Orion V

Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

13 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Transsee doesn't list that as a route. Weird.

I also have a question. I saw 1408 this morning on the 14 Glencairn, but displaying a 28 Brick Works sign. Is there a reason for this, or did the operator just punch in the wrong code?

I went to kennedy a few minutes ago and rode on 8555 and also saw 8949 and 8494 along the way

So 175 buses are 8949,8494,8555

16 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Transsee doesn't list that as a route. Weird.

It's the first day of a new board period - either TTC, Nextbus, and/or Transsee have not been updated to reflect the new schedules. It's a Sunday as well, and I don't know too many office staff who are working on Sunday mornings.

16 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

I also have a question. I saw 1408 this morning on the 14 Glencairn, but displaying a 28 Brick Works sign. Is there a reason for this, or did the operator just punch in the wrong code?

Due to construction starting in Davisville Station, the 14 and 28 will interline during all periods. So the operator probably put up the 28 sign while on an eastbound trip, as that is the ultimate destination of the vehicle.

1 minute ago, Basket said:

I went to kennedy a few minutes ago and rode on 8555 and also saw 8949 and 8494 along the way

So 175 buses are 8949,8494,8555

This is a sighting. Keep these to the Today's Sightings thread.

1 minute ago, Articulated said:

It's the first day of a new board period - either TTC, Nextbus, and/or Transsee have not been updated to reflect the new schedules. It's a Sunday as well, and I don't know too many office staff who are working on Sunday mornings.

Due to construction starting in Davisville Station, the 14 and 28 will interline during all periods. So the operator probably put up the 28 sign while on an eastbound trip, as that is the ultimate destination of the vehicle.

This is a sighting. Keep these to the Today's Sightings thread.

Last timd it took a week for transee to update iirc

1 minute ago, Articulated said:

The driver was indeed going eastbound, but at Glencairn and Dufferin, nowhere near any 28 stops. Sorry for my stupidity, but what do you mean by the two routes interlining? 

1 minute ago, Orion VI said:

The driver was indeed going eastbound, but at Glencairn and Dufferin, nowhere near any 28 stops. Sorry for my stupidity, but what do you mean by the two routes interlining? 

Interline means the same bus goes on another route, either becuase of consturction or other reasons

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Another question: what bus is this? it isnt in the wiki.

image.thumb.png.d509d63565dbb069379cf0babbd64b53.png

I think it’s the old command bus? I have always wondered what it was. Never knew though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Another question: what bus is this? it isnt in the wiki.

image.thumb.png.d509d63565dbb069379cf0babbd64b53.png

20 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I think it’s the old command bus? I have always wondered what it was. Never knew though.

Yes, it is. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

It was. Former gray coach mc-8 I believe.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Articulated said:

Looking at the raw Nextbus data, they clearly haven't loaded the current schedule information. This also means all those next vehicle signs in shelters are going to be erroneous on routes with significant schedule changes.

I don't know what $billion+ corporation with thousands of employees doesn't work on a Sunday morning! Cubic Corporation has been dreadful on this some months. They have successfully loaded the information on time on occasion, so it's not impossible.

8 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

It was. Former gray coach mc-8 I believe.

Yep. Thanks.

Image result for ttc command bus

• Like 7

I might have missed this somewhere along the history of this site... Does anyone know which routes they plan to deploy the BYDs and Proterras?

I seem to recall reading somewhere the NFIs will be solely on 35/935.

27 minutes ago, Cityflyer said:

I might have missed this somewhere along the history of this site... Does anyone know which routes they plan to deploy the BYDs and Proterras?

I seem to recall reading somewhere the NFIs will be solely on 35/935.

My undestanding is that beyond perhaps the highway-routed express routes, there are no set allocations to any of the electric buses. They will be used on any and all routes at their respective divisions.

Dan

No one is owed the very newest buses in the fleet, and especially not when the replacement buses they are getting are only 3-4 years old at worst.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

No one is owed the very newest buses in the fleet, and especially not when the replacement buses they are getting are only 3-4 years old at worst.

Maybe when 8000-8011 retire the TTC will decide to purchase brand new buses for the 900 Airport Express and deliver those to Queensway. Or they might also just convert a handful of the Nova LFSs with luggage racks and designate them for the Airport route and my instinct tells me the latter will be the case. 

4 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

Maybe when 8000-8011 retire the TTC will decide to purchase brand new buses for the 900 Airport Express and deliver those to Queensway. Or they might also just convert a handful of the Nova LFSs with luggage racks and designate them for the Airport route and my instinct tells me the latter will be the case. 

@leylandvictory2mentioned in the McNicoll Bus Garage update thread that 900 may go to McNicoll when it opens. The 8000s may still be around at that time

10 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

@leylandvictory2mentioned in the McNicoll Bus Garage update thread that 900 may go to McNicoll when it opens. The 8000s may still be around at that time

It makes absolutely no logical sense to have an east end garage do the runs for a route in the complete opposite end of the city. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

I don't know why you guys take that idea seriously. If Queensway loses the 900, it would go to Arrow, then MtD or Wilson. Wilson will lose all routes east of Don Mills soon enough once the Crosstown opens. Those routes slightly east of Yonge like 56 and 88 could end up at Bmount or Eglinton. The Novas would pretty much be what we'll see east of Yonge by 2022. All you foamers can lose your mind now! Unless there's a massive roll out of electric buses at McNicoll or NFI wins the next hybrid batch. Both really doubtful with the current financial situation.

As for the replacement for the 8000-8011, hopefully the get them some new buses with WiFi and USB charging ports. Or convert some 3100s

• Like 2

Sarcasm is quite obviously lost on you lot.

The 900 will not be going to McNicholl, no more than the 135 will operate out of there.

As for what will happen when it is time for the Airport Rocket buses to retire, well, probably the same thing that will happen when those buses were first configured - the TTC will pick a sub-group of 12 or so buses that are already in the fleet and modify (and possibly paint) them for the service. It makes absolutely no sense for them to go out and buy a small sub-group like that specifically for the service. They may ask Nova to configure 12 or 15 or so buses from one of the upcoming orders for the airport service, but that's not the same as a distinct order, either.

Dan

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, smallspy said:

Sarcasm is quite obviously lost on you lot.

The 900 will not be going to McNicholl, no more than the 135 will operate out of there.

It all started as a joke about how often 57 MIDLAND has been reassigned recently. :rolleyes:

Maybe my sarcasm flew over your head.

I was bringing in the joke from that thread. Considering how he keeps ranting about how Queensway doesn't get any buses, I tried to have a bit fun by mentioning McNicoll was getting 900... that wasn't successful but oh well