Friendly Bus

G.A

I don't think these are intended for conventional fixed-route transit service -- they're more suited for paratransit or shuttle service where fare collection isn't as much of an issue.

I don't particularly like their looks, but if they're functional, then more power to them.

The one in the TTC press release looks a lot better then the one that was spotted on the street IMO.....

That's because it was painted in Photoshop.

I don't think these are intended for conventional fixed-route transit service -- they're more suited for paratransit or shuttle service where fare collection isn't as much of an issue.

Bingo. Wheel-trans provides paratransit taxi services.

Dan

I've seen similar set ups being used by limo services, not low floor of course. Very weird looking IMHO, never been inside one though. I agree with who ever posted that if they would just add an aerodynamic piece on top of the drivers cab connecting it more to the passenger cabin.

I've seen similar set ups being used by limo services, not low floor of course. Very weird looking IMHO, never been inside one though. I agree with who ever posted that if they would just add an aerodynamic piece on top of the drivers cab connecting it more to the passenger cabin.

Agreed. Right now, it's just too chunky... the connection should look slick

What's your definition of 'slick'? Something you find satisfied with because it doesn't look chunky?

Umm... don't really know what you mean with your last sentence, but I guess the word I was looking for was sleek? Instead of 'slick'? Because right now, its an eyesore to me because the front cab part looks like it was just rammed into the back passenger area. I was thinking that it would look better if the connection was more harmonized.

Spotted W100 doing a pick up today.... I am not impressed!! The body WAS sagging where the cab meets (Although i think that is the way that it kneels) and i see that it sits lower then the ELFs....Hopefully if they paint the cab, it may have more curb appeal.....

Autobus Citadelle (the company that supplies STO's Paratransit) seems to buy something different every year, so I'm praying I never see these here.

I think it'll be a few years yet, though. Most of the fleet is currently 2008 Chevy-Startrans (2800, 2802, 2812, 2820, 2828, 2829, 2835, 2837, 2854, 2870, 2889, 2890, 2898, 2899) with a few '02-'04 Chevy-Girardins (2278, 2279, 2324, 2325,2458) and a couple of 2006 Ford-Girardins (2603, 2679).

Will any of these be used to replace the Orion IIs on the community bus routes?

I hope not, and I don`t think they will cuz they look like a newer version of The ELF.

Let`s hope that does not happen.

Oh god, those things are spreading like some sort of virus. I hope never too see such uglyness like that so-called "bus" here in New York.

Does this mean it will become known as the 'Swine bus'?

I know that there are people who want Kingston to get this, but so far they have said no as they are too low.

There **might** be a Friendly Bus in Ottawa, owned by the Elizabeth Bruyere. I only saw the left side of the bus at Rideau Centre yesterday afternoon.

I think I know what you're talking about, but it was on an older Ford Econoline chassis, and it wasn't quite as boxy, either.

• 1 month later...