BusRider

Brandon Transit

1,572 posts in this topic

I would like to know if Brandon Transit is ordering new buses this year?

I'm not really sure. Probably next year. Not to sure about this year though. Why would yo want to know? ;)

Just to see if the fleet grows! It would be nice to see new buses freshly delivered from the factory! ;)

Alexander Ly ;)

Just to see if the fleet grows! It would be nice to see new buses freshly delivered from the factory! ;)

Alexander Ly ;)

I agree. (It doesn't stay new long though.) :P

All the Ez-Riders are broken down and in the shop.The 1988 Classics may outlast these 2008 buses.

All the Ez-Riders are broken down and in the shop.The 1988 Classics may outlast these 2008 buses.

Just curious, what are the issues?

Just curious, what are the issues?

Apparently suspension problems. The suspension has to be replaced. Also Ex-Brandon Transit #21 (now Mad Dog IceCream) 1978 Orion 1.501.

BusRider,

Your signature has made me curious; why do you show R.I.P. Detroit Diesel engines in D40LF's? Is there something I have missed?? Has Brandon Transit retired all the DD equipped D40LF's or have them been retrofitted with new engines that are not DD engines?

BusRider,

Your signature has made me curious; why do you show R.I.P. Detroit Diesel engines in D40LF's? Is there something I have missed?? Has Brandon Transit retired all the DD equipped D40LF's or have them been retrofitted with new engines that are not DD engines?

According to the Wiki NewFlyer has stopped putting DD's in D40LF's or did I have a brain fart.

(Edit: I have edited it to make it more clear)

According to the Wiki NewFlyer has stopped putting DD's in D40LF's or did I have a brain fart.

(Edit: I have edited it to make it more clear)

Ah ok. It lead me to believe that the older D40LF's in Brandon had been retired which would have surprised me in away if that were the case. Thanks for clearing that up! But yes, you are correct that NFI no longer offers DD engines in their buses from what I have heard as well.

Ah ok. It lead me to believe that the older D40LF's in Brandon had been retired which would have surprised me in away if that were the case. Thanks for clearing that up! But yes, you are correct that NFI no longer offers DD engines in their buses from what I have heard as well.

Actually I think I should change it to "RIP the whole fleet except 49 and 50". I heard from a manager the Brandon Transit in the next 2 years might be clearing out all buses with fleet numbers lower than 48. This includes all the cutaways, all the Classics, half of the D40LF's, the 1st gen nova and maybe the EZ-Riders.

Actually I think I should change it to "RIP the whole fleet except 49 and 50". I heard from a manager the Brandon Transit in the next 2 years might be clearing out all buses with fleet numbers lower than 48. This includes all the cutaways, all the Classics, half of the D40LF's, the 1st gen nova and maybe the EZ-Riders.

I guess they plan to buy more buses or are they actually just going to keep two of them?

EZ Riders retiring in 2011?? they are retarded to do that thats too young for them and for some of the buses

I guess they plan to buy more buses or are they actually just going to keep two of them?

They are going to buy 4 more Ez-Riders next year and who knows what else to replace the current fleet.

EZ Riders retiring in 2011?? they are retarded to do that thats too young for them and for some of the buses

I doubt that the Ez-Riders (9,10,11,12) will be retired)

As I just learned today that only a few days ago bus 42 (the last Orion I) caught fire and was written off by autopac. Please remove #42 from the wiki. I have also learned the cutaways and the EzRiders are excluded from replacement at this time.

Poor Orion :D

No Kidding. I finally went to check to lot but found nothing, but ending on a better note one of the cutaways is sitting in the yard with one of the doors removed. :P

As mentioned on CKLQ/Star news, one of the more prominent items on tonight's council agenda is the approval of approx $4.6 million to purchase 11 new city buses. $3.695 million of the money would come from the Transit Equipment Reserve, $895,000 to come from the Gas Tax Reserve. Much of the Transportation Reserve would be replenished over time by government money. The buses would be here for 2010.

City buses have a 12 year life cycle, 60% of our fleet is already at 12 years or greater... incurring substantial maintenance costs. The oldest bus currently on the road is a 1991!

I seem to recall a story within the last year that stated that our ridership has grown more than anywhere else in Canada recently. Considering that, it's good news

that we're looking at investing to keep things current.

More details on the need for the purchase and the general state of our buses:

http://www.brandon.ca/main.nsf/Contents/5B...%20Addendum.pdf

Full council agenda for tonight:

http://www.brandon.ca/main.nsf/Contents/5B...%208%202009.pdf,

I love the part where they say to oldest bus in the fleet is 1991. :blink: Shows you how much BT knows about their fleet.

I would like see a pictures of the inside

brandon transit

#15,46,49,10,45 please

The order: 15, 9 (Same a s 10), 45, 46, 49. (hope this helps)

Buses_Trains_015.JPG

Buses_Winnipeg_p2_056.JPG

Otherstuff_011.JPG

BTandOther_011.JPG

Buses_35_002.JPG

Buses_Trains_015.JPG

Buses_Winnipeg_p2_056.JPG

Otherstuff_011.JPG

BTandOther_011.JPG

Buses_35_002.JPG

post-3978-1253237988.jpg

post-3978-1253238108.jpg

post-3978-1253238169.jpg

post-3978-1253238347.jpg

post-3978-1253238501.jpg

oh thank you

now maybe the front

If you don't mind me asking what do you need these for?

If you don't mind me asking what do you need these for?

oh just want to see what they look like

You wanna make a drawing after? :lol:

I don't have them all but I try and get them for you.

I don't have them all but I try and get them for you.

I would really like that

thank you and maybe the the rear door