Medicine Hat Transit

M. Parsons

Live! From highway 1!! At least 3 new buses.749 and 750 are D40LFRs and 781 is a EZ Rider II. They also have a new paint scheme. 2 tone orange wavy stripes. Classic 766 was at the garage. Appears active.

Where is Mrdicine Hat?

I fixed it..
LMAO! Thanks SMS! Anyways... Here's an image of one of the two D40LFR's and EZ Rider #781. Enjoy!
I think you meant 765, it was the only Classic left in service during my visit in 2007. 766 was parked in that city junk yard. Medicine Hat is about 300 km east of Calgary, if I remember correctly.
And here is an image of #766 showing it alive and very well. Very possible it was retired and then later returned to service because it was in better shape. I saw #765 back in 2005 and rode it back then and it was in pretty rough shape IMHO at that time. It may have been determained that #766 was in better shape so it had whatever was needed to return it to road worthy condition. Now, I haven't had time to check their website, but apparently there has been some route revisions or some sort or new routes. I don't remember what the sign said exactly that I saw earlier today but it was something about new routes. So #766 may have been returned to service because of those changes. I have photos of #765 retired at the MHT City yard taken on March 1, 2008 as well and I have attached those photos for you to see. Enjoy!

http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...-7210mht750.jpg

http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...-7228mht781.jpg

270409_7242mht766.jpg

010308_2446mht765.jpg

And here I have attached those photos for you to see. Enjoy!

Funny, it looks like the D40LFR had someone decalled their buses with that NFI badge still intact. Livery itself, I perfer the old one!

The arrival of the Eldorados can mark the end of the crappy Champion Solos..............the very last ones still running in Canada besides the very last one running in Ontario--Orillia Transit!!!

There not Champion, they're Loser bus manufacture!

The arrival of the Eldorados can mark the end of the crappy Champion Solos..............the very last ones still running in Canada besides the very last one running in Ontario--Orillia Transit!!!

Medicine Hat still has four Solos that are active. One is used regularly in specialized transit service and the other 3 rarely leave the garage.

By the way, I am assuming that they have 3 El Dorados because I saw 783 during a visit there this week. I will try to post photos as soon as I return.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
By the way, I am assuming that they have 3 El Dorados because I saw 783 during a visit there this week. I will try to post photos as soon as I return.

I just received an updated roster from Medicine Hat. They actually have 8 new buses, 3 New Flyer D40LFR (# 748-750) and 5 El Dorado EZ Rider II (781-785).

Kevin

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Here are a couple of pictures of Medicine Hat 745 - a 1974 T6H-4523N, serial C143. These were taken about 10 years ago, and I found them in a box while digging for some other photos. Anyone know when it retired?

MH_745_1974_T6H_4523N_C143.jpgMH_745.jpg

UPDATE - This bus is now with the Alberta Central Railway Museum, located near Wetaskiwin. They are making it roadworthy and plan to operate it for short trips. I feel a road trip coming up :D

Live! From highway 1!! At least 3 new buses.749 and 750 are D40LFRs and 781 is a EZ Rider II. They also have a new paint scheme. 2 tone orange wavy stripes. Classic 766 was at the garage. Appears active.

actually 766 is currently being use for a school run in the morning and afternoon we do have new busses 748 749 750 also recieved end of april 751 752 and 753 all D40LFRs and 781 782 783 784 and 785 EZ Rider II

new_flyer.jpg

actually 766 is currently being use for a school run in the morning and afternoon we do have new busses 748 749 750 also recieved end of april 751 752 and 753 all D40LFRs and 781 782 783 784 and 785 EZ Rider II

Oh nice, seamless window!

This means it's the end of the Champion Solo!