.

Looked at the site thinking of doing one of my infamous fantasy transit maps, found nothing. :(

Looked at the site thinking of doing one of my infamous fantasy transit maps, found nothing. :(

Why bother doing something like that? It doesnt really contribute anything constructive to the thread.

There are six X?40s on a field near the airport, look like they haven't entered service yet. Unfortunately I was driving several blocks away so couldn't grab fleet numbers. They're in the current gross orange scheme. Medicine Hat's previous early 2000s scheme looked more modern than the orange they have now. Branding fail!

Does anyone know why the route numbers are so high and spread apart? It is a bit unusual, although does make service areas very clear.