Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

I have been hearing a lot of information that mount dennis is going to get arrow roads nova artics later on this year possibly next board period. Wilson division is supposed to loose the route 52  and arrow road is going to be operating that route. I was also told mt dennis will be operating on route 35 jane with the nova artics as well. Has anyone else heard about this? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

I have been hearing a lot of information that mount dennis is going to get arrow roads nova artics later on this year possibly next board period. Wilson division is supposed to loose the route 52  and arrow road is going to be operating that route. I was also told mt dennis will be operating on route 35 jane with the nova artics as well. Has anyone else heard about this? 

Have you heard anything of LFSAs coming back to Wilson?

1 hour ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

That would be a big shuffle! What will WIlson get? The 36?

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

3 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

Looking at Transit Toronto's 52 LAWRENCE history article, Arrow Road operated both the route and the 58 MALTON until 1993.

Can't Wilson also take back their namesake route, the 96 WILSON as well?

On 6/3/2019 at 6:15 PM, raptorjays said:

Do you know what will happen to some of the Queensway's 79xx fleets which doesn't have VISION on them?

I know some went to Birchmount to supplement streetcar replacement routes

Right now, there's only one of them on the Queensway route which is 7921 on Evans

Will they get VISION later on? or be retired later in the year?

Anyone please answer this?

On 4/23/2019 at 11:49 AM, Bus_Medic said:

The latest scuttlebutt is that fleet management has reconsidered and has requested clever devices manufacture kits to equip the rest of the 7900s (excluding the roadblock buses possibly)

There will be some lead time before they’d get around to making them, so they could be deployed on streetcar substitutions exclusively, with the same TETRA radios.

as an aside, the vision buses communicate with TETRA technology as well, it’s just got more extra bells and whistles, like tablet screens ‘n shit.

-I’m feeling generous today.

Some details have turned out to be not true, like the exclusive use as streetcar substitutes, but as of this moment the plan to install vision in them still stands.

23 hours ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Have you heard anything of LFSAs coming back to Wilson?

I have been told Wilson isn't getting their artics back at all.

22 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I was told the route 36 Finch West will use 40 foot buses from arrow road division if they actually decide moving their artics to mount dennis division.

That seems like a more than reasonable response, they don’t have the funds to upgrade that particular garage so they use what buses they can, as for “hand me downs” a bus is a bus and any time I’ve ridden a Queensway allocated bus I’ve seen no issue with them.. they get the job done and the provide service to the residences of Toronto/Etobicoke 

now if people are complaining that aren’t bus fans, it’s possible the older 7s may have been breaking down over a time or they aren’t happy with the service they’re getting but I can hardly see an issue with getting an old Orion 7 vs a new nova.. 

16 hours ago, NewFlyerFan said:

That seems like a more than reasonable response, they don’t have the funds to upgrade that particular garage so they use what buses they can, as for “hand me downs” a bus is a bus and any time I’ve ridden a Queensway allocated bus I’ve seen no issue with them.. they get the job done and the provide service to the residences of Toronto/Etobicoke 

now if people are complaining that aren’t bus fans, it’s possible the older 7s may have been breaking down over a time or they aren’t happy with the service they’re getting but I can hardly see an issue with getting an old Orion 7 vs a new nova.. 

However, TTC and the city has been very hostile in transit infrastructure development in the west side of the city including Etobicoke. Focus is all on Scarborough, but I think Etobicoke area needs more attention.

Since they were too focused on the other areas.. the redevelopment of Islington Station as well as transit hub at Kipling was keep being delayed.

I know Humber Bay area needs transit infrastructure desperately, but it seems like the infrastructure isn’t catching up.  

I know many people’s been taking 66 Prince Edward bus, and I see the bus has been filling very quickly during rush hours. With Queensway buses which is no different from horse carriages. 

I blame everything to fuckin Ford families, who’s anti public transit fan, and ruined this city and continue to doing so even Doug is a premier of this province. 

If Rob Ford did not cancel transit city which included a waterfront LRT, it wouldn’t have caused transit infrastructure nightmare in that area. The bus to Mimico GO station is just a band aid solution, and the city has to come up with something permanent. 

35 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

However, TTC and the city has been very hostile in transit infrastructure development in the west side of the city including Etobicoke. Focus is all on Scarborough, but I think Etobicoke area needs more attention.

Don't think that's coming from TTC. That's the direction from council. The people of Scarborough have elected councillors that have been pusing TTC to improve.

Perhaps the people of Etobicoke need to make better choices 

31 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Don't think that's coming from TTC. That's the direction from council. The people of Scarborough have elected councillors that have been pusing TTC to improve.

Perhaps the people of Etobicoke need to make better choices 

Personally, I'd love to, but when you're stuck in Fordlandia with the voters' entrenched loyalty to the Fords, it's kind of hard. Hell, I've even volunteered for one of the candidates running against Rob in 2014 - and sadly, I was one of only 1620 votes for that candidate.

10 minutes ago, meltingtomato said:

Personally, I'd love to, but when you're stuck in Fordlandia with the voters' entrenched loyalty to the Fords, it's kind of hard. Hell, I've even volunteered for one of the candidates running against Rob in 2014 - and sadly, I was one of only 1620 votes for that candidate.

And how many votes were cast for Ford?

Seems like the majority has spoken no?

UNLESS you don't believe in people having the right to an opinion, even if its not in agreement with yours.

Thousands died for that right...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Benton Harper said:

And how many votes were cast for Ford?

Seems like the majority has spoken no?

UNLESS you don't believe in people having the right to an opinion, even if its not in agreement with yours.

Thousands died for that right...

We’ll see if he makes it as leader to the end of their mandate. If they want to see a second term, they may want to consider replacing him with say, Christine Elliot....

https://globalnews.ca/news/5310826/ontario-politics-doug-ford-ipsos-poll/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ford-one-year-polls-1.5165925

54 minutes ago, meltingtomato said:

Not just the Fords - they don't get what they want without other Etobicoke pols like Grimes and Di Ciano and the Holydays enabling them (and their ilk elsewhere like Mammo and Minnan-Wong)

57 minutes ago, meltingtomato said:

Ah ... I remember that ... Andray Domise ... and he finished in third with Rob Ford getting 59%.

I guess Etobicoke gets what they deserve with such consistently poor choices. His replacement Michael Ford got 70% of the vote in 2016.

39 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

We’ll see if he makes it as leader to the end of their mandate. If they want to see a second term, they may want to consider replacing him with say, Christine Elliot....

As leader? He died 16 months after the election as a result of a rare stomach cancer - which isn't particularly surprising given he admitted (before the election that he got 58% having consumed every illicit (cancer-causing!) drug under the sun ...

5 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/5310826/ontario-politics-doug-ford-ipsos-poll/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ford-one-year-polls-1.5165925

With the PC faithful being dumb enough to vote him in as leader the first time over Elliot, dont expect their intelligence to all of a sudden to shoot up and force Ford out in favor of her. Granic Allen probably has a better chance the way those people think.

• Like 1