Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

52 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Huh! That is very strange. According to the TTC website, the last bus at Dufferin WB is 11:03 PM. So perhaps you're right that those may be arrival, not departure times, which is very odd. What does anyone have to gain by knowing what time a bus arrives at Finch West before going out of service?

According to the current service summary, the last 939B EXPRESS weekday trips heading westbound to Finch West Stn. is 10:09pm and eastbound to Scarborough Centre Stn. is at 10:24pm. 

In addition, the last 939B EXPRESS trips end at 6:50pm (EB) and 6:58pm (WB) on Saturdays and 6:55pm (WB) and 7:06pm (EB) on Sundays.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should have been on that PCC on September 23rd.  That specifically was the breaking point for me for putting up with former garbage. A friend of mine who works for another transit agency and

Cherry on top of today’s events, we lost at technician at Queensway to a heart attack. Unfortunately I don’t know the specifics. 😣

About a decade ago, I attended an open house at the Greenwood subway yard, and acquired a set of datasheets for the Camshaft (H1, H2, and H4) Hawkers, Chopper (H5 and H6) Hawkers, and T1 models of sub

Posted Images

4 hours ago, BYD said:

According to the current service summary, the last 939B EXPRESS weekday trips heading westbound to Finch West Stn. is 10:09pm and eastbound to Scarborough Centre Stn. is at 10:24pm. 

Thanks for the info, took ~1 hour here compared to one month and counting from the TTC to answer that.

The timed schedule for Finch West doesn't show 10:24PM--in anycase,  this seems more accurate. I appreciate your response!

20 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Quick question:

What happened here:image.thumb.png.bc75e036d672463410e88ffcb7a49a59.png

To me, that looks like the back off a STCUM fishbowl. Any guesses?

2012 received a STCUM engine cover sometime around 2002.  It had it until it's retirement in April 2004.  Other buses received STCUM parts like rear windows such as buses: 2247, 2296 & 2339.  2296 rear window was swap to 2255 and I believe 2296 has 2255 rear window during the Life Extension Program rebuild in 2009.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, Andythagiant said:

That plot of land has already been sold to TPS for their new 54/55 division.

I don't think any property has been sold. But there are plans for a new city-owned facility at that location that will house the police, TTC, and the library.

I thought the recent talks about a museum, were putting it on the Hillcrest property, in that building I forget the name of, on Davenport, west of the transit control building, north of the streetcar shops.

1 minute ago, nfitz said:

I don't think any property has been sold. But there are plans for a new city-owned facility at that location that will house the police, TTC, and the library.

I thought the recent talks about a museum, were putting it on the Hillcrest property, in that building I forget the name of, on Davenport, west of the transit control building, north of the streetcar shops.

I didn't think Hillcrest had any space.

1 hour ago, 7575 said:

I didn't think Hillcrest had any space.

Reading the recent report - https://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2018/July_27/Reports/11_Hillcrest_Complex_Property_Study.pdf - it's potentially part of the Davenport Garage Renewal. The new 2019 TTC budget has the renewals as an unfunded amount of $93 million - mostly in 2026.

Though that's a pretty small amount compared to the unfunded $900 million in the budget for the "New Streetcar Maintenance and Storage Facility (Hillcrest Complex)", which peaks at $272 million in 2025.

image.thumb.png.a01cee43ef717d5f61a099af493e75de.png

Hello everybody,

First post here and I just recently got my training start date and I had a few questions I hope somebody could answer

Is there any affordable parking options near or at the Hillcrest complex as I will be commuting from the east end?

Any tips on training or something things that I can expect?

Any insight on Wilson division?

If these have been asked before i'm sorry I couldn't find them using the search function

Thank you 

3 minutes ago, CoachK said:

Hello everybody,

First post here and I just recently got my training start date and I had a few questions I hope somebody could answer

Is there any affordable parking options near or at the Hillcrest complex as I will be commuting from the east end?

Any tips on training or something things that I can expect?

Any insight on Wilson division?

If these have been asked before i'm sorry I couldn't find them using the search function

Thank you 

43 pages of info here. 

1 hour ago, Doggosareamazing said:

I just passed by Birchmount Garage and saw a bunch of wheel tran Fords next to piles of concrete rubble. 

(Yes, 7575 and 7808 are still there away from the rubble still in dead lot)

Visible from sidewalk or nah?

17 minutes ago, Downsview 108 said:

Recent talks of a museum? LOL they've been talking about that for years. 😂 What are they gonna put in there anyway? An old map and an expired transfer?

The OLD bus, 2252, the other fishbowl (if they even do another one), old maps, 2766, 4549, 4500 and probably a ton of other crap. They want a museum for the TTC's 100 birthday.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, 7575 said:

The OLD bus, 2252, the other fishbowl (if they even do another one), old maps, 2766, 4549, 4500 and probably a ton of other crap. They want a museum for the TTC's 100 birthday.

They should bring all the stuff from the HCRR. No reason to have to go all the way to Guelph to ride a historic TTC vehicle.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Downsview 108 said:

They should bring all the stuff from the HCRR. No reason to have to go all the way to Guelph to ride a historic TTC vehicle.

I agree. They would need to start prepping if they want it ready for the 100th. It's the TTC, we probably won't see it until 2041. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Downsview 108 said:

Recent talks of a museum? LOL they've been talking about that for years. 😂 What are they gonna put in there anyway? An old map and an expired transfer?

Have they? I didn't hear any discussion about using the Davenport garage until recently (the last couple of years). I recall discussion in the past of using the old Danforth carhouse, and also some brief discussion of putting one in a new office building on Yonge to replace the Davisville offices.

Were there other discussions? Though I've only been following for the last decade or so ... there's probably many long-forgotten schemes!

I'd assume the old PCCs, and CLRV/ALRVs would be there, along with other old vehicles. Perhaps they can get back the ones they shipped to the museum in Ottawa.I doubt a museum would actually ever happen though.

1 hour ago, Downsview 108 said:

I’ll second that. Start with the subway cars. And keep them. Permanently.

....Actually with ATC active, nevermind. They’d never let them out with people on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, nfitz said:

Have they? I didn't hear any discussion about using the Davenport garage until recently (the last couple of years). I recall discussion in the past of using the old Danforth carhouse, and also some brief discussion of putting one in a new office building on Yonge to replace the Davisville offices.

Were there other discussions? Though I've only been following for the last decade or so ... there's probably many long-forgotten schemes!

I'd assume the old PCCs, and CLRV/ALRVs would be there, along with other old vehicles. Perhaps they can get back the ones they shipped to the museum in Ottawa.I doubt a museum would actually ever happen though.

Yeah this has been a discussion for nearly 20 years. I remember they wanted to use Davenport, Danforth and The H.O. I also seem to recall Lansdowne being thrown around but not sure. As far as I know that was supposed to be a police division too.

10 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

I’ll second that. Start with the subway cars. And keep them. Permanently.

....Actually with ATC active, nevermind. They’d never let them out with people on.

Yeah. It's too bad they scrapped the G work cars. They could have if they really wanted (and were willing to invest $$$) a complete train. 5098-99, 5068-69, 5104-05, ???(whatever number the garbage train was). At least the museum pieces will be more secure and have a bit more funding to preserve them. Even the OHRA could continue to contribute. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

The TTC actually has a decent amount of historical artifacts scattered around it's various facilities.

• Like 1