Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

3 hours ago, 7969 said:

What is this, North Korea?

Most employers have codes of conduct and employment contracts and things like that.  Most employers also have a marketing or PR department or similar whose purview includes watching social media for things like complaints etc from the public and also things like unauthorized disclosure of confidential information.  So yes, you could be putting your livelyhood at risk by posting stuff online that's subject to NDA or even just by griping about the place you work at.

You go first.  If you're not afraid of getting fired, assuming you're gainfully employed, tell us all where you work and dish all the dirt.  Me?  I'm old.  I don't care about Orion 7s.  I remember when subway cars used to be painted red.  I don't get an allowance from my parents and I have a mortgage and bills to pay and I prefer to fall on the more cautious side of things, so I won't be participating.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Doggosareamazing said:

Since the 1000-1100s are recieving the new livery, will the 8000's beside the airport rockets recieve it as well? What about the the higher 7900s? 

These questions keep me up all night as I howl at the moon. (Just kidding)

Haven't head anything regarding the 7900's or 8000's. I doubt any 7900's will be repainted since they are next on the kill list. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BusFanForever said:

Haven't head anything regarding the 7900's or 8000's. I doubt any 7900's will be repainted since they are next on the kill list. 

I think the 8000's more likely since they are 2007 models and full diesel but then again Idk if there is a hereditary problem with the 2007 specifically.

One of the most ridiculous but complex routes that has never given a letter designation for a long time: the 133 NEILSON.

Since this route enters the Rouge Valley Centenary Hospital at all times, southbound AM buses and northbound PM buses usually skipped that stop. Due to its confusion, why not give the 133 the proper branch letters to make it easier:

• 133A Scarborough Centre Stn.-Morningside Heights via Centenary
  • 133B Scarborough Centre Stn.-Morningside Heights

Map of Route 133 Neilson

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BYD said:

One of the most ridiculous but complex routes that has never given a letter designation for a long time: the 133 NEILSON.

Since this route enters the Rouge Valley Centenary Hospital at all times, southbound AM buses and northbound PM buses usually skipped that stop. Due to its confusion, why not give the 133 the proper branch letters to make it easier:

• 133A Scarborough Centre Stn.-Morningside Heights via Centenary
  • 133B Scarborough Centre Stn.-Morningside Heights

Map of Route 133 Neilson

Other than you, who's confused by it?

Considering that the route has operated in this manner for 25 years, perhaps there's nothing wrong with it.

Dan

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Quick question:

What happened here:image.thumb.png.bc75e036d672463410e88ffcb7a49a59.png

To me, that looks like the back off a STCUM fishbowl. Any guesses?

That looks like a STCUM panel. Probably off one of the units the TTC bought and stored at Hillcrest and was not rebuilt.

On a related note, I think there was a fishbowl that received a STCUM fishbowl rear window. I think it was 2255?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alder said:

Does anyone know if the published schedule for 939B Finch Express at Finch West Station is listing arrival times rather than departure times?

It's almost certainly going to be departure times.

1 hour ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

That looks like a STCUM panel. Probably off one of the units the TTC bought and stored at Hillcrest and was not rebuilt.

On a related note, I think there was a fishbowl that received a STCUM fishbowl rear window. I think it was 2255?

2255 it was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

It's almost certainly going to be departure times.

2255 it was.

Reason I ask this is because on the 939B schedule is listed as WB, and the bus only travels EB.

At Finch West the last bus is listed as 11:06PM,  but the last bus at Dufferin EB is 10:28PM.

And seems like after a certain time the buses arrives to drop off passengers and leave the station as NIS.

16 minutes ago, Alder said:

Reason I ask this is because on the 939B schedule is listed as WB, and the bus only travels EB.

At Finch West the last bus is listed as 11:06PM,  but the last bus at Dufferin EB is 10:28PM.

And seems like after a certain time the buses arrives to drop off passengers and leave the station as NIS.

Huh! That is very strange. According to the TTC website, the last bus at Dufferin WB is 11:03 PM. So perhaps you're right that those may be arrival, not departure times, which is very odd. What does anyone have to gain by knowing what time a bus arrives at Finch West before going out of service?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Huh! That is very strange. According to the TTC website, the last bus at Dufferin WB is 11:03 PM. So perhaps you're right that those may be arrival, not departure times, which is very odd. What does anyone have to gain by knowing what time a bus arrives at Finch West before going out of service?

According to the current service summary, the last 939B EXPRESS weekday trips heading westbound to Finch West Stn. is 10:09pm and eastbound to Scarborough Centre Stn. is at 10:24pm. 

In addition, the last 939B EXPRESS trips end at 6:50pm (EB) and 6:58pm (WB) on Saturdays and 6:55pm (WB) and 7:06pm (EB) on Sundays.

4 hours ago, BYD said:

According to the current service summary, the last 939B EXPRESS weekday trips heading westbound to Finch West Stn. is 10:09pm and eastbound to Scarborough Centre Stn. is at 10:24pm. 

Thanks for the info, took ~1 hour here compared to one month and counting from the TTC to answer that.

The timed schedule for Finch West doesn't show 10:24PM--in anycase,  this seems more accurate. I appreciate your response!

20 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Quick question:

What happened here:image.thumb.png.bc75e036d672463410e88ffcb7a49a59.png

To me, that looks like the back off a STCUM fishbowl. Any guesses?

2012 received a STCUM engine cover sometime around 2002.  It had it until it's retirement in April 2004.  Other buses received STCUM parts like rear windows such as buses: 2247, 2296 & 2339.  2296 rear window was swap to 2255 and I believe 2296 has 2255 rear window during the Life Extension Program rebuild in 2009.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Andythagiant said:

That plot of land has already been sold to TPS for their new 54/55 division.

I don't think any property has been sold. But there are plans for a new city-owned facility at that location that will house the police, TTC, and the library.

I thought the recent talks about a museum, were putting it on the Hillcrest property, in that building I forget the name of, on Davenport, west of the transit control building, north of the streetcar shops.

1 minute ago, nfitz said:

I don't think any property has been sold. But there are plans for a new city-owned facility at that location that will house the police, TTC, and the library.

I thought the recent talks about a museum, were putting it on the Hillcrest property, in that building I forget the name of, on Davenport, west of the transit control building, north of the streetcar shops.

I didn't think Hillcrest had any space.

1 hour ago, 7575 said:

I didn't think Hillcrest had any space.

Reading the recent report - https://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2018/July_27/Reports/11_Hillcrest_Complex_Property_Study.pdf - it's potentially part of the Davenport Garage Renewal. The new 2019 TTC budget has the renewals as an unfunded amount of $93 million - mostly in 2026.

Though that's a pretty small amount compared to the unfunded $900 million in the budget for the "New Streetcar Maintenance and Storage Facility (Hillcrest Complex)", which peaks at $272 million in 2025.

image.thumb.png.a01cee43ef717d5f61a099af493e75de.png