Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

22 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

The temperature is automatic, and the operator only has on/off control.

Now, the floor radiators was a known  latent flaw, that was supposed to have been fixed with a software update to the to the vehicle multiplex system.

(Components were operating correctly, just commanded heat in error)

Interesting, was this even on the more recent 2017-2018 Nova's? I don't recall the numbers, but they were ones out of Eglinton. This was last year, not this year, so perhaps the update you mention was applied.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should have been on that PCC on September 23rd.  That specifically was the breaking point for me for putting up with former garbage. A friend of mine who works for another transit agency and

Cherry on top of today’s events, we lost at technician at Queensway to a heart attack. Unfortunately I don’t know the specifics. 😣

About a decade ago, I attended an open house at the Greenwood subway yard, and acquired a set of datasheets for the Camshaft (H1, H2, and H4) Hawkers, Chopper (H5 and H6) Hawkers, and T1 models of sub

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MK78 said:

Interesting, was this even on the more recent 2017-2018 Nova's? I don't recall the numbers, but they were ones out of Eglinton. This was last year, not this year, so perhaps the update you mention was applied.

They re flashed all of them.

22 hours ago, nfitz said:

That's not my experience; but I invariably seem to be on very new ones.

Is it possible they've rectified this?

There are no vents in the extreme back of the bus, nothing has changed.

1 hour ago, Ontario_Transit said:

7575 on Route 75

8181 on Route 81

These would probably never happen, at least not with the current bus garage allocations.

7575 is a birchmount bus, and 75 is a wilson route. 8181 is a wilson bus, and 81 is a birchmount route.  

7 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

These would probably never happen, at least not with the current bus garage allocations.

7575 is a birchmount bus, and 75 is a wilson route. 8181 is a wilson bus, and 81 is a birchmount route.  

Exactly, I'm wondering what you might actually see out on a run (like my totally unexpected sighting). Obviously if you ignore that, 7878 could be on St Andrews (assuming it's not retired, haven't checked), 7979 could be on Scarlett, etc.

55 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Too bad 1414 is at Wilson while all the units close to that number is at MtD.

I forgot to think of the hybrids! 🙄  Well, there are all the 3100-up buses coming in, too.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, blue said:

but seriously have we seen 86xx on 86 scarborough?

Nope, never! Don't let the propaganda fool you - the LFS is not a real bus, just an illusion conjured up by the TTC to trick riders into thinking the fleet is more modern than it really is. :ph34r:

Vive le Orion VII!

• Haha 5

Is it just me, or have a heck of a lot of chimes on T1's and Flexitys been essentially muted? They're either very very faint or non-existent. I know I'm not going deaf because the TR chimes are still the same. On the Flexitys, this includes the stop request chime on the affected cars.

5 hours ago, 63 Ossington said:

Is it just me, or have a heck of a lot of chimes on T1's and Flexitys been essentially muted? They're either very very faint or non-existent. I know I'm not going deaf because the TR chimes are still the same. On the Flexitys, this includes the stop request chime on the affected cars.

The stop chime on the flexities is different; now it’s a small beep that’s hard to hear with ongoing passenger convos.