Jump to content
Orion V

Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Recommended Posts

When the 124 SUNNYBROOK became accessible in July 2005, why did the 124 move to New Eglinton as opposed to staying at Wilson? Can't they able to use the Orion VIs since the CNG Vs were still banned at Lawrence Stn. due to clearance issues and leaks? It's no case as the 78 and 115 at York Mills Stn. never used anything but the Fishbowls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Express Network said:

When the 124 SUNNYBROOK became accessible in July 2005, why did the 124 move to New Eglinton as opposed to staying at Wilson? Can't they able to use the Orion VIs since the CNG Vs were still banned at Lawrence Stn. due to clearance issues and leaks? It's no case as the 78 and 115 at York Mills Stn. never used anything but the Fishbowls.

The Orion VIs 9200-9249 were CNG buses. Hence they didn't get rebuilt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shemar said:

Can Eglinton operate and maintain hybrids, or is it just diesel only???

Without substantial investment in specialized shop tools (more mobile scaffolding to access the rooftop batteries, etc )and mechanic training, no. However there’s nothing inherent in the facility to prevent them from doing so. 

Actually, they should already have a scaffold set or two just to access the air conditioning units. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 7:18 AM, Bus_Medic said:

Without substantial investment in specialized shop tools (more mobile scaffolding to access the rooftop batteries, etc )and mechanic training, no. However there’s nothing inherent in the facility to prevent them from doing so. 

Actually, they should already have a scaffold set or two just to access the air conditioning units. 

yes they have a set right next to the body shop

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.397cf839095056017cbe9e57843be76c.png

In the event the 12D KINGSTON ROAD pilot project is successful, could the TTC combine the route with the 86D SCARBOROUGH to form the resurrected 114 KINGSTON ROAD EAST bus from Warden Stn.? In historical context, the 114 was created upon the opening of the B-D extension to Kennedy in 1980 and was cancelled on February 16, 1990.

Since the 12D operates rush hours (30m in the AM and 25m in the PM) and 86D Mondays to Saturdays to 7pm, will the new route be feasible enough to run despite the TTC's proposal to have the 177 route implemented?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://stevemunro.ca/2019/08/22/tiff-2019-to-demolish-downtown-transit-service-again/

I’m wondering why this shit is happening again during the tiff. Is it really an UNAVOIDABLE closure?

I don’t understand why they still close the street even though the street was designed to have better streetcar traffic.. and I think that King Street Project is meaningless if they continue with stupid closure..

This is TTC’s message about the closure.

“We encourage you to plan your trip in advance. We thank you for your patience during this important event benefitting Toronto’s economy and international reputation as a world-class city.”

World Class city?? Fuck that.. Our fuckin politicians are trying their best to make Toronto ad third world city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, raptorjays said:

https://stevemunro.ca/2019/08/22/tiff-2019-to-demolish-downtown-transit-service-again/

I’m wondering why this shit is happening again during the tiff. Is it really an UNAVOIDABLE closure?

I don’t understand why they still close the street even though the street was designed to have better streetcar traffic.. and I think that King Street Project is meaningless if they continue with stupid closure..

I've questioned the need for closing King St. too ever since they started doing it and really started to question the planning of the layout of the festival stuff after the one or two years they evicted the farmers' market from the park on the south side of King for not only the duration of the film festival itself but for the setup and removal as well.  At least they divide it up and let the farmers' market happen now in part of the park but that does nothing to mitigate the mess that closing the street causes.

15 hours ago, raptorjays said:

This is TTC’s message about the closure.

“We encourage you to plan your trip in advance. We thank you for your patience during this important event benefitting Toronto’s economy and international reputation as a world-class city.”

Really, unless you absolutely can't avoid going to the area or you're going to the film festival itself, the best advice is to avoid the closed section of King St. and the affected area around it.

15 hours ago, raptorjays said:

World Class city?? Fuck that.. Our fuckin politicians are trying their best to make Toronto ad third world city. 

Successive generations of politicians between Toronto city hall, the provincial government, and to a degree the indifferences towards municipalities from the federal government have all in their own ways ensured that Toronto's the world class of third class.  The film festival is the perfect example of the superficial vanity of the whole situation with the municipal government in the way it plays to the all-sizzle-no-steak, style-over-substance way that Toronto prioritizes things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, raptorjays said:

World Class city?? Fuck that.. Our fuckin politicians are trying their best to make Toronto ad third world city. 

Not that frivolous closures (which also happen in Europe) have anything to do with making something a world class city or not, but rest assured there is no danger of Toronto being a world class city any time soon, unless everyone starts getting their shit together.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

Really, unless you absolutely can't avoid going to the area or you're going to the film festival itself, the best advice is to avoid the closed section of King St. and the affected area around it.

It's not just King Street downtown that's impacted though. In recent years, it turns the 504 service into an erratic nightmare. So huge service problems and gaps on Roncesvalles and Broadview as well - not to mention points in between!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nfitz said:

It's not just King Street downtown that's impacted though. In recent years, it turns the 504 service into an erratic nightmare. So huge service problems and gaps on Roncesvalles and Broadview as well - not to mention points in between!

I know, that's why I mentioned the affected area around it.  The spillover mess is huge.

To put it in perspective, the whole film festival mess has gotten so big and so bad that my elderly parents who live in a condo that's located a bit of distance outside of the immediate film festival area book a vacation every year overlapping the festival and go away for the duration.  After enduring it the first couple of years in their condo, they decided that just don't want to be home while it's going on and I can't say I blame them.  For now it works but I'm not sure what they're going to do when they get a bit older and travel becomes harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Curious does will the TTC put anything in the Labour Day parade this year?

Plain clothes special constables to identify and photograph the union troublemakers marching in the parade for retribution later.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

Plain clothes special constables to identify and photograph the union troublemakers marching in the parade for retribution later.

I guess those special constables can actually be useful for something 🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a plain old building on the NE side of Weston Road, across from the St. Phillips Dr. intersection. Did that have something to do with the Weston or possibly Woodbridge streetcars?

In any case, it's been knocked down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 11:32 AM, Wayside Observer said:

Plain clothes special constables to identify and photograph the union troublemakers marching in the parade for retribution later.

I go there for the jackets and hats lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

There was a plain old building on the NE side of Weston Road, across from the St. Phillips Dr. intersection. Did that have something to do with the Weston or possibly Woodbridge streetcars?

In any case, it's been knocked down.

It’s most recent use was as a taxidermist’s shop, but anything more than 18 years ago I don’t know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 8:46 PM, TTC 9701 said:

Curious does will the TTC put anything in the Labour Day parade this year?

I did hear ALRV 4207 will be going into the parade prior to being used for the final runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

I did hear ALRV 4207 will be going into the parade prior to being used for the final runs.

yeah, then go to wollesley loop and back to Russell for a final run on the 501. Read here for the TTC: Car 4204 will depart the Russell Carhouse at 2 p.m. running east to Wolseley Loop and back. A second car, 4207, will participate in the Labour Day Parade along Queen St. and then depart Wolseley Loop at approximately the same time, though road closures and traffic associated with the CNE could impact the exact departure time. The two cars will make return trips between Russell and Wolseley until 5 p.m. The very last run will depart Wolseley at approximately 4:15 p.m., arriving at Russell Carhouse at 5 p.m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 12:13 PM, nfitz said:

It's not just King Street downtown that's impacted though. In recent years, it turns the 504 service into an erratic nightmare. So huge service problems and gaps on Roncesvalles and Broadview as well - not to mention points in between!

TTC used to announce those closures like month or two before.. and they did just like a week in advance this year.

I don’t know if the TTC discussed with TIFF officials until last minute and couldn’t find any solutions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a lovely, super cluttered map of the TIFF closures:

TIFF-2019.gif

Anyone know if there is a rhyme or reason to this madness? What is preventing them from running the 504A/504B as regular through services, diverting via Spadina - Queen - Church and York - Queen - Spadina? Why do there need to be two 504As, and what is going to be serving the Dufferin Gate loop during the diversions?

image.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...