Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

Today is the last day to enjoy the lovely smells, and odd objects found in the washrooms at bloor station, as they are slated to close feb 27th :-)

After years of walking in there, and holding my breath, its gonna be a toronto tradition i will miss hahaha

lol, I remember going in there as child doing the same thing. About time!

Couple of inane questions:

What happens if you operate a call on lever when no call on is called?

Why is there an ominous sign at the end of the Davisville North Tail saying to operate the lever when the train gets there?

What's the farthest a TR has ever been on the BD line?

Why are new signal heads being put up around Union if the planned ATO just changes out the brains of the system?

How many closures are gonna be required to connect the Spadina extension to the end of the Downsview tails?

What was the initial pphpd of the BD line when it opened up?

Quick question about the H1's. Why did some say 'Do not operate as a lead car'?

That had to do with the 1995 Russell Hill accident. That was a temporary thing until all the trip valves were inspected or replaced.

What happens if you operate a call on lever when no call on is called?

You get your fingers dirty. Probably not info the general public should know or should be asking.

Today is the last day to enjoy the lovely smells, and odd objects found in the washrooms at bloor station, as they are slated to close feb 27th :-)

After years of walking in there, and holding my breath, its gonna be a toronto tradition i will miss hahaha

yeah just like finch (untill they renovated the mens bathroom) it was horrible comming up the escalator next to the mens room......

What's the farthest a TR has ever been on the BD line?

Probably not at all. They've only been tested on the YUS.

How many closures are gonna be required to connect the Spadina extension to the end of the Downsview tails?

If you mean closure of the subway system, probably none. The tail tracks are the length of an entire train, so there is more than enough space to do the construction without disrupting the station or service.

Have there ever been situations where passengers were caught in between the gaps of subways, I don't mean they had crossed over and then they were caught, I mean they were in the process of moving through and either got cold feet and stood in between, or the actual guard stopped them in between the train? Also have there been any deaths through walking between trains either passengers or employees?

* I meant to say crossing between cars not the actual gap between the train and station platform

Why are new signal heads being put up around Union if the planned ATO just changes out the brains of the system?

There still needs to be wayside signals in case the ATO fails, or if they need to operate non-ATO-equipped trains on the line.

There will likely be a couple, and not just for the tail tracks.

What was the initial pphpd of the BD line when it opened up?

Design, or actual?

Dan

That had to do with the 1995 Russell Hill accident. That was a temporary thing until all the trip valves were inspected or replaced.

Thanks. For some wierd reason I thought they had some equipment salvaged and removed making them trailers.

Hopefully, Kennedy will be next. ;)

Who cares about graffiti ('cept Rob Ford lol). The smell of urine had worked its way into the old floors, as long as the smell is gone, I'm okay.

I don't think it will go away that easily, if it has worked it way into the walls and maybe some mold in the ceiling, it might be there still.

Guest orionvi

Is 29 the only official HF accessible route out of Wilson?

Otherwise, where else can I gaurantee to find a 96 V from Wilson?

The only other route that gets them consistently is the 107. Other than that, it is common on the 142 in the evening (comes off the 7) , 95A at rush hour, the 196 and sometimes the 106. If one will appear on a route other than these is anyone's guess.

I don't think it will go away that easily, if it has worked it way into the walls and maybe some mold in the ceiling, it might be there still.

My understanding is that during these renovations they are actually ripping out all the old tiling so that should solve the problem of the smell being worked into the walls/ceiling.

While on the topic of washrooms, has anyone used the Don Mills washrooms? How bad are they seeing as how there are only a little over 9 years old.

The only other route that gets them consistently is the 107. Other than that, it is common on the 142 in the evening (comes off the 7) , 95A at rush hour, the 196 and sometimes the 106. If one will appear on a route other than these is anyone's guess.

You do realize your replying to a 4 year old post right?

Guest orionvi

My understanding is that during these renovations they are actually ripping out all the old tiling so that should solve the problem of the smell being worked into the walls/ceiling.

While on the topic of washrooms, has anyone used the Don Mills washrooms? How bad are they seeing as how there are only a little over 9 years old.

You do realize your replying to a 4 year old post right?

Didn't realize that

Don Mills does have the smell to it, but it's not as bad as other washrooms.

I wonder why they didn't go with Terrazo flooring in the new washrooms though, like Eglinton's new washrooms. Aren't they easier to clean and more resilient to "urine seepage"? I LOVE using Eglinton's washrooms. It never smells.

With the grout-lines of tiles, the urine seepage/scent issue will inevitable pop up again soon in the future. No?

Guest orionvi

Saw 7405, the rebuild prototype, just now. It has stainless steel

Doors that one would see on 8101-8394. Does this mean they would change the doors on all the buses come rebuild?

Saw 7405, the rebuild prototype, just now. It has stainless steel

Doors that one would see on 8101-8394. Does this mean they would change the doors on all the buses come rebuild?

Two things. First is that 8101 has the older doors, as seen on all the NG Hybrids and #8100. Secondly, the answer seems to be no for now seeing as how 7504 was presumably rebuilt as well and it returned to service sporting the original style rear doors.

How many of the Orion V's have the black cover like 9426? <---- NEVER MIND this part of the question.It is only one.

Is this the option depending on the degree of damage from accidents? I actually give 2 thumbs up for that look.

If they were to get rebuilt would this be an option?