Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

2 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

Highly doubt it’s intentional, Other media agencies reported the number was supposed to be 0039 not 0009, simple harmless typo that’s going to get blown up just because. 

Not intentional, but it certainly isn't going to improve the workforce's opinion of the management team that just managed to lose the private, confidential information of their entire workforce.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John Oke said:

https://www.blogto.com/city/2021/11/ttc-phone-sex-hotline/
if this was intentional, someone is probably getting fired for this. 

Just shows that nobody proofreads and verifies anything before things go out.

BlogTO is also guilty of misleading false info and blowing up unnecessary news. 

News agencies also don't proofread articles they publish these days. So it's all just a game.

Does anyone have any idea why the buses going to Islington Station don’t go into the terminal and being dropped off at the station entrance nowadays?

I take 50 Burnhamthorpe often and they’ve been doing that for at least over a week now
I don’t see any announcements regarding that anywhere (ttc website, twitter, etc)

11 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

Does anyone have any idea why the buses going to Islington Station don’t go into the terminal and being dropped off at the station entrance nowadays?

I take 50 Burnhamthorpe often and they’ve been doing that for at least over a week now
I don’t see any announcements regarding that anywhere (ttc website, twitter, etc)

This was posted on Reddit last week. Based on the end date, I assume it's for bus platform deconstruction/preliminary work on the new terminal?

20211115_133243.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lip said:

Glad to see the TTC is publicly acknowledging they wont meet the AODA deadlines for Islington. Side note, this shift the south end of the terminal happened weeks ago.

As far as I know, the work continues to 2026. Which doesn't preclude providing accessibility before then, perhaps with temporary measures.

The poster seems badly worded. Obviously buses won't exclusively be using that particular platform until 2026 - as thought they'll be demolishing that area long before then.

Does anyone have any solid estimates how long a 501 Broadview bus would take to get from Long Branch loop to King and John? To arrive there Friday evening by 6:40 PM, about when would I need to catch the bus at the loop? Triplinx says 1.5 hours, and, "take the train". I am not convinced it will be that bad.

On the other hand, the TTC side claims that the bus uses Queen east to Spadina. I was at Queen and Augusta yesterday, and it was totally blocked and the concrete was being torn up. Has it reopened? I wonder.

14 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

Does anyone have any solid estimates how long a 501 Broadview bus would take to get from Long Branch loop to King and John? To arrive there Friday evening by 6:40 PM, about when would I need to catch the bus at the loop? Triplinx says 1.5 hours, and, "take the train". I am not convinced it will be that bad.

On the other hand, the TTC side claims that the bus uses Queen east to Spadina. I was at Queen and Augusta yesterday, and it was totally blocked and the concrete was being torn up. Has it reopened? I wonder.

If i were you i would just take the 110A/B to the subway to st andrew stn and walk to john street from there.

According to the schedules posted on transsee, that trip is scheduled to take about 80 minutes on the 501 bus. Thats scheduled time, im assuming there will be some traffic on a friday at pm rush which means it could take even longer then that.

As for the detours, this is apparently the current routing in the image below.

queendiversionpostersmall.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

If i were you i would just take the 110A/B to the subway to st andrew stn and walk to john street from there.

According to the schedules posted on transsee, that trip is scheduled to take about 80 minutes on the 501 bus. Thats scheduled time, im assuming there will be some traffic on a friday at pm rush which means it could take even longer then that.

As for the detours, this is apparently the current routing in the image below.

queendiversionpostersmall.jpg

To double down, yes take the 110A/B. GO Train is even better as you wouldnt run into any risks of delays if you actually need to get somewhere on time. GO will get you anywhere on time most of the time, the TTC will get you to your destination late if you have a schedule to follow. There's no point wasting time on the 501B, one would be lucky to get from Long Branch to King/John in an hour and half if you factor in traffic, and the TTC's consistent screwing around of that "service".

Just came back from waiting nearly 30 mins for the 501B just to do a local trip, and of course 2 buses show up back to back (even with absolutely 0 traffic whatsoever). Cant wait to see what Sunday has in store when the TTC hacks the hell out of service all over the city thanks to Leary and his idiotic crew.

• Like 1

So I wound up taking the GO train in from Long Branch to Union. I had the upper level of a bilevel to myself, and was not impeded by shuffling zombie crowds getting off the train. So that was not bad.

I was ready to head for home from King/Simcoe at around 8:45, i.e. I could not make the GO train home, and they run only hourly by that time. With no westbound streetcar in sight, I wandered up to Queen and over to the stop at University.

A hand-me-down 501L showed up shortly after 9 PM. It took about 35 minutes to get to Roncesvalles, via Queen, Spadina, Richmond, Bathurst, King,  Dufferin, and Queen. A lot of that was from traffic on Richmond and Bathurst. After that, it was not much over 20 minutes to Long Branch loop.

I get what people are saying about taking the subway and the 110, but I find that routing pretty tedious. And while it's easy to remember that the 110A leaves on the quarter past and quarter to (or at least it always has in the past), miss it and you are left with unattractive choices. Plus always wondering if I should go on to Kipling and catch a Shorncliffe Sherway instead.

A lot of links on ttc.ca have become broken recently, some leading to "Sorry, couldn't find the page you were looking for" and some not even loading claiming there's a typo in the URL. There's a PDF file i've been wanting to take another look at for a few days now. It's the one about all the line 5 bus route changes with the pie charts. 

2 minutes ago, John Oke said:

I noticed today a 501 car with it's pantograph up while another had it's trolley poll still up, how long has this been going for? I saw both of them on King St. 

Which direction were the cars headed?  Queen St is slowly being converted to fully pantograph operation as well