BusRider

Brandon Transit

2 hours ago, LilZebra said:

Stop announcements work the best in the middle of Winter when it's dark out, the bus is crowded and you're in an area that you're not sure where you are. But I swear that some WT drivers turn the volume on Low or 0 sometimes.

On the new Winnipeg buses u can’t turn it down only on the LF and 101-136 and the 700s u can not the 140-199,300-399 and 800-888 

On 7/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, BusRider said:

Stop announcements are coming! As well as new fareboxes?

image.thumb.png.cba59e8bb3e702a590e5a0443066a577.png

No more pringles-can fareboxes? 😂

Seriously though, good to see Brandon transit staying on top of things. 

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, armorand said:

No more pringles-can fareboxes? 😂

Seriously though, good to see Brandon transit staying on top of things. 

They didn't (at the time of my employment with BT) stay on top of the maintenance the current fare boxes required...this is why 99% of them do not work properly.

• Sad 1

Haven't posted in a while, but the new Info Centre downtown should be open now. Plan on getting some pictures at some point. Last I saw it, the wheelchair ramp looked like it took up too much of the sidewalk and actually wasn't wide enough for wheelchairs to pass.

The drivers area in the basement at the comfort station is very nice, also very modern. There is also a training room in the basement.

I haven't been upstairs since completion in the office area but have been upstairs in the customer waiting area. The waiting area is small but nice, much more convenient for bus riders waiting for their buses to arrive.

I agree ,the sidewalk is narrow where the wheel chair ramp is located.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:14 AM, BusRider said:

Haven't posted in a while, but the new Info Centre downtown should be open now. Plan on getting some pictures at some point. Last I saw it, the wheelchair ramp looked like it took up too much of the sidewalk and actually wasn't wide enough for wheelchairs to pass.

Can you post one or more to Wikimedia Commons?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

...for the Brandon Transit article on Wikipedia?

I see it on Google Street Maps, but Wikipedia policy says we can't use their photos.

People in Winnipeg are always talking about bus 369 having the white LEDs. While searching for photos of the Brandon Transit Information Centre on Google Street Maps, I saw this one from 2016.

Brandon has now waived transit fares and is only allowing boarding through the rear door. The front of the vehicle is reserved for people who are elderly or have reduced mobility and is marked with caution tape.

20200320_151701_HDR.jpg

Brandon Transit (Manitoba) 1983 Flyer Industries model D901A #37 in the downtown core. Date unknown - My collection. Does anyone out there have any other photos of these Flyer's in the old green and cream like the one shown in this image? I would love to see them. Especially a rear shot too!
36left.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Brandon Transit (Manitoba) 1983 Flyer Industries model D901A #37 in the downtown core. Date unknown - My collection. Does anyone out there have any other photos of these Flyer's in the old green and cream like the one shown in this image? I would love to see them. Especially a rear shot too!
36left.jpg

There is a nice Pic of one of the Three D901A's Brandon had in the transit managers office. I'm currently laid off from BT but once and if I get back working there I'll take a picture of this picture and post it. I think the pic in the office is of bus #36

On 5/1/2020 at 8:46 AM, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

36left.jpg

I thought I actually had a photo of one somewhere, but I couldn't seem to find it. I did come across this from a 1982 Brandon system map.
oU_E0vXDYgk0zDtrQOpG1Wb8ZmC8-Jxlw-T-prt8dkv2IGSk0e5y0nb3lnAvaHemTEunHLsV3zz1l9rwX_u0tPRHslkFOHKlBKKZ9UxaeOAwOoujOkIHeX4vl-0eenN3Hd-JyfEmeAKSZg-SYpOTqQfopOo8oruz_oxeTcRtCEkB-EXX_lsILRaafEookURKIZhdZkQ8wlufZsIxC4NUa-EaNRQytoQGchOnpnNVMWk4oXGKdV4bZmht1waCLJR4N6fSYHINICkREscZyPzvD3HxxPEHziErCRrQZ26at7RFa6fQUsmkCLf_TCMkbejy4wvu7hSaFqS09lZcgrnvilynVbNIXf3d-LmKkMzJd5PjfCnwvky62SI1XmPvR5Gl2Dqx-wxbbH2vB9xvDyoNOsAAHqElm4iA6r6CU6-gUkY5_3NFKTxL2xPjZU1v_sHVZY9pFqrGlWq3f6qmhL8KecB6OJH3RwCciaPJlW7nTDxAJ39-TUQg9ze5xHvxIg2T5mZKJICDQa11jvlQ2872LF_QzW5suFXstH2NZssnXqU-3rwPf6xFFErVwjBndpE6qn2se6mi7K0mEd3NfCN6ackw_FQWiKZw1W_UTYBjj1QVHgQcxkkZjYcL-JDwuvBnR1aCbYJ66VkIPRq6mVmdPMijW9q6OnBK4fXNgiclN9lbzfsucib6qY3YpsCBHg8=w2328-h1744-no?authuser=0

I still have yet to scan this one in, but I actually got this map as a gift! I did put the routes into this other map project I'm working on.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?state={"ids"%3A["1GHiQnhN1dwNZkhZLzxUbEmdbDTJli8cI"]%2C"action"%3A"open"%2C"userId"%3A"107129476531906607937"}&usp=sharing