Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

18 hours ago, 7969 said:

That would run redundant to the 33 Forest Hill for its entire route.  Would they temporarily end the service while that happened?

The 7 are often stuck in traffic plus the 33 would have ops already signed up for that route, they definitely won't temporary cancel the route. No they won't reassign the ops to a different route either since sign up is based on seniority, those who signed up would be very unhappy to be forced to do something else for the entire board.

They'll likely have to service all stops since they won't be running service on Bathurst. Riders will be forced to walk up to 1km plus to Bathurst. Forcing them to walk from St Clair or Eglinton will add to that. Those living west of Bathurst will lose service already as some can be half an hour walk away from Spadina Rd 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should have been on that PCC on September 23rd.  That specifically was the breaking point for me for putting up with former garbage. A friend of mine who works for another transit agency and

Cherry on top of today’s events, we lost at technician at Queensway to a heart attack. Unfortunately I don’t know the specifics. 😣

About a decade ago, I attended an open house at the Greenwood subway yard, and acquired a set of datasheets for the Camshaft (H1, H2, and H4) Hawkers, Chopper (H5 and H6) Hawkers, and T1 models of sub

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The 7 are often stuck in traffic plus the 33 would have ops already signed up for that route, they definitely won't temporary cancel the route. No they won't reassign the ops to a different route either since sign up is based on seniority, those who signed up would be very unhappy to be forced to do something else for the entire board.

It is possible that they may have to be reassigned to something that they don’t like. It happened to the ops that had signed the 501L and were stuck doing midtown 501 trips and changeovers because of the ‘road excavation’ work that happened over a week ago 

19 hours ago, Doggosareamazing said:

While I am not a foamer,

Debatable. 

18 hours ago, 7969 said:

Kinda funny to see that the Orion Vs are still there after almost four years.

Really? You should see the Vs at Birchmount. If I'm not wrong, aren't there like around 5 Vs just sitting there? (NOT MY IMAGE)Image may contain: sky and outdoor

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Debatable. 

Really? You should see the Vs at Birchmount. If I'm not wrong, aren't there like around 5 Vs just sitting there? (NOT MY IMAGE)Image may contain: sky and outdoor

There are three. 9402, 9430 and another 94xx.

3 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

If you have the money, you probably could. 9411 also languished there for the longest time and was picked up by a private owner last year.

Otherwise, scrap.

I totally have the money.  I've got a quarter in my pocket, now the important question is does the TTC make change?  I wouldn't want to overpay for junk.

9 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

I totally have the money.  I've got a quarter in my pocket, now the important question is does the TTC make change?  I wouldn't want to overpay for junk.

Wow, that's new. I haven't heard anybody who doesn't like Vs. Weird decision.

No but actually, how much would they take for one? Assuming the motor is still in them, maybe $500-$1000?  

17 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Wow, that's new. I haven't heard anybody who doesn't like Vs. Weird decision.

No but actually, how much would they take for one? Assuming the motor is still in them, maybe $500-$1000?  

Maybe a couple grand tops. Whatever the value of the scrap metal content is. If you know how much one weighs, you could call a couple junkyards and get some quotes to form a ballpark estimate of what a reasonable offer might be.  The worst they'd do is say no or try to negotiate up a bit.

5 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

Maybe a couple grand tops. Whatever the value of the scrap metal content is. If you know how much one weighs, you could call a couple junkyards and get some quotes to form a ballpark estimate of what a reasonable offer might be.  The worst they'd do is say no or try to negotiate up a bit.

Langilles pays about $3k a bus, so that's likely what the TTC would sell one for. Though A friend of mine inquired about buying a bus a couple years ago and the TTC told him they'd sell for about $500 but he'd have to remove the bus himself within 24 hours of purchase

Orion V for sale

23 years old. Might run, but hasn't in about 3 years. Probably about 900,000km on it. Engine intact. Rusted and should be used as a part bus. We need it off property soon and must be removed within the hour of purchase. $600

• Haha 2
34 minutes ago, 7575 said:

Orion V for sale

23 years old. Might run, but hasn't in about 3 years. Probably about 900,000km on it. Engine intact. Rusted and should be used as a part bus. We need it off property soon and must be removed within the hour of purchase. $600

Picture please.

image.thumb.png.92bac20e7c51023e7055bc0df2710647.png

Got this response on twitter.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, 7575 said:

Orion V for sale

Driven only on Sundays by a little old lady, right?!?!

15 hours ago, TechnicaProductions said:

Langilles pays about $3k a bus, so that's likely what the TTC would sell one for. Though A friend of mine inquired about buying a bus a couple years ago and the TTC told him they'd sell for about $500 but he'd have to remove the bus himself within 24 hours of purchase

That's about what I figured. Removal within 24 hours of purchase is a bit aggressive of a timeline for what's basically a government surplus sale. Whenever I've bought federal govt surplus stuff, the terms have been payment within 72 hours and removal within five business days of payment.

Let me state for the record I have absolutely zero interest and intention of buying retired TTC vehicles just in case anybody might have gotten the impression that that's something I'm thinking about doing.  Just because I have room for a bunch of ALRVs doesn't mean I'm going to be stuffing the back yard full of streetcars or buses.  I have a self imposed limit at G scale. 1:1 scale won't be happening.

• Like 2

With regard to the 7 diversion, apparently while most of the plan is still up in the air pending community input, the 7 will not be making this massive detour; the detour will be for approximately 3 blocks only going around the immediate closure. That will of course entail navigating some side streets.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, Doggosareamazing said:

TTC:

Orion VII NG Hybrids - 1812, 1784, 1578, 1583, 1762, 1805

Orion VII Detroits - 7868, 78XX (looks like a 5 for the third number)

Orion V - 7017

YRT:

Orion V Detroit - 001

While I am not a foamer, this is a hard site to see at Langilles Scrap, but that's life. Remember, it's all a cycle. (Made a similar post in Missing In Action Buses) 

IMG_4341.JPG

IMG_4342.JPG

IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4344.JPG

IMG_4345.JPG

Seeing such fairly new Orions in a scrap yard makes my blood boil!!! They could have sold them to another TA as second hand buses (MTA could have taken them to aid in the L train shut down!) >:/

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, Wayside Observer said:

Buy one of those Orion VII OGs. Those are much younger and are still being supported for parts via New Flyer Industries. 

• Haha 1

For lack of a better place, only 7468, 7709, 7719, 7575, 7732 and 7808 remain at Birchmount.

-and before anyone panics, no, that does not include the 3 Vs and the 6 special events units. They’re still there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Seeing such fairly new Orions in a scrap yard makes my blood boil!!! They could have sold them to another TA as second hand buses (MTA could have taken them to aid in the L train shut down!) >:/

They were gonna buy them for the L train shutdown but the deal fell through when inspectors found severe corrosion and frame damage. I don't think anyone wants a used, poor emission bus with frame damage and corrosion.