Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

On 3/26/2021 at 8:21 PM, PCC Guy said:

Yes, it was 7666 that was renumbered. But 7794 became 7882.

IIRC the reason why this happened was that the families of the buses involved requested that the TTC renumber the buses so that they wouldn't have to see the units that killed their loved ones around town. Had the accident not happened, 7666 would have finished her life as such.

I know initially before the rebuild, I did see 7794's number decal adhesive backing remains or the outline of with 7882 plastered on it and same goes for 7666 I think. (BEFORE the rebuilds) 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should have been on that PCC on September 23rd.  That specifically was the breaking point for me for putting up with former garbage. A friend of mine who works for another transit agency and

Cherry on top of today’s events, we lost at technician at Queensway to a heart attack. Unfortunately I don’t know the specifics. 😣

About a decade ago, I attended an open house at the Greenwood subway yard, and acquired a set of datasheets for the Camshaft (H1, H2, and H4) Hawkers, Chopper (H5 and H6) Hawkers, and T1 models of sub

Posted Images

13809310-D97A-446A-BA91-BEF071BC1FF2.thumb.jpeg.71e57d443c83d2c4467b2c174526181d.jpeg

I found this blowing down the street after work the other night well down the road, surprisingly far down the road from Spadina.  Was the whole Spadina line bussed in the 8th?  I totally missed that but I guess that temporary sign lasted long enough before it blew away and I found it.  There’s a dusty tire track on it too so apparently it didn’t just get blown away, someone drove over it as well so I’d say it held up pretty well all things considered.

Anyways, should I donate it to HCRR?

18 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

13809310-D97A-446A-BA91-BEF071BC1FF2.thumb.jpeg.71e57d443c83d2c4467b2c174526181d.jpeg

I found this blowing down the street after work the other night well down the road, surprisingly far down the road from Spadina.  Was the whole Spadina line bussed in the 8th?  I totally missed that but I guess that temporary sign lasted long enough before it blew away and I found it.  There’s a dusty tire track on it too so apparently it didn’t just get blown away, someone drove over it as well so I’d say it held up pretty well all things considered.

Anyways, should I donate it to HCRR?

Only between Queens Quay and Spadina Station for the 510. This is due to tunnel inspection work at the Spadina Tunnel. Streetcars ran from Union Station to Queens Quay.

Next closure is April 22nd and 23rd between midnight and 4:30 AM (two separate days) for the same reason. Except this time, streetcars will run between Charlotte Loop (Spadina/King) to Union Station. Buses replace north of King and loop around to the bus platform at Spadina. 

On 4/8/2021 at 12:09 AM, Xtrazsteve said:

I never understand why they can't just keep a clock in the top right corner. 

Or the STOP REQUEST indicator instead of scrolling it along with the stop name, time, operator ID, etc...

Maybe that newer (gray design) would have that, I hope they improve it since the 3100+ buses don't have the old separate red STOP REQUEST indicators.

4 hours ago, MK78 said:

Or the STOP REQUEST indicator instead of scrolling it along with the stop name, time, operator ID, etc...

Maybe that newer (gray design) would have that, I hope they improve it since the 3100+ buses don't have the old separate red STOP REQUEST indicators.

If the TTC thinks the operator ID is important. Just have it scroll through once every minute. There’s no need for it to show less important messages every 10 seconds.

The same goes for those LED displays at bus stops and terminals. It spends 1/5 actually showing the next arrival. Then they believe it’s important to show led sign ID, Bus stop location, visit TTC.ca for info, etc. If they can’t fix it themselves, it’s an issue they should work with nextbus. 

Does anyone happen to remember what happened to H6 car 5857 after its derailment at Kennedy station in February 2008? I was browsing through some old posts where someone mentioned that they would be surprised if the car ever saw service again based on the damage that happened to it, and I've found no subsequent reference to the car anywhere (no retirement date for it on the wiki, either) but I don't remember ever hearing about an H6 retiring prematurely. Can anyone weigh in?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Only between Queens Quay and Spadina Station for the 510. This is due to tunnel inspection work at the Spadina Tunnel. Streetcars ran from Union Station to Queens Quay.

Next closure is April 22nd and 23rd between midnight and 4:30 AM (two separate days) for the same reason. Except this time, streetcars will run between Charlotte Loop (Spadina/King) to Union Station. Buses replace north of King and loop around to the bus platform at Spadina. 

Ah ok.  I'll have to watch for the notifications for the next closure.

Messages were exchanged and that sign that was blowing around closer to Bathurst St. is going to go to HCRR eventually when I can get it to someone who goes there.  Well, maybe I can go up there and drop it off.  It's been a while since I've seen someone sit brakes off and let a PCC car roll backwards.  Brings back memorie of one of my SEPTA friends that passed away who used to chew people up for doing that.  Whatever.  In the meantime, it's sitting in my back vestibule.

2 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

There had seemed to be a lot of concern and debate around Mount Dennis' Orion VII OG & NG Hybrids operating on the 927 Highway 27 Express prior to March 28.  I was wondering how that route was fairing since the switch?

What was the concern?  They used to run Orion 7 bash'n'crash buses, both diesel and hybrid, on that route to replace RTSs that had problems with things like the doors flying open during the high speed runs on the 427 section of the line among other problems.  The Orion 7s at the time were seen as a necessary safety improvement.

33 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

What was the concern?  They used to run Orion 7 bash'n'crash buses, both diesel and hybrid, on that route to replace RTSs that had problems with things like the doors flying open during the high speed runs on the 427 section of the line among other problems.  The Orion 7s at the time were seen as a necessary safety improvement.

I had no concerns, but just wanted to follow up on others' concerns about their reliability on the highway.  The concern was dismissed by another user before movements occurred, so I was wondering if someone so invested in the matter was keeping track.  No biggie if not, I was just curious.

10 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

I had no concerns, but just wanted to follow up on others' concerns about their reliability on the highway.  The concern was dismissed by another user before movements occurred, so I was wondering if someone so invested in the matter was keeping track.  No biggie if not, I was just curious.

The Hybrids have been doing fine so far on the highway. A little slow but they get the job done. We had a few buses with issues that would only show up on the highway but they have now been repaired. 

• Thanks 1