Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

5 minutes ago, Tunnelrat said:

What's the best app for Android to see buses on a map in real time? The ones I have downloaded only show bus stops with arrival times not the actual buses. 

It's not fancy, but on Android, if I really want to see where they heck things are, I use the https://totransit.ca/ website - as it only maps what's reporting on a certain route, with no concern about what they are doing.

Hint ... if 506s are missing, it's not impossible to find them signed in as 306s in broad daylight. Normally I just leave all the 500 streetcar routes and 304, 306, 301,310 on at all times ... occasionally I see some odd situation when a 501 is up at Main Station, giving me a quick trip to Queen and Parliament!

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should have been on that PCC on September 23rd.  That specifically was the breaking point for me for putting up with former garbage. A friend of mine who works for another transit agency and

Cherry on top of today’s events, we lost at technician at Queensway to a heart attack. Unfortunately I don’t know the specifics. 😣

About a decade ago, I attended an open house at the Greenwood subway yard, and acquired a set of datasheets for the Camshaft (H1, H2, and H4) Hawkers, Chopper (H5 and H6) Hawkers, and T1 models of sub

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, nfitz said:

It's not fancy, but on Android, if I really want to see where they heck things are, I use the https://totransit.ca/ website - as it only maps what's reporting on a certain route, with no concern about what they are doing.

Hint ... if 506s are missing, it's n impossible to find them signed in as 306s in broad daylight. Normally I just leave all the 500 streetcar routes and 304, 306, 301,310 on at all times ... occasionally I see some odd situation when a 501 is up at Main Station, giving me a quick trip to Queen and Parliament!

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. 

• Like 1

I wanted to ask if replacing the batteries on the hybrids with Lythium accomplish resolving the problems that the TTC was experiencing with them? 

Were the issues with the electronics fixed during the rebuild process?

I guess that with newer Hybrids being so reliable and efficient it doesn't make sense to keep the NG's running. 

15 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

Does anyone know where I can find information about what routes have what runs at certain times.

Info is available here. May be difficult to parse, though, as this is raw data meant to feed into next vehicle prediction programs.

https://ckan0.cf.opendata.inter.prod-toronto.ca/fa_IR/dataset/ttc-routes-and-schedules/resource/c1264e07-3c27-490f-9362-42c1c8f03708

• Like 1

This is wracking my brain right now! There is a handful of pics on the inter web of the TTC New Flyer ‘TUF’ demonstrator (early version of the D40LF), but I can’t seem to find them. Does anyone know where I can find these hard to find gems?

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of documents that are hard to find, I seem to recall that there was a report/article/anecdote/something posted that said that the Nova hybrids were failing to meet reliability expectations. Does anyone know if this was actually a thing that was posted on here and where I might find it, if true? The usual search hasn't turned up anything but I might not be searching in the right threads or with the right keywords 

EDIT: I might've dreamt the whole thing. I've been browsing through the CEO's reports from December 2019 and onward and there seems to be nothing in there particularly damning about the Novas. The December 2019 report indicates they are performing above reliability targets and in January this year the MDBF for the hybrid fleet was 30k km while for diesel buses it was 20k. The reports from the past year repeatedly state "Nova LFS Hybrid buses equipped with the BAE Hybrid drive system are performing well above the expected reliability with respect to the hybrid powertrain system."

That's good to see, I find these to be handsome machines and I am glad to see them doing well.

• Like 1