Jump to content

Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions


Orion V
 Share

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Why would they be loose? They just got rebuilt recently. 

I know this is sarcastic, but when I was riding on the 985, one of the buses was making very unsettling noises that sounded as if a part was moving across the floor. This happened as the Sheppard overpass over the 404 was being crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Young said:

Now my question to this is when will they start to use artics on Jane Express and HWY 27 Express? I remember reading a document saying 2022 but I don’t remember what the document was 

New artics have been ordered but they are delayed and won't arrive until sometime next year. At that point, 935 will convert to artics. On the subject of the 927, since it is currently assigned to Arrow Rd division, once line 6 opens, the 927 can convert anyways as the only artic route out of that division is 36 Finch West which to my understanding will be abolished west of Keele Street once line 6 opens. Either 39 Finch east will be extended to Finch West station or a truncated 36 will run between Finch West and Finch stations. I don't believe they'd need Artic's in either scenario

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lifty4ever said:

New artics have been ordered but they are delayed and won't arrive until sometime next year. At that point, 935 will convert to artics. On the subject of the 927, since it is currently assigned to Arrow Rd division, once line 6 opens, the 927 can convert anyways as the only artic route out of that division is 36 Finch West which to my understanding will be abolished west of Keele Street once line 6 opens. Either 39 Finch east will be extended to Finch West station or a truncated 36 will run between Finch West and Finch stations. I don't believe they'd need Artic's in either scenario

Many years ago, they did plan to merge the remaining 36 into 39. The recent plans that is formalized with the ASP 2023 indicate this would not be the case as TTC have some serious troubles with operating such long routes. The 939 however would likely be converted to artics as service recovers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, lifty4ever said:

New artics have been ordered but they are delayed and won't arrive until sometime next year. At that point, 935 will convert to artics. On the subject of the 927, since it is currently assigned to Arrow Rd division, once line 6 opens, the 927 can convert anyways as the only artic route out of that division is 36 Finch West which to my understanding will be abolished west of Keele Street once line 6 opens. Either 39 Finch east will be extended to Finch West station or a truncated 36 will run between Finch West and Finch stations. I don't believe they'd need Artic's in either scenario

36 coming out of Finch station is always heavy. Artics are needed there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BusDude said:

Does anyone know when the 8 Broadview route will be extended to coxwell stn? I doubt it will be for the september period

Won't be the September board. They've already announced the changes for that board.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's still a bit of initiatives to implement in the ASP 2022 such as the 118 Thistledown peak extension to Claireport and 150 Eastern (peak service only likely). They were fast in eliminating the 117.

Other proposal considered for trial such as midday service on the 35B Jane via Hullmar branch and 119 Torbarrie route has yet to service. The 119 had decent ridership during the pandemic cause of it's destination to factories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Other proposal considered for trial such as midday service on the 35B Jane via Hullmar branch and 119 Torbarrie route has yet to service. The 119 had decent ridership during the pandemic cause of it's destination to factories.

119 has had midday service for over a year now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

blogTO: Downtown Toronto will be absolute pandemonium with traffic and events this weekend.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/09/downtown-toronto-pandemonium-car-traffic-and-pedestrians-weekend

Who is the genius at the TTC that decided to shut down Line 1 between St Clair and Sheppard east on one of the busiest weekends in the city? 

They had to pick this weekend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Shaun said:

blogTO: Downtown Toronto will be absolute pandemonium with traffic and events this weekend.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/09/downtown-toronto-pandemonium-car-traffic-and-pedestrians-weekend

Who is the genius at the TTC that decided to shut down Line 1 between St Clair and Sheppard east on one of the busiest weekends in the city? 

They had to pick this weekend?

It’s shut down almost every weekend. They didn’t do it last weekend probably cause it’s a long weekend and more operators and crosstown contractors want  to be off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

blogTO: Downtown Toronto will be absolute pandemonium with traffic and events this weekend.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/09/downtown-toronto-pandemonium-car-traffic-and-pedestrians-weekend

Who is the genius at the TTC that decided to shut down Line 1 between St Clair and Sheppard east on one of the busiest weekends in the city? 

They had to pick this weekend?

Do you want the project finished or not?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Do you want the project finished or not?

You mean ATC? It's already years behind schedule, whats another few months? 

And even on the ATC enabled section there are delays turning trains at the terminal so shouldn't they be addressing those issues? 

Trains to Finch are backed up during off peak as it is. ATC will just make this situation worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

blogTO: Downtown Toronto will be absolute pandemonium with traffic and events this weekend.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/09/downtown-toronto-pandemonium-car-traffic-and-pedestrians-weekend

Who is the genius at the TTC that decided to shut down Line 1 between St Clair and Sheppard east on one of the busiest weekends in the city? 

They had to pick this weekend?

What makes you think that it was the TTC's say?


Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A strange subway closure has been announced for Friday, September 16, from 1:30xm until the end of service.

All of Line 1 will be closed to facilitate the commissioning of ATC from Eglinton to Finch (I assume). From St. George to Bloor-Yonge, shuttle buses will operate both ways. From St. George to Vaughan, southbound trains only with northbound shuttle buses. From Bloor-Yonge to Finch, southbound trains only with northbound shuttle buses.

Why are southbound trains still operating? I assume that there will be a lot of confusion about whether passengers going north from downtown will need to transfer at St. George or Bloor-Yonge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, blue.bird.fan said:

A strange subway closure has been announced for Friday, September 16, from 1:30xm until the end of service.

All of Line 1 will be closed to facilitate the commissioning of ATC from Eglinton to Finch (I assume). From St. George to Bloor-Yonge, shuttle buses will operate both ways. From St. George to Vaughan, southbound trains only with northbound shuttle buses. From Bloor-Yonge to Finch, southbound trains only with northbound shuttle buses.

Why are southbound trains still operating? I assume that there will be a lot of confusion about whether passengers going north from downtown will need to transfer at St. George or Bloor-Yonge.

In normal situations, at the end of service most of the trains run northbound to Finch and then deadhead back south to Wilson Yard. There's something like 40 minutes of trains deadheading back south after the last southbound service train at 1.35.

 

What they seem to be doing is cutting off the last hour of service northbound. Those trains leading up to the last service train southbound will have already made it past Bloor before the cutoff, so they're going to operate southbound as they normally would in service.

 

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, smallspy said:

In normal situations, at the end of service most of the trains run northbound to Finch and then deadhead back south to Wilson Yard. There's something like 40 minutes of trains deadheading back south after the last southbound service train at 1.35.

 

What they seem to be doing is cutting off the last hour of service northbound. Those trains leading up to the last service train southbound will have already made it past Bloor before the cutoff, so they're going to operate southbound as they normally would in service.

 

Dan

Doesn't mater, the closure has been CANCELLED 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...