GO Transit Enviro500

Centralsmt

That Enviro is looking really sharp in the new GO transit colours. Cant wait to see one on the road. Does anyone if 8000 has already departed Scotland? or are they waiting till the new Year?

On the subject of heights, Ontario's only other transit double decker is 4.32 meters high, 34ft long (Brampton's "garage queen" 8500).

At least we know that 8000 will be more aerodynamic than 8500 :P

That bus is so hXc! I can't wait until I rode on that bus for sure - the problem is that does this bus will be "exclusively" on the Highway 407 GO bus service?

Yes as it mentioned few times. Mind you the MTO is very strict when DD are going in certain places that bridges aren't clear on underpass.

Yeah, if you ever get a chance to ride the ones in Las Vegas, always full, always cramped, and when you finally get off it takes an hour to straighten you neck out again. :blink:

That's LV man! I've ridden the DD in Victoria and I had a nice ride. GO should be fine as long you exit the stairway early.

This is like the first time the E500 has an Allison too!

By standardizing, I wonder if it'll screw up that model since the tranny wasn't meant for it. Just like those stupid B500R6 on the V Subs.

I don't see how the model wasn't meant for it. Drivetrains are something that can be easily custom tailored to meet the needs/wants of any particular agency.

The Cummins ISM and Allison transmission (B400R/B500R) is certainly not unheard of. Its just a matter of making the Allison fit properly into the engine bay, something that can be easily customized during production. If Novabus, New Flyer and Orion can be flexible in building their buses to work with Allison or Voith or ZF transmissions, I don't see why Alexander-Dennis cannot do the same.

I don't see how the model wasn't meant for it. Drivetrains are something that can be easily custom tailored to meet the needs/wants of any particular agency.

The Cummins ISM and Allison transmission (B400R/B500R) is certainly not unheard of. Its just a matter of making the Allison fit properly into the engine bay, something that can be easily customized during production. If Novabus, New Flyer and Orion can be flexible in building their buses to work with Allison or Voith or ZF transmissions, I don't see why Alexander-Dennis cannot do the same.

I guess; Brampton was the first to order Voith on their LFS and it works great now.

I guess; Brampton was the first to order Voith on their LFS and it works great now.

Before that, Transit Windsor was the very first customer who ordered the LFS with Voith!

The ZF Transmission would be good for the Enviro 500 since it's design well for highway use and fuel economy, but the tremendous cost of maintenance is a different story which GO afraid they would not buy it again. Voith are good for stop and go use and hillclimbing.

So, Allison is cheaper and warranty does matter!

This is like the first time the E500 has an Allison too!

By standardizing, I wonder if it'll screw up that model since the tranny wasn't meant for it. Just like those stupid B500R6 on the V Subs.

With Series 50 for 40ft transit power, well it makes quite a difference on performance.

And I said that on the earlier thread that the Enviro 500 will be the first customer to have an Allison transmission.

• 2 months later...
One of my regular GO drivers said the new MCIs should be here by the end of the month, which will also prompt the retiring of the remaining 15**s. The Enviros are expected for mid-April.

You must not have read my post before posting, but as I said, some of the Enviro 500s will be here very soon.

• Root Admin
You must not have read my post before posting, but as I said, some of the Enviro 500s will be here very soon.

Yup. 4 of them for March, and the rest all arrive in April aparently. There will be a presentation on March 17th to show off the new buses.

Yup. 4 of them for March, and the rest all arrive in April aparently. There will be a presentation on March 17th to show off the new buses.

Did saw one of the Enviro 500 photo of 8004 from another group, apperantly for the first time in case if the bus hits all of a sudden, a tree branch bar installed on both sides on upper deck!

I think weekend service is going to start, in conjunction with the CCT-Airport-RHC service.

Once again, this will have to do with the height restriction. Which includes the Airport area where there are tons of low clearance!

Since they're only used on 407 service, does that mean they're banned on weekends? If not then what route will they go on?

This may happen one day if ready, there will be 407 weekend service.