Orion V

Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

hello can anyone tell me how your sigaling the works for traffice lights?

Red light stop, green light go, yellow light go very very fast.

Oh wait, sorry let me translate that for you...

red lite stope, gren lite go, lellow lite go fast very very.

Red light stop, green light go, yellow light go very very fast.

Oh wait, sorry let me translate that for you...

red lite stope, gren lite go, lellow lite go fast very very.

+1000000000000000000000000

hello can anyone tell me how your sigaling the works for traffice lights?

also do you now how long york u buses rerouting?

If you're asking about Transit Priority signals they are controlled by antennas under the vehicle that trip sensors buried in the road.

The York U buses will be diverting until they complete construction in the area, not sure there are any fixed dates for completion.

If you're asking about Transit Priority signals they are controlled by antennas under the vehicle that trip sensors buried in the road.

I know the two transit signals in Mississauga run on an inductive loop system, just like on demand traffic lights and advance lights. I've seen regular cars trip off both of them. I wouldn't doubt that some in Toronto run off the same system, if not all.

I know the two transit signals in Mississauga run on an inductive loop system, just like on demand traffic lights and advance lights. I've seen regular cars trip off both of them. I wouldn't doubt that some in Toronto run off the same system, if not all.

With the exception of those on the busway, they don't use inductive loops. They work exactly as BBC 9197 said.

Dan

hi thank you sorry that what mean ur transit priority, so it sends a code to the ground sensors, do you know what it sends?

I think you answered your question before you asked it.

If you are asking what the code is, don't quote me on this but, I believe it would be something to the effect of 11000110101110010101110011.

I was looking at the Servive Changes coming up, and notice they are finally extending route 352 to Royal York.

I think it would make more sense to extend the 352 to Islington Ave. to meet up with the 311 to *complete* the grid for the 352, unless that also has to go to Pearson.

The TTC received requests for an extension of 352 from employees and residents of the Village of Humber Heights Retirement Community complex located on Lawrence between Royal York and Scarlett. In response, the TTC will be extending 352 to Royal York on a trial basis. I've linked the report from the May 30th Commission meeting below:

352 Lawrence West Overnight Bus Route: Extension to Royal York Road

Does anyone have any information on, what appears to be, a transit terminal being built at Humber North?

In the MiWay thread someone mentioned that they were thinking about building something, but last night when I was at Humber they have built either the worlds longest drop off zone or a kilometer long transit terminal, in the middle of the main parking lot.

I think it would make more sense to extend the 352 to Islington Ave. to meet up with the 311 to *complete* the grid for the 352, unless that also has to go to Pearson.

Agreed, yes it would, however this is TTC we're talking about here, they take baby steps for everything. Be glad they're extending it Royal York for now. :rolleyes:

Agreed, yes it would, however this is TTC we're talking about here, they take baby steps for everything. Be glad they're extending it Royal York for now. :rolleyes:

Where do you suggest it loop at Islington?

Where do you suggest it loop at Islington?

The same way any route loops when no off street loop is present.

Same way they currently use for short turns there.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the TTC tries to refrain form having blue night routes loop on local roads to reduce the possibility of noise complaints form the neighbourhood. Even some of the daytime routes change their routing late at night to reduce noise complaints (like 63 and 94 entering/exiting Ossingtion Station via Bloor instead of Northumberland during the last couple hours of service). If 352 was to be extended to Islington it would likely loop via Islington-Eglinton-Royal York or the more likely Islington-Dixon-Royal York to head back east.

....If 352 was to be extended to Islington it would likely loop via Islington-Eglinton-Royal York or the more likely Islington-Dixon-Royal York to head back east.

May as well just sent it over to Martin Grove, that looping would take the same amount of time.

Just thought I might share this link of old Eglinton Station and what remains of it. Pictures are included at the bottom of the link as well.

http://www.uerev.com...hp?pid=eglinton

And in addition:

http://www.uer.ca/fo...id=68995#post35

Look at those photos brings a question to mind:

Why were Eglington, Warden, Islington, and Victoria Park (old one)'s bus bays designed like that in the first place instead of the modern style? Space, funds, style of that era?

Just thought I might share this link of old Eglinton Station and what remains of it. Pictures are included at the bottom of the link as well.

http://www.uerev.com...hp?pid=eglinton

Should we really be posting pictures from areas that have no public access on a public discussion board? Is this not encouraging people to explore areas from where you are not authorized?

Places like this have barricades and fences for a reason ... to keep people out, not to encourage illegal access.

Should we really be posting pictures from areas that have no public access on a public discussion board? Is this not encouraging people to explore areas from where you are not authorized?

Places like this have barricades and fences for a reason ... to keep people out, not to encourage illegal access.

Sorry,I didn't think of that. A friend showed me those pictures a few days ago and I thought they were neat seeing the remains of old Eglinton Stn. I do agree with you as well, I not encouraging anyone to illegally trespass onto any kind of property, just thought the photos were neat and I do disagree with the actions made of the person that took those photos. (if they didn't get official permission) My apologies

Look at those photos brings a question to mind:

Why were Eglington, Warden, Islington, and Victoria Park (old one)'s bus bays designed like that in the first place instead of the modern style? Space, funds, style of that era?

Theses stations can hold a lot of buses in little space. Plus Eglinton station had one of the best bus flows for buses entering and exiting he bus terminal. I miss the old Eglinton Bus Terminal.

Theses stations can hold a lot of buses in little space. Plus Eglinton station had one of the best bus flows for buses entering and exiting he bus terminal. I miss the old Eglinton Bus Terminal.

This. Compared to the newer ring style, these stations had spectacular passenger flow due to the independent inflow/outflow platforms.